Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven

Liverpool host PSV Eindhoven hoping to build on the victory they secured in Matchday One of the Champions League.

The Reds got their Group D campaign off to a flier courtesy of a Steven Gerrard inspired 2-1 victory over Marseille and will be confident of making it two wins out of two against the Dutch outfit.

The last time the two sides met Liverpool cantered into the semi-finals of the competition after easing to a 4-0 aggregate success back in 06-07.

They also met earlier in the group stage that season when the Reds again came out on top.

Another home victory on this occasion will be the perfect result for Rafa and the boys, to ensure we head into a double header with Atletico Madrid in confident mood.​

·
Registered
23 Posts
Their central defense will take a bit to break down, but once we do, quite a few goals should follow. Keane gets on the board, we win by three or four. Ideally.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If Brechet plays, Liverpool could score early and win easily. If Salcido plays in centre with Marcellis PSV could hold it a bit longer. But I think PSV doesn't stand a chance. They are weaker than previous years and I those years Liverpool have beaten them too...

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
4-1

·
Registered
425 Posts
Anyone see Mascherano's Sky Sports Interview he sounds like rafa

Love that Guy

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i can`t wait for the game. psv will play for at least one point, they want to do a positive result after some defeats for them against the reds..

come on you reds.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i predict rafa may start with line-up

---------reina----------
arbelao-----carra---skrtel---aurelio
---------mascherano--------
kuyt--------gerrard---------babel
---------torres-------keane

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

---------reina----------
I rather he use reira on the left and either babel or pennant on the right. Time to give kyut a "break" and if it is a resounding success... then i have said enough. :pp

·
Registered
10,563 Posts

---------reina----------
id take kuyt out for reira

i hope Keane gets his first goal :hopeful:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Fabio Aurelio starts against PSV tonight as Rafa Benitez makes just one change from the side which beat Everton at the weekend. Listen to the game live online from 7.40pm BST.
The left-back replaces Andrea Dossena, while Javier Mascherano has to settle for a place on the bench after recovering from a calf strain.

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Gerrard, Alonso, Riera, Kuyt, Keane, Torres. Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Agger, Mascherano, Babel, Benayoun, Lucas.

Seems like rafa sticking with a winning formula rather than drastic chop and changes. Lets see how the boys perform tonite.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts