Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the last 10 minutes of the Madrid vs Munchen match. And to my surprise Raúl was allowed to elbow an defender in the face and to continue playing, when girly Guti scored....

Now my questions are: Why isn't this discusses anywhere? Not even in some match reports I have read. Did I see it wrong? Wasn't it a foul? Shouldn't the referee have given Munchen a free kick? Or did the Munchen players and supporters feel that the match was lost already, because Madrid were so much better?

greetings

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Well, in honesty when it first happen it wasn't clear. It looked like a normal two-players going for the ball scuffle. Only the replay showed the actual situation (and i doubt Raul meant it, he doesn't have a history of such actions).

However, considering that a) 1-0 was enough for us already, and if Bayern scored against 1-0 or 2-0 it would have saved them (2-1 meant extra time, so there wasn't lack of motivation for them not to score even at 2-0), it didn't have that much significance.

b) Solari had a clear PK not called, which unsurprisingly you neglect to mention Leon, very disappointed in that. :rolleyes:

c) We truly outplayed Bayern in this fixture and the Bayern fans have shown grace in defeat. I truly applaude them in that. :star:

I hope your not lobbying at ref conspiracies in Europe now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vampire, in my message I mentioned that Madrid were superior, so no debate about it... I was just wondering you know...

I said I only watched the last 10 mins, with an half eye on the Depor match :depress: I didn't see the Solari action, but that wasn't also my question...

Furthermore, I also don't think that Raúl did it on purpose. No way. But was dubious to use the advantage, but most players would have dont it I think..

Anyway, the goal should have been disallowed, no discussion about it.

gr,
Leon

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Leon_H said:

Anyway, the goal should have been disallowed, no discussion about it.
Doesn't matter, 1-0 was enough. EOD.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It DID... Bayern scoring 2-1 or 1-1 would have been very different.... but let's debate in private oke? It's getting a yes or no discussion here...

greetings

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Well, Vamp, whatever you say doesn't mean the goal was legal, so no need to mention what had been at 1-0 or 2-0, the goal was illegal and that was the question.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It WOULD have made a huge difference if it had been 1-0 in the last 5 minutes, trust me. But anyway, the game is over and Real are through. I agree with Frank, the question was about the alleged free kick/goal and not some other incident in the game.
That was clearly a foul in Linke, even though Raul might not have intended the way it happened. I was as surprised as you were that it was not mentioned at any report. Oh, well, we did not deserve to win that game, end of the story.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Well, It was good to see that the Bayern team didn't make big issues about the Linke or the Brazzo incidents, because they were just match incidents. As i said, Solari had a very legitimate PK call as well.

Once again, i respect the manner most Bayern players/fans took the defeat in grace. :star:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I respect that way too... but I only wondered if I was wrong about the goal.

Furthermore, praise who should be praised. Real Madrid on their way to win the CL...

gr

·
Registered
315 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
Once again, i respect the manner most Bayern players/fans took the defeat in grace. :star:
Yeah we know that! Well, we are are not MAN U fans after all :D

It surprises me though that when we beat Real and MAN U home and away last season, MANY, and I mean almost everyone, did not acknowledge our achievement in a respectful manner. We were called lucky among other names....

Anyway, good luck in the next phase.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Leon_H said:
Furthermore, praise who should be praised. Real Madrid on their way to win the CL...

gr
Consider this one of the few times i hope that you are right Leon! ;) :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts