Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell are Juve 8 points clear at the top of the italian league?

I know Arsenal is a great team but what i saw from Juve yesterday
was nothing short of embarrasing.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:howler: :howler: :howler:

Post of the year Rob Edwards :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
It is very hasty and wrong to judge a team's ability on one game in the year.

They played a tough game vs. Roma a couple of days before Arsenal, while Arsenal rested, plus they were missing Del Piero and Nedved, who are the most creative players they have (apart from Zlatan), so you cannot overlook that.

It is not easy juggling the scudetto race and the CL, and Juventus proved that yesterday by playing terribly and looking tired and slow.

However, that does not make them a terrible team, they just played bad and Arsenal was brilliant all-around.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Their crisis started, every team has a crisis through a season (too bad we had it when we played benfica :( )

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dekalog said:
It is very hasty and wrong to judge a team's ability on one game in the year.

The most important game of their season if you ask me.
They looked pretty awfull against lowly Werder bremen too.
lets not even remember their last year performance against Liverpool last year.

In Europe where they cant bribe the officials
They suck period. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
OK, I hate Juve as much as anyone, but explaining everything with the refs is just wrong. This year they have gotten relatively little help by them.

Simply put, Juve under Capello are built to win league titles. Solid, not flashy, but ridiculously consistent and always ready to exploit the mistakes of the opposition. They don't create much, but they rely on one moment of briliance from their stars or one mistake by the opposition for another boring 1:0 win and they are excellent at that.

Also a very important thing to mention is that as usual with Capello's teams, Juve this year started the season in top physical form which enabled them to overpower most opponents physically. But ever since New Year their fitness levels are getting worse, Capello's extreme reluctance to rotate the tema takes its toll and that clkearly showed in the second half last night when Juve couldn't keep up with Arsenal's pace at all.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Alter Ego said:
The most important game of their season if you ask me.
They looked pretty awfull against lowly Werder bremen too.
lets not even remember their last year performance against Liverpool last year.

In Europe where they cant bribe the officials
They suck period. :thmbdown:
They do generally play better in Italy than in Europe, but perhaps that is more a question of attitude, and not ability?

And it doesn't matter whether it's the important game of the season. It's still one game. You can't make assumptions on only one game.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I think calling Werder Bremen "lowly" is a quite insulting tbh.

Also Milan didn't look much better tonight especially after 30 minutes or so when they seemed just to park the bus, luckily for them Lyon lacked imagination. I think had Juninho been playing things may well have been very different.

As for Rob's original post, as others have already said: :howler: :howler: :howler:

It's funny because it's true.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Borruma II said:

Also Milan didn't look much better tonight especially after 30 minutes or so when they seemed just to park the bus, luckily for them Lyon lacked imagination. I think had Juninho been playing things may well have been very different.

As for Rob's original post, as others have already said: :howler: :howler: :howler:

In showing my respect towards the thread ;) may I be allowed to add that if Juninho would have been of the match, play would possibly have opened up. What would have happened is anybodies guess :)

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Borruma II said:

Name me one real chance Lyon had this evening. ONE :)

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
the reason for their lack of success in europe is that FABIO CAPELLO IS STILL LIVING IN THE 20TH CENTURY whilst others have moved on......see when the cl started in this format in 1999-00 the spanish teams were very successful as they played all out attackin football and italian teams still went away from home with a negative approach and when they played at home they went all out to attack and started conceding goals at home and thus got eliminated [milan 2-2 galatasaray,milan1-1depor,lazio2-2 real madrid,lazio1-3nantes,juve1-3panathinaikos etc.]....so after 3 seasons playing with this mentality carlo ancelotti decided to bring players like rivaldo, seedorf,tomasson to his team and they played well on the break away from home and were not negative away from home whilst keeping things tight at home but still being +ve and they got success in the cl.......at the same time capello was coachin roma and he still went away from home with -ve approach and tried to make up at home [as roma1-3 arsenal,roma1-2 real madrid,roma 0-3 real madrid,roma0-1 valencia] whilst away from home he didnt fare much better either....so nowadays we see more and more teams winning away from home because they work very hard to create quick moves on the counter and catch teams out[arse0-3inter,newcastle1-4inter, ajax 0-1 milan,fenerbahce 0-4 milan,bjk 0-2 lazio] but capello still doesnt see that instead in all away games juve try to come back with narrow defeats and think they have attained a great result [real 1-0 juve,liverpool 2-1juve,arse 2-0 juve,bayern 2-1 juve,]..........when in 2000-01 ancelotti was coach of juve he had same -ve tactics as capello and juve were eliminated in 1st grp. stage but he changed his style when he came to milan as he saw that the 20th century was over but capello hasnt.....so i feel he shud be more +ve away from home and be attacking rather then settle for 0-1 away from home as he seemed to yesterday night

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Cuz Juventus are a great team who play great catenaccio, hats off to them.....they can really win big when its all defensive

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
The easiest explanation is that Juventus has no equal in getting the results against the teams from the lower two-thirds of the table, they hardly ever allow surprises (the refs help but not as much as people tend to believe). Also they don't rotate their players much and as a result a lot of them are not exactly in top physical condition.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Forgive me Juventinos, twas only a gag.

And yeah, Juve in Serie A are like Chelsea in England in that they're very good at griding results out against bottom half of the table teams whereas your Milans and Arsenals are more prone to slipping up in smaller games.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
The last two posts hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Demandred's post was spot on really and I cant say anything differently from that.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
juve have been the most consistent team this year, thats why theyre top of the league. its ONE BAD GAME, dont get me wrong they were very poor last night but still, its just one game

1 - 20 of 22 Posts