Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two cities have two clubs each.

I can't remember the last time Bristol Rovers were in the top division and Bristol City were there in the 1970's. They have not won anything. There should be one stadium circa 50,000 seats to give this area of the country a force to be reckoned with.

Sheffiled Wed. went donwhill after there two cup Finals v Arsenal and Sheff Utd have always struggled in the top division. One Sheffield club will fill a stadium of 50000 and should challenge in the top flight.

Both of these proposals will bring anger from the respective fans, but perhaps you are prepared to follow clubs that will always be hoping for success.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Come back England Asian!!!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
The Green One said:
Don't be stupid you damn idiot.
:thumbsup:

Don't think the fans would be very impressed with that idea.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
i would like to know whether any community factor is involved, I mean if any team ( say the owls) draw their supports from any particular community ( catholic, Protestant etc.)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
if the clubs do decide to merge, what their shirts will be?

(Just trying to fill in for EA).

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
i can see him now in a darkened room stiching the two seperate shirts together like some demented rumplestiltskin

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
bartle said:
i would like to know whether any community factor is involved, I mean if any team ( say the owls) draw their supports from any particular community ( catholic, Protestant etc.)
I'm going on memory of something I was once told butI think, Wednesday is in the Owlton area of Sheffield (hence the nickname Owls) but that doesn't mean all their fans exclusively come from that area.

And Panicos it wouldn't work because of the fans, 100 plus years of rivalry, and then you want them to join together, who would the hooligans look forward to fighting???

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jimbo jones said:
And Panicos it wouldn't work because of the fans, 100 plus years of rivalry, and then you want them to join together, who would the hooligans look forward to fighting???
I know that the fans would not accept because of tradition, history and the main fact that they like to follow teams that have no chance of success.

These two cities are not massive, that is why they should look at uniting behind one team each.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bartle said:
The main Catholic / Protestan clubs in England are/were Man U / Man City and Everton / Liverpool.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
panicos said:
These two cities are not massive, that is why they should look at uniting behind one team each.
er there both big cities, I'm sure Sheffield is one of the biggest in the country.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
jimbo jones said:
er there both big cities, I'm sure Sheffield is one of the biggest in the country.
Sheffield is the 4th biggest city in this country, Bristol is 8th

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
See, I knew it :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts