Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of them needs to get dropped. As we know already, our defense and midfield is a travesty, while our forward line carries tons of flair and creativity, so we must compensate. We look great going forward with Mata, Villa, Silva and Joaquin, all linking up great, but in transition is where the problem is, while they do alot of hustling, they do not contribute much in our third, consequently, we get exposed left, right and center. In terms of quality, man for man, the defense is average, let alone tactically, we must drop one of our forward players, to the center of midfield, to help ease the pain of the defensive line.

Take some examples - During the start of the season, when Silva was absent, we often played with an extra midfielder in the center, or Angulo, who was ineffectively playing like a midfielder. We achieved great results, at Valladolid, Malaga, Sevilla, Getafe etc.

Also, look at Sevilla, a similar team that play a similar-ish style to us, and have similar-ish type players, they have achieved there best results, when one of Fabiano or Kanoute, were injured and played three of Duscher, Renato, Romaric, Maresca or Fazio in the center, and at one stage conceded the least amount of goals in Liga.

If we want to make the CL, next season, we need to make some changes, Emery has been saying, defensive play needs to be addressed, defensive play needs to be addressed, but nothing is changing, we are looking, like the same for the last three months at the back. Since it's not looking different, the only way we can fix this problem, is to play more defensive minded players...

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Mata is the one of those three that works most in defense, if you don't believe me well check out several games and the best example is the CdR semi when he helped Moretti ALOT in erasing Messí out of the game.

I doubt that dropping one of these would help so much though, look on how Villarreal is playing now and they're being really good with an attacking formation that would be bizarre for many others. It's with a midfield with Senna as the only DM and then we have Santi, Cani and Pires. On the striking force they have Rossi and Llorente.

I would just say that our defence without Alexis is a mess in whole, the central midfield has problems in connecting with the defenders etc.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
I said this before, we should revert back to 4-3-3.

I'd drop Silva personally, Silva The Magician has been using his disappearing acts in games again.

Also remember how we dominated Real @ the Bernabeu with 4-3-3.

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
no drop no one.. while Baraja and Albelda are still in the valencia no link will happen and the new midfielders will just be a waste of money.. even if u sign Frank Lampard.. Baraja will bench em .. :S

·
Honorable Mention, December 2010 Photo Contest
15,405 Posts
Mata is the one of those three that works most in defense, if you don't believe me well check out several games and the best example is the CdR semi when he helped Moretti ALOT in erasing Messí out of the game.
etc.
Are you accusing someone at Valencia of playing defense? :dielaugh: :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sell Silva. We were fine without him in the beginning of the season and he's not making much of a difference for us now. He's replaceable and we can get good amount of money from his transfer. We can use it to pay the wages of our other players.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I doubt that dropping one of these would help so much though, look on how Villarreal is playing now and they're being really good with an attacking formation that would be bizarre for many others. It's with a midfield with Senna as the only DM and then we have Santi, Cani and Pires. On the striking force they have Rossi and Llorente.
Even though Senna hasn't had the best season, his still a presence in there, that we do not have anymore, that demands authority. Eguren is ok too. They did also hit a tough patch, when Senna was missing, but now have recuperated slightly.

I would just say that our defence without Alexis is a mess in whole, the central midfield has problems in connecting with the defenders etc.
It is, Alexis had an ok, comeback game, Lassad fúcked him abit. Still, he is a key part of the defense, that is still poor with him, the only way we can temporarily fix it is, to clog up the midfield, drop Silva or Mata, occasionally.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sell Silva. We were fine without him in the beginning of the season and he's not making much of a difference for us now. He's replaceable and we can get good amount of money from his transfer. We can use it to pay the wages of our other players.
Calm down, brew. Silva is vital and is keeping us ticking, we need him in there, in most games. Bar, his Man of the Match performance in his comeback, game he hasn't been the best, but he has assisted the majority of our goals, you can expect a slightly better overall performance, but that's pushing it. The kid is class, and must stay at the club, his quality can't be doubted.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We owe 15 million euros already. Selling Silva would pay wages for 2 months. Big deal...
We need an influx of cash, i'd like for the club to stay Spanish based like nearly all the Spanish's club, but i'd take anyone now...

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
I still think our central midfield is the main key. Baraja still can be good at times but he's too slow nowadays and should be used in rotation. Albelda shouldn't even be in Valencia anymore. Edú is too injury prone which is sad because he was really good before he injured himself.

I'd wait for Moretti - Alexis - Albiol - Miguel to come back, it's not the best at all but still, it's out best defence.

I would like to play Michel though, he seems alot more hardworking than the others and could help the midfield alot. Problem is that Unai never seems to give him a chance which is damn sad. I think it's only 2 games from start and that was in the cup.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still think our central midfield is the main key. Baraja still can be good at times but he's too slow nowadays and should be used in rotation. Albelda shouldn't even be in Valencia anymore. Edú is too injury prone which is sad because he was really good before he injured himself.
Edú, what a fúcking shame, very classy player and person, he would be very useful.

Personally, at this stage, i'd play;

Renan
Miguel - Albiol - Alexis - Moretti
Marchena
Manelelé - Baraja
Joaquín - Villa - Silva​

Drop Mata; He has still been good, despite not putting up insane numbers like earlier in the season, i'd take more defensive stability.

I would like to play Michel though, he seems alot more hardworking than the others and could help the midfield alot. Problem is that Unai never seems to give him a chance which is damn sad. I think it's only 2 games from start and that was in the cup.
Why not? More appearances of the bench to start, he is homegrown, and will try alot harder, plus has got to prove himself. And yeah, like you say, is it ironic that he is in the squad when Albelda is missing :rolleyes:

·
All For You
1,289 Posts
well first off for me os to drop off dead roots like abelda, baraja and the likes of curro torres..or at least we must cut their salaries

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
BURN THE DEAD WOOD IN THIS CLUB NOW

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
well first off for me os to drop off dead roots like abelda, baraja and the likes of curro torres..or at least we must cut their salaries
Drop Baraja?
I agree not to start him but he's an important leader and we can still thank his performance former season for letting us survive and win the cup.

·
All For You
1,289 Posts
do u think we have too many players? how much wages do curro, viana, edu, angulo, abelda and the shit-a-like get?if we get rid of them maybe their total wages can pay silva and villa's wage.then their positions are replaced by our youngsters like michel and lomban

yeah, that's extreme i know

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Baraja can actually still be really decent at times, but Albelda haven't had a good game in ages. It's not easy to buy new players when you've got no money, but it's important to have a good scouting section who will do their job to improve the club.

As for the whole team, they're too much up and down during games, this is also something that hurts the whole team. You have guys like Albiol who can be really good in some games, but then make easy misstakes in others, the biggest problem is that he's way too inconsistent during games. Alexis just came back from a big injury, Marchena is just awful while Manuel Fernandes does a decent in almost every game.

The only players that's really consistent as they should be are Villa and perhaps Silva, even Joaquín has been great during big parts of the season. Mata have actually been struggling as of late.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts