Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about your favourie fluke goal?

The Barnes effort at the Dell mentioned by SG earlier was a personal favourite too.

There was also one from Macca v Spurs at White Hart Lane. Bobbled in off the turf.

Any other from the older days (60s, 70s, early 80s)???

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I'm too young for the old stuff so will say the obvious Collymore versus Blackburn.

T

·
0 Posts
Yes, that Collymore effort is also my favourite. And the funny part was that Collymore didn't even know that he'd scored! And that mistake probably spelt the end of Tim Flowers' England hopes...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remembered this one too.

Martin Tyler said: "Collymore was digusted with himself..."

McManaman LOOKED digusted when the shot went in slowly as Collymore ignored his run.

Suddenly it was in. My ex-girlfriend who was watching it with me had a good laugh, so do I... laid the foundations for a wild night I guess :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
The fluke goal that I remember most is the one that Whelan scored against us for the Mancs, I've never seen a sweeter chip over the top of Grobs! Pity it wasn't at the other end though, but that is the one that sticks in my mind. He was about 35 yards out and chipped Grobs, unreal! I think it was around the 1988 or maybe a little later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts