Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
46,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... there were two Italian clubs playing the final of Champions League. The score after 120 minutes was 0-0 and there were people saying: "never more a final between two Italian clubs".
Now what should we say after the first beautiful semifinal between Chelsea and Liverpool? :tongue:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
You read my mind. If it had been Italian teams playin this place would be filled with people wanting eg. Ancelotti's, Mancini's Capello's heads on a stick for ruining fotball with their anti-style.

Interesting to see who's got double standars and who doesn't.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
WE all know Paratrooopa has double standards. One day after claiming Milan playing defensively was tactics, he called this game a boring EPL fixture.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Let's rename this thread to

CHRISTMAS TREE FORMATION = ANOTHER NAME FOR ANTIFOOTBALL?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
LOL....never knew that one would come up

Bundesliga-More boring than MLS

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
LOL Brilliant job ToniSamp, my thoughts exactly.

At least we play out the 0-0 draws with style. :shades:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I personally liked how they played like little 5 year olds for a bit of the match where 7 players would go after the same ball, and it would just pop out of some deflection.

I also loved the announcers saying how tactical the game was, but not boring, which it was ...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
ToniSamp said:
... there were two Italian clubs playing the final of Champions League. The score after 120 minutes was 0-0 and there were people saying: "never more a final between two Italian clubs".
Now what should we say after the first beautiful semifinal between Chelsea and Liverpool? :tongue:
Liverpool-Chelsea was a better match actually. And again if anyone here have problems with Liverpool, EPL or I don't care what JUST DON'T WATCH. I couldn't care less about the Milan-PSV match last night and I didn't even bother looking at the highlights, so why can't you do the same? :)

Guess people just won't stop their lack of credit to Liverpool, which is fine by me because the more people hate us the more success we seem to have. ;)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Michael said:
I personally liked how they played like little 5 year olds for a bit of the match where 7 players would go after the same ball, and it would just pop out of some deflection.
I also loved all those sloppy passes even though the pace of the game was slower than the EPL.

I also loved the announcers saying how tactical the game was, but not boring, which it was ...
If you were unfortunate enough as me to listen to the dunderhead Irishman Tommy Smith, then you almost wanted to turn the mute on. The problem is the mute will eliminate the sounds of the Bridge, so we had to listen to that idiot's commentary.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Andy said:
LOL Brilliant job ToniSamp, my thoughts exactly.

At least we play out the 0-0 draws with style. :shades:

Yes indeed a very stylish 0-0 draw it was 2 weeks ago. :)

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Yup, boring game, way too continental style. Liverpool wanted a draw and got it.

Second leg should be good though.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Well there wasn't 120 minutes of crap to watch, just 90. I didn't have to sit and shout at the TV about Dida being a cheating cvnt during the shootout either. ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well at least Milan's crap has a good name

the christmas tree

this shit doesn't provide any entertainment at all, call it like winged formation or something

·
Registered
63,321 Posts
That game was horrendous, especially the second half which was a disgrace to say the very least. Not only that both sides lacked creativity and ideas upfront but they didn't even get their passing right. They even struggled to make the simple 5 meter passes in midfield... :lala: There were like 57664 missed passes tonight.

I think that 80% of the game was played in the middle third of the pitch. I'd understand why Liverpool were that conservative but Chelsea were awful, plain and simple. Drogba, Gudjohnsen, Kezman and Robben all did next to nothing. Duff's absence hurt their overall play as well.

That has got to be the worst UCL semifinal in years. :thmbdown:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
To me, the first half, when compared to the Juve-Milan final, was like watching Brazil-Argentina. Second half was equally boring.. but that's just me!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts