Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The impending arrival of Shabani Nonda in Monaco should seal the fate of David Trezeguet, with the French international claiming that the Principality club are lacking in ambition.
Rennes forward Nonda is due to undergo a medical on Friday, before putting pen-to-paper on a £95,000-per-month contract – a move that could signal Trezeguet’s departure to Juventus.

The arrival of Nonda has failed to impress Trezeguet, who said: "When I read that Monaco want to pay £14 million for Nonda, it means that they don’t want me to stay.

"There is nothing more to say. Monaco do not have the same ambition as last year. I think it is now best for me to leave and progress."

Juve were said to be considering a swoop for Real Madrid’s Nicoals Anelka, but they have instead decided to move for Trezeguet.

Trezeguet went on to speak of the Old Lady, saying: "I know Juventus are a great club and I would be extremely happy to wear the shirt of the Bianconeri."

He also claimed that he is prepared to take part in a rotation system, saying: "I know how Juve play and they tend to rotate all their squad, but that is not important.

"What is important is that I become part of a group that has tremendous ambition and enable you to play at the highest level."

Trezeguet finished by claiming that his mind is firmly on Euro 2000 and nothing would be finalised until the completion of the tournament.

"I will not speak on a transfer until after Euro 2000," he added. "For the moment I am concentrating on the competition."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts