Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm calling your attention to an exercise I will start perhaps today or later on this week.

I will select a formation and all of you will propose the best line-up for it. Since some formations require different players, maybe it can shed some light on who would be useful in the squad of 23. We will also have a short time to discuss and compare.

I hope to have more than 2-3 participants everytime, so be ready.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
So the first formation is...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Buffon

Cassani Bonucci Chiellini Grosso

Pirlo De Rossi Aquilani

Candreva

Iaquinta Gilardino

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to state the rules:

No Cassano, no Totti, no Nesta, no Miccoli, no Balotelli.

Have fun. :)

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buffon

Cassani Bonucci Chiellini Grosso

Pirlo De Rossi Aquilani

Candreva

Iaquinta Gilardino
one thing that come to my mind:

weak outside mids defensively, in 4-3-1-2, it is useful having midfielders that can cover ground on the sides to help the fullbacks. but it probably is the best we can do...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I wouldn't play 4312 that's just what I'd do if we did

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
camelface, are you sure you can handle the task you have created for yourself? 81 days left for WC. 81 formations :tongue:

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4-3-1-2

Buffon

Santon---Bonucci---Chiellini---Criscito

Aquilani---De rossi---Marchisio

Pirlo

Gilardino-----Iaquinta

everyone else should post, let's go

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Maybe we should switch back to a more defensive formation, and field only one striker, with a stacked midfield.

4-1-4-1??

Though Camel's formation looks good.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will get there my boy after watching Inter, don't worry. I didn't start with this one by preference.

Grosso was shit today, and Cannavaro great in 1st half, missed the 2nd.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Canna was excellent the whole game actually. Legro was ok too, but they had Chimenti in goal :D Grosso is expected to do too much, if we expect him to do that for Italy we will suck, but luckily we also have Pirlo who can control the game somewhat and releases Grosso on the wing at the right time and we wouldnt expect Grosso to dribbe the wing on his own. For that reason I would swap Pirlo and Candreva in my line-up ;)

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can't actually want Candreva in midfield mate... He is awful there. Even Gattuso, Montolivo or Camoranesi are better choices.

Grosso didn't only suffer going forward, he was awful in all facets. Didn't do one good thing all game including defensively. I'm really disspointed with him and I'm sure Criscito would have provided a little more energy and defensive stability. Basically Cassano was bad today but was still able to get the ball often in the full-back's space because they were so poor. Pazzini too of all people.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
4-3-1-2

Buffon

Santon---Bonucci---Chiellini---Criscito

Aquilani---De rossi---Marchisio

Pirlo

Gilardino-----Iaquinta

everyone else should post, let's go

i like it...maybe almost best XI at this moment.

but gila-cassano or balotelli-cassano more good:pp

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cassano doesn't impress me. Today he was bad. He scored a goal but wasn't top level at all. He wouldn't help Italy.

I probably switch Cannavaro for Bonucci. Cannavaro still has a few good tackles left in him as shown today.

The 4-3-1-2 would only work with Pirlo as AMC, with him coming back in midfield among the other 3 to defend. Other than that, I have my worries with top 2, who are great whiners but not convinced on them yet. Borriello complains less, we will see who is in form....

Also I would use Gattuso if my midfield proved to be a little weak.

Stephan I would like to see you post yours too. We've only had 2 formations this day, not enough. Tomorrow a new one....

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I hope Iaquinta improves as the games go on because against Samp he seemed way too rusty.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts