Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
THE
14,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since it's not excatly transfer talk but personal rant, I made separate topic.

I have had enought of him. He goes to the same category as Gallas or Robben.

If you want to play with JM, we'd understand that, just make a clear statement to club. But what he does now, is spoiled diva attedude and that's unacceptable.
Reject inter's bid few more times and then sell him.

·
THE
14,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't consider £127 000 per week playing for free excatly and what is it with "I have 5 year contract but for the 3 years I negotiate for teh next one?"
5 years and £27 million or so is a bit too insane.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Frank has shown loyalty to Chelsea. It's the club that has not returned the favor. I am actually hoping he leaves and somehow Inter face Chelsea in the Champions League and Frank scores the winning goal. I'm so frustrated with Mr. MoneyBags and his buying and selling players.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Frank has shown loyalty to Chelsea. It's the club that has not returned the favor. I am actually hoping he leaves and somehow Inter face Chelsea in the Champions League and Frank scores the winning goal. I'm so frustrated with Mr. MoneyBags and his buying and selling players.
This just shows that you support a player rather than the club. Great.

However, if other players, no naming here get around 130 thousand, why shouldn't Lampard? They started with this, now they should get used to it, pay him or release him.

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
However, if other players, no naming here get around 130 thousand, why shouldn't Lampard? They started with this, now they should get used to it, pay him or release him.
Exactly.

I am positive Lampard would be happy to get under 100 thousand, but NOT if a gaggle of other players are getting more money. He simply wants what the others are getting.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Exactly.

I am positive Lampard would be happy to get under 100 thousand, but NOT if a gaggle of other players are getting more money.
He simply wants what the others are getting.

Right, for me I think that JT, Lamps and Cech should all have the biggest value at the club. Lampard is getting to that age, but look at Ballack, Lamps IMO should be making as much as him.......

·
THE
14,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exactly.

I am positive Lampard would be happy to get under 100 thousand, but NOT if a gaggle of other players are getting more money. He simply wants what the others are getting.
He wants way more. He is 30 and he hasn't been "the best" player for quite some seasons now. He is already getting way more what Inter is ever willing to offer him.
Every signal he is sending out is "I am here for teh money".

·
Premium Member
17,516 Posts
Can all of you going "club is not returning the favour to him" cut it off for a second...if what in the media is to be believed, Frank Lampard who is 30 yrs old, is asking for £150,000 a week for FIVE years....so I say if its really a choice between seeing him leave or paying a 35-yr old midfielder £150,000 per week (highest paid 35-yr old in the history of football) then good luck to him at inter.....

we stood by makelele at this age as he was performing still, and he will stay with us as a coach, so we dont leave players behind, but we should never enter into a 5yr contract with a 30yr old...a 3 yr deal is okay then possible extensions......

this is from the BBC which I trust most of the time......he wants £150,000 for 5 years and chelsea is offering Four!! now thats pure GREED......
--------------------------------------------------------------
Talks over a new deal for Lampard have been on-going for two years without success, and Chelsea face the prospect of the England international leaving for free next summer if the matter is not resolved.

You've got Inter claiming they've made a bid, Chelsea saying that they are not entering into discussions over a transfer and Lampard pretty much saying meet my terms," said BBC football correspondent Jonathan Legard.

"The Lampard team are not happy, they are frustrated. Lampard wants to stay - exactly as Scolari said in his press conference - but he would like a five-year deal and Chelsea are only offering four on, from what I gather, about £150,000-a-week.

"If Lampard feels that Chelsea won't meet his terms then perhaps he needs to look elsewhere and that is why Inter have come back again and are still confident they can get him to play for them next season under Jose Mourinho."

Scolari wants a "family" atmosphere in the squad
BBC 5 Live also reports that Chelsea insist there was no row between Lampard and chief executive Peter Kenyon at the Cobham training ground on Tuesday, despite reports to the contrary.

Despite Chelsea's insistence that they had not received an offer from Inter, the Italian club's president Massimo Moratti claims a bid was made.

"This is not true," said Moratti. "There was an offer and we confirm it. However, we don't want to create any big problems.

"They replied that they have no intention of negotiating, as was their right. Now we will see."

Lampard also has an option under Fifa rules to buy out the remaining 12 months of his contract.

Scolari has already signed Portugal midfielder Deco from Barcelona to join the Blues' already considerable midfield resources.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
In other words... he actually wants to leave.. and only something amazing can make him stay. But that might actually change some policies of Chelsea that can be a precdent to many unwanted problems.

Just like Manutd, who didnt want to sell, needs something big, a super deal to sell cRon.

Doubt Chelsea would accomodate the wishes, and therefore, Frank would move. The mid way is about telling Lampard to carry on running through the rest of his contract, while extendable during the year, as he wishes to. 'Hey see how new Boss Scolari works, and if everything is well, you can still sign the extension at your own time.'

He is not young, he would not spend another season looking, if his mind is set. While he should HINT it clearer, and Kenyon to give him the green light., so as not to look strange on both club and player.

·
THE
14,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's teh thing, we don't know what HE wants. Funnily enought i think that it's more about his agents and/ or mrs, who want more money and play the card that FL is Chelsea icon and gets whatever he wants. I reapeat, nobody would offer FL more money than chelsea so it really ridiculous "give me money or I go somewhere who gives me twice as less money".
and if he really wants to play with JM, well, there's teh buy out option.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
If one were to be in Lampard's shoes, the concern of an outright declaration might

1. Provoke Fans ?
2. If CFC decides not to sell, he is in for a bad time playing.?
3. If Inter backs off after declaration, with their own new purchases?
4. Being the initiator is often seen as a betrayer. Its better things can be done witout that.

As I said at the Inter forum, one or two more bids from Inter, then Lampard hinting at advature overseas, would help CFC to save face, as the club wouldnt sell an Icon easily. Then..... it will proceed. This Lampard-anger and all that are just mere formalities needed to be 'staged'

Intentions are perfectly known to all parties. Only thing is to LOOK GOOD at their own end.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
The contract Frank is demanding (according to the media) is ridiculous. If he doesn't accept the team policy in terms of contracts, sell him. We already have Deco and Ballack, and Frank is a great player, but nobody is more important than the club. The same goes for Drogba.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts

·
THE
14,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Look, there is no need to play some blame game nor make him a marter. The point is that ever since JM signed, people have been wating a clear message from FL. He is toying with 2 clubs and with fans an dthe usual outcome is that everybody is pissed off.
We should loan him to Greenland FC or something.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
The thing is, you cant exactly loan him out to greenland FC for something that he did not declare or say, as of now, right?

At this point, you dont know whether to love him or hate him. As you might only reserve-the-right to be angry in anticipation of a possible betrayal. While he always has the cards in his hands, leaving it to the 2 clubs to find a way through. If due to some unexpected circumstances and he stayed on, he can always stand up, look straight at the camera and say 'It never came across my mind to leave' with a straight face. They do it all the time.

Oriali said Lampard is interested. A no-comment from Lamps is a good hint.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Every signal he is sending out is "I am here for teh money".
That shameless bum, how dare he treat money as a priority when everyone else works for free.

If we didn't know any better we'd think that he's a professional or something! :greed:

Luckily no other Chelsea players are in it for the $$$$, no sir.

·
Premium Member
17,516 Posts
That shameless bum, how dare he treat money as a priority when everyone else works for free.

If we didn't know any better we'd think that he's a professional or something! :greed:

Luckily no other Chelsea players are in it for the $$$$, no sir.

so John Terry would go to real madrid if they offer him a higher salary? shows how little u know about chelsea...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.