Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time we teach the ailing champions a lesson. :boxing:

Goals will be a premium in this game. We do not have any strikers. Arse has gone off the boil. So who has it this Sunday to take 3 points?

We will find out.

paw;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
i reckon if Kewell scores in this game, no matter if we have 10 or 0 strikers we can start winning some games then

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
SwissArmy said:
henry - out

no, no, no. :shades:

Wenger said he has a 50:50 chance, and Henry has never missed a game yet where he has a 50:50 chance. ;)

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
no, no, no. :shades:

Wenger said he has a 50:50 chance, and Henry has never missed a game yet where he has a 50:50 chance. ;)
Not just Henry but anyone who Wenger says is 50:50 before a big match, always plays.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Drito said:
Not just Henry but anyone who Wenger says is 50:50 before a big match, always plays.
true but Henry and Vieira especially, a few days before the United game Wenger gave Vieira only a 20:80 chance and he still played. :eekani:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Henry's now got a "70% chance of playing", which of course means he plays anyway! The Vieira-Fabregas/Gerrard/Alonso battle in the middle is going to be excellent to watch and I sincerely hope Josemi plays against our left side :D.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
When Henry is 50:50 it usually means he will play it's just Wenger just making excuses.

Depending how you look at this it could be the best time to play them seeming as they are on a "poor run" but on the flipside of the coin Arsenal might just be ready to knock 4 past someone, remember last year when they drew a couple and lost to Chelsea and then beat us 4-2.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Drito said:
If you can beat or hold Arsenal to a draw, it will be much appreciated:)
see, we get results by playing better than the other team, so it's a bit harder. don't expect you to understand that, though. good luck getting into CL this year.

-p

·
Registered
170 Posts
SwissArmy said:
cisse - out

baros - out

henry - out

that means it will finish 0-0
it's more mindgames from arsene, he's famous for it. henry will play. and i'm betting arsenal will score. with that said, they've been leaking goals at the back so provided we go into it with the right mindset and get a solid showing from our midfield, we can net a few as well. here's to hoping ;]

-p

·
Registered
170 Posts
khimik said:
Henry's now got a "70% chance of playing", which of course means he plays anyway! The Vieira-Fabregas/Gerrard/Alonso battle in the middle is going to be excellent to watch and I sincerely hope Josemi plays against our left side :D.
agreed, the midfield play will be very interesting provided everyone involved puts in a good performance. our problem is lack of options for the playmakers, but we'll have to see who all steps up.

re: josemi, his biggest problem has been being left exposed by garcia. _if_ he plays, which i don't think he will, having finnan in front should help. we didn't see much of a problem on that side in the monaco game, although monaco were quite weak overall truth be told. and never underestimate the persuasive effect of a few solid tackles (which josemi can deliver all day) on your lightweight primadonnas ;]

-p

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
josemi is out, thank god, i think.

traore is also doubtful as is garcia, baros, cisse are all out.

i think this is who we can selectr from

dudek
kirkland
finnan
hyypia
henchoz (prob not)
carra
riise
kewell
alonso
biscan
hamann
gerrard
nunez(unlikely)
fsp
mellor

warnock
partridge
whitbread
the rest of the reserves

in all likelyhood we're going to get hammered.
i still bet 3-0 us tho. :D

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
rusko said:
see, we get results by playing better than the other team, so it's a bit harder. don't expect you to understand that, though. good luck getting into CL this year.

-p
emmmm before looking at next season, look at this year. Your nearly out already :dielaugh: , and you got the hopes that your finishing higher than us in the league:D :rollani:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
4-0 Arsenal.

Weakest Liverpool side I've seen in a long time. :( I'm not sure if they'll make the Uefa cup never mind the Champions League. :( :(

Although their Scouse brothers (and future landlords) look flippin' great. Such attacking, flowing football. The new kings of Merseyside!

:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Drito said:
emmmm before looking at next season, look at this year. Your nearly out already :dielaugh: , and you got the hopes that your finishing higher than us in the league:D :rollani:
i never stated that i expected us to finish in CL places this season, although hoping and keeping the faith is what true support is all about. with that said, wherever we finish, we finish there because we deserved it. this is more than you can say about your team. go on, you've got ill-gotten glory to support.

-p

·
Registered
170 Posts
SuicideDD said:
4-0 Arsenal.
i'd probably go for 1-nil or 2-nil for arsenal, although of course i'm hoping for the converse ;]

Weakest Liverpool side I've seen in a long time. :( I'm not sure if they'll make the Uefa cup never mind the Champions League. :( :(
this is a bit OTT. we are, indeed, very threadbare for the arsenal tie, primarily because of the horrendous injury situation and the thin squad. our chances of progressing in CL this season are somewhat doubtful at the moment and i agree that getting into CL places in the epl will be quite an ask if the squad remains as it is beyond the jan transfer window. with that said, we're perfectly capable of placing in uefa cup and i suspect we're going to have a much stronger second half of the season with a bit of luck.

Although their Scouse brothers (and future landlords) look flippin' great. Such attacking, flowing football. The new kings of Merseyside!
everton always start strong and go missing in the second half of the season. fully expect them to do the same this year. liverpool may not be quite magic right now, but come may everton may well be at least half-way to tragic ;]

-p

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yeah, I have wondered how in the hell Everton are doing so well in the tables (haven't seen them play so I didn't use the term "playing well" because I would assume that they are not necesarily "playing well").

-Scott

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
When Henry is 50:50 it usually means he will play it's just Wenger just making excuses.

Depending how you look at this it could be the best time to play them seeming as they are on a "poor run" but on the flipside of the coin Arsenal might just be ready to knock 4 past someone, remember last year when they drew a couple and lost to Chelsea and then beat us 4-2.
Henry is actually injured. He had blood swelling or something in his calf following the ten thousandth van Bommel foul but it's cleared up over the last few days so he'll play, as I said. Reyes and van Persie are fit and Bergkamp's having a fitness test this morning.

As a side note, the last few times we've won at Anfield, we've gone on to win the title so here's to a nice victory to the Blue and Yellow's. ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
skamen said:
Yeah, I have wondered how in the hell Everton are doing so well in the tables (haven't seen them play so I didn't use the term "playing well" because I would assume that they are not necesarily "playing well").
they are acutally playing reasonably well. nothing breathtaking, you see, but neither are we at the moment. sides like everton and boro run on team cohesion, faith and commitment. however, there always comes a point where mediocre players can no longer carry the day playing at 110% and a lot of the sides you see in the "wrong" league positions right now will self-correct when the few good players they've got stop getting decent contributions from the rest of the squad.

we, on the other hand, have a different problem. we've got enough quality to put up a decent fight for a CL place, but the squad is thin and we're missing the 110% performances and proper mentality in tough games from the other players who get a run out under current conditions. and yes, i realize we're a bit short of arse in the quality department atm as an unacceptably large proportion of our recent signings (ie before rafa) have been rubbish.

-p

1 - 20 of 97 Posts