Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the time to transalte this editorial by Telelombardia journalist Gianluca Rossi.

What I really can not accept with Inter is, that once an unexpected defeat comes, it has to go on forever. Inter lost the derby, period. But no, paradoxally, the worst always comes in the following days when the effect of the defeat is supposed to wane. At Inter, however, a defeat can last a whole week fueled by, voices, behind-the-scenes action, denials and poison. So Adriano, relegated to the bench, almost went mano-a-mano with the usual do-nothing fan who told him to go to Real and Recoba refused the bench in Emre's place in case Veron bailed out in the last minute. In fact, Chino spent the derby at home wanting to be close to his son Jeremia, downed by the flu. And then, there is the dissatisfaction of Davids who, in the face of no small number of exclusions, behaves like a model professional and evades any dangerous statements. Still, it is absurd that every defeat has to provoke rumours that last the whole following week. Blaming the press is convenient, but it is also the players who must realize that the bench or not being called-up is not the end of the world.

There are also people who say that Mancini is subtle as a sledge-hammer when it comes to explaining his choices, but then again for years it was said repeatedly that Inter needs a "hardman" on the bench, one that does not yield to anyone. Also the idea that Mancini is closer to his pupils Mihajlovic, Stankovic, Favalli, Vieri and Veron then to others has been around for quite a while. I find it completely apprehensible that a coach coming to a new team wants people around him that he has absolute confidence in. This happens in all professions, not just football. And we are not all equal, nor is every man equal. Adriano is not Karagounis, just like Materazzi is not Gamarra. There were always hierarchies and there will always be. They can be modified but not ignored. And it's strange that one should think that of Mancini, whose career is a living example that champions are not like other players. To Boskov, Mancio was never like Fausto Pari, nor was he the same as Dario Marcolin to Eriksson.

And at the end of a difficult season, here's Sinisa Mihajlovic, one of those considered to be best buds to the coach. "I have to work twice as hard as others in order to dispell all those absurd suspicions." said Mihajlovic. Mihajlovic, who never speaks in cliches, in fact went a step futher: he warned Adriano to wake up because the bench never killed anybody and above all stated that not everyone believed in Mancini's project. If we are to be a bit nasty we could say that the atmosphere, other then the team-mates, could be influenced by a director. But it is deja vu at Inter. If some people at the club do not go in the same way the owner does or do not support his choices it is natural that defeats will be harder to digest every time.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
There are some dirty things in this world and one of those are BS journalists.

Recoba choose not the be on the bench in the Milan derby? BS. Just like he didn't choose to be on the bench against Porto? Just like he was pissed off when he wasn't on the bench against Siena earlier in the year? Just like he has spent his ass on the bench many times in the last 8 years and so many times this season coming off the bench and bailing out Mancini when he gives in and puts him on now this conspiracy coming around acting like he is causing the trouble and Mancini would play him and Adriano BS. Topscorer Adriano was on the bench because of Mancini, Recoba and Davids were in the stands because of Mancini.

Theres no 2 ways about it. F*ck Mr Gianluca Rossi.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Faisal said:
There are some dirty things in this world and one of those are BS journalists.

Recoba choose not the be on the bench in the Milan derby? BS. Just like he didn't choose to be on the bench against Porto? Just like he was pissed off when he wasn't on the bench against Siena earlier in the year? Just like he has spent his ass on the bench many times in the last 8 years and so many times this season coming off the bench and bailing out Mancini when he gives in and puts him on now this conspiracy coming around acting like he is causing the trouble and Mancini would play him and Adriano BS. Topscorer Adriano was on the bench because of Mancini, Recoba and Davids were in the stands because of Mancini.

Theres no 2 ways about it. F*ck Mr Gianluca Rossi.
I believe you grossly misunderstood this article.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
If he was with his son why didn't anyone come out and say it like they do with every other player. Until I hear otherwise Recoba wasn't on the bench because Mancini didn't pick him for the bench. Just like he didn't against Porto and other games this season. Same for Davids.

I misunderstood abit of the article but its all the same really, Bringing up claims without proof.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, maybe, just maybe, since GL Rossi is in the heart of things, he is a tad bit better informed then you are.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
i heard that this guy is a good friend to mancini, mancini didn't even consider putting recoba in the bench and he wants to blame him for that by using his friends in the press what a hypocrite

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
This is not a consipracy. Rossi is a very good jounralist and he's one of the few that I actually respect and have heard of , as he was featured in the NY Times once when they did a feature on the Serie A>

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Ok so this doesn't explain the game against Porto or Siena? Man for me this just sounds like excuses. What about Davids? What about Adriano on the bench?

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2T, it's Franco Rossi you are talking about. This is Gianluca Rossi.

Anyway, you are again missing the point of this editorial. He is not trying to justify or criticize Mancini. What he is trying to say is that after every defeat there are rumours of bust-ups, incidents, transfer requests etc. and that sometimes it is more difficult to bear then the defeat itself. He makes no comment about Mancini's choices.

In any case, here is a cartoon that acompanied the editorial:

Caption translation: "Nando, I really don't get it...Nobody wants to sit on the bench. How come?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts