Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how tough do we have a right to be when it comes to success of the national team?

By that, I mean, what do should we realistically expect, and if we dont, expect to see changes.

For example, top nations like England, Spain, etc, will surley change managers if they dont qualify. They will probably even change them if they are doing poorley some games into qualifiying and its not looking good. And also if they dont get far in big tournaments.

How tough can we be?

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I think if there isnt constant, visible improvement as time goes on, then changes should be made. This i think should apply to the smaller nations especially, like BiH. Coaches should be given time obviously, but if theres no improvements or the team are on a downward spiral, changes should be made before it gets worse, which is what happened with BiH.

·
Registered
36,122 Posts
BiH can dream of qualifying and getting 2nd or 3rd in the group should be considered a success given that you've missed every major tournament.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
for bosnia were sucking major balls rite now i meaan losing to hungary lol..Take evrybody out coaches, all the savez evrybody out andput ppl in that were coachin and in the savez during he 1990s

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Coming into this group on the form from the last qualis, I expected Bosna to qualify, really. But every single match is critical, so when the coach hands in his resignation, it should be accepted. However it wasnt, and now Bosnas chances have seemingly gone, as there was too much hesitation and not enough ruthlessness, considering major decisions.

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, lets stay on topic though..so, are you saying a BIH manager's job should be reviewed after every cycle (after every Euro or WC), no panic or judging before that date? If they dont make it after that, should they get the boot? or only if we finished below 3rd?

I want to see what you guys think our standard is, what should we expect?

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
We shouldnt have to much expectations when the people in savez choose coaches who fit them best and thats people they can control. Tell them who to put on the roster etc. Baka took alot of shit because of people who played for NT but had nothing to do there.

If they see a 0-1 loss against Spain as something good we should be happy with our 3rd and 4th spots....

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Realistically we should expect at least a top3 finish every qualifying cycle,but only if our best players play. Baka was long overdue to leave but the problem I have is with the savez,we changed coaches,players,ballboys but the assholes in the savez remain the constant every single qualifying cycle.I dont mind losing if its with our best players(Rahimic,Braco,Topic,Music,Barba..etc) I do have a problem when wer'e losing with the likes of (Kerkez,Mulina,Vasiljevic,Jakirevic,Sabic)

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BozniaN said:
We shouldnt have to much expectations when the people in savez choose coaches who fit them best and thats people they can control. Tell them who to put on the roster etc. Baka took alot of shit because of people who played for NT but had nothing to do there.

If they see a 0-1 loss against Spain as something good we should be happy with our 3rd and 4th spots....
forget about the savez..imagine that our FA is the same as everyone else's

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
With BiHs current roster, best possible line-up, taking into account home support and expected points total at home, BiH should be finishing behind the "big-two" teams in the group. But I feel you should be pushing the top teams in the group pretty hard, something thats not happening right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts