Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The season won't finish in May. After the end of the official season, Barça will travel to Japan from June 10th to 15th to play 2 friendly matches against the current Japanese champion, Yokohama Marinos, and a second one against one of these teams: Kashima Antlers, FC Tokyo, Urawa Red or Tokyo Verdy. The decision depends on the Japanese FA and the J-League.

Ronaldinho, Marquez and Edmilson could miss this Tour, if they are called by their NTs.

The amounts of these Tour wern't revealed.

It seems that the pre-season will be done in Denmark, in the city of Aaarhus, although this is not confirmed yet. After the summer stage, they'll probably do another Tour and there are 2 options: The US and Mexico or China.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Will the players not be a little tired in the beginning of the official season already then ??

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Probably, but more important is the asian fan potential and the market related to this ;) After all it's only friendlies they play, so I suppose it's gonna be like a school-trip or holidays for the players with a little bit of football within ;)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I hope that they come to the USA again, last time it was great, even got a shirt signed by Ronaldinho.

I did hear that the company that was organizing the tours in the US has gone bankrupt, so the tours that they have done the last couple of years might not happen again.

This thing about going far on marketing trips is now a fact of life, I guess.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Barcelona used to come to Holland in the summer alot (when Cruijff and Van Gaal were managers), but nowadays not anymore, because its all about money nowadays..

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
I hope they come to the US again, though China could be the best option as it'd expose us in that market more.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
.BLAUGRANA. said:
I hope they come to the US again, though China could be the best option as it'd expose us in that market more.
Urh... wrong. If you remember last year Barca visited the mainland, you get that the stadium was not even half due to problems in pricing and organization. Japan is far better as a market. In Asia, except for Japan, other markets don't welcome teams without DB. :D Brazil NT last month in HK didn't make an impact.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
Urh... wrong. If you remember last year Barca visited the mainland, you get that the stadium was not even half due to problems in pricing and organization. Japan is far better as a market. In Asia, except for Japan, other markets don't welcome teams without DB. :D Brazil NT last month in HK didn't make an impact.
You mean China? Urh, wrong, no we didn't go to China. We went to Japan and South Korea. RM went to China. I'm not talking about immediate impact either. I'm talking about how an appearance can be the start of getting new supporters that last some time as well as generate interest in watching the matches on television hopefully helping to secure future TV deals.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Pictures in CN

Italian football like MIlan have the biggest share in CN followed by Madrid and MUFC. This is the result conducted lately. This didn't change a lot after Barca's visit. TV deals? Again timing is a problem. I guess only true Liga fans would wake up in the midnight. Star followers would never. Disgusting or not, the fact is DB alone made HK TV boardcast Liga regularly when he arrived in Madrid. Stars are important in all aspects in Asia except for Japan. In this sense, even Ronaldinho doesn't have the stardom of DB. (See the case in HK.) JP should be the best for Barca. Barca have heavy linkage with JP. Captain Tsubasa as the most successful comic has official link with the club. The club has stores there too. I'm not clear about football boardcasting in JP though.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
Pictures in CN

Italian football like MIlan have the biggest share in CN followed by Madrid and MUFC. This is the result conducted lately. This didn't change a lot after Barca's visit. TV deals? Again timing is a problem. I guess only true Liga fans would wake up in the midnight. Star followers would never. Disgusting or not, the fact is DB alone made HK TV boardcast Liga regularly when he arrived in Madrid. Stars are important in all aspects in Asia except for Japan. In this sense, even Ronaldinho doesn't have the stardom of DB. (See the case in HK.) JP should be the best for Barca. Barca have heavy linkage with JP. Captain Tsubasa as the most successful comic has official link with the club. The club has stores there too. I'm not clear about football boardcasting in JP though.
I agree with much of what you're saying, but Barça didn't visit China. We went to Japan and South Korea, not China.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
.BLAUGRANA. said:
I agree with much of what you're saying, but Barça didn't visit China. We went to Japan and South Korea, not China.
Yeah they did man... remember? They played the Shanghai XI? And they had the big Barça logo on the side of that highrise... And Ivan Helguera is right about the stadium being almost empty because the tickets were too expensive, and the advertising sucked.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
zyad said:
Yeah they did man... remember? They played the Shanghai XI? And they had the big Barça logo on the side of that highrise... And Ivan Helguera is right about the stadium being almost empty because the tickets were too expensive, and the advertising sucked.
Really? Damn. Sorry IH. I guess I've completely forgot about that one. Must be getting too old. :moan:

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
zyad said:
OI! I haven't had a drop for nearly two weeks! No :drunk: tonight either.

OK, is this right? Didn't the China match get added at the last minute? Wasn't it originally just Japan and S Korea? Anyway, you've refreshed my memory. :tongue:

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
.BLAUGRANA. said:
OI! I haven't had a drop for nearly two weeks! No :drunk: tonight either.

OK, is this right? Didn't the China match get added at the last minute? Wasn't it originally just Japan and S Korea? Anyway, you've refreshed my memory. :tongue:

No fag, it was planned 5 years in advance...

(Hahahaha I'm feeling like an asshole tonight! Nobody around here, so I don't have to act like a FM!) :thumbsup:

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
zyad said:
No fag, it was planned 5 years in advance...
I'll assume sarcasm, jerkoff. :finger:

Hey, you like the Iron Sheik seeing as how you're probably cousins? :dazed: :tongue:

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
zyad said:
(Hahahaha I'm feeling like an asshole tonight! Nobody around here, so I don't have to act like a FM!) :thumbsup:
False, stallboy! I'm in great editing- deleting mood right now. :pp

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
.BLAUGRANA. said:
I'll assume sarcasm, jerkoff. :finger:

Hey, you like the Iron Sheik seeing as how you're probably cousins? :dazed: :tongue:

I'm not Persian, bitch!

:tongue:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts