Xtratime Community banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I never thought we would overturn the deficit when we were 2 goals down. We never deserve to get anything from White Hart Lane cos we played terribly. Once or twice we could get something out of it, like in Yeovil or Chelsea, but not for long. Our lack of tactical plan, our lack of guts, our lack of creativity is sorely exposed. I can confidently say that we will lose to Tottemham even if they lack a few players, because we were simply poor. Biscan, once again, has to make a couple of mistakes every game, and that was the start of the nightmare. And when Postiga scored, I knew it is bad, cos if a striker of Postiga standards can score, it must be one of those strange days... The penalty claim was not in facour of us, but screw it, we need no penalty to draw level and get something out of it. Isn't it ironic that man to man, we were better than them, but we cry foul over a penalty claim that was turned down to draw level.:D

paw;)

·
International
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
paw:

Irony has become our middle name for the past four - five seasons.

And no, 2-0 down, we replaced defenders with defenders and we did not look the least like turning the game around.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
From the Official Homepage

The Reds lost the game 2-1 despite pulling a goal back in a frantic finale to the game and having a last-gasp penalty appeal turned down.

"In English football you have to expect even the best teams to drop their game," Houllier is reported to have told 4thegame.com. "Maybe we thought this would be a game when we could frustrate them until half time and then play better in the second half, because we always seem to have better second halves than first halves.

"I don't think we have a level of maturity at the moment to manage that in a game like this. You can do it in a game against a lower division team in the FA Cup, (That's right folks! We should play defend, frustrate and defend football against Lower Division teams) but when you have a game like this, in English football, you cannot say, 'Okay, we'll frustrate them for about an hour and then we'll hit them'. To me, even a bad Liverpool should have got something out of this game."

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Van-You summed it up well.And also, Im sorry you had to witness that.Sadly your points could go on all day theres that much wrong.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
In the end, you lost becuase of the defense. Why GH do not use the proven pair of HH is beyond me. :confused:

I must say that Heskey may very well work hard, but he is all to often to deep in the field. Maybe that is because he has been used as winger so often? He and Owen plays like two strangers either to close or to far away from each other.... very much like Biscan and Hyp.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I must say that Heskey may very well work hard, but he is all to often to deep in the field

IMO why Heskey is doing this is because he can see the weakness in the midfield and needs some STrong assistance...
IMO he is trying to get a feel of the ball,, unlike owen who is running around like a headless chicken...

thats my 2cents...;)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Simply awful performance and Biscan was badly exposed by the pace of Robbie Keane first then Helder Postiga. The man is a total liability and Henchoz must come into the centre for the Wolves match, with the fullbacks as they were at the end of the match on Saturday. Looking to improve our game for Wolves on Wednesday I think we need to look at getting a hell of a lot more incisive. Gotta start using the wings and getting in behind their defence, we just didn't do it at all on Saturday, mainly due to Anthony Gardner who was a colussus. Bringing back Finnan will give the team a bit more balance and Gerrard will give Hamann more support and stop him getting isolated against one player which was happening against Brown. Shocking performance all in all but I'm waiting for the game vs. Wolves to see how the players/manager react.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts