Xtratime Community banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
GOOOOOOOOOOOLO!!!!!

2-0 Alecs with a header. Sporting is all over the place.

edit: Nem scored an own goal :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sporting winning 2-0 at half time and it could have been more. Braga has no legs and no football for us tonight.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Gein said:
2-0. Second own-goal. Unbelievable.
Yes, it's amazing although these are the first two own goals that we had on our favour in official matches this season and we have done enough to be winning by even more goals during this first half.

·
Registered
866 Posts
You had other chance on goal, by Tonel on a corner. Other than that, you have control of the game, and are indeed all over the place but has more to do with the inexplicable attitude of Braga players. They aren't running, they can't make 3 passes straight...
I understand that they have 7 injured players, but still, it's a good 11 they had there.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Gein said:
You had other chance on goal, by Tonel on a corner. Other than that, you have control of the game, and are indeed all over the place but has more to do with the inexplicable attitude of Braga players. They aren't running, they can't make 3 passes straight...
I understand that they have 7 injured players, but still, it's a good 11 they had there.
Yes, Braga is very poor tonight but they have been having a season like that. Beating Porto, losing home 0-4 with Nacional, 4-0 win over Liberec and now this.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It's, at least, doubtful.

Braga's keeper will probably go out after that "move" by Yannick. No card given, of course.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Yannick should have seen the red card.....

Braga is looking horrible,simple as that.:thmbdown:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
kleber said:
Yannick should have seen the red card.....

Braga is looking horrible,simple as that.:thmbdown:
Welcome back kleber, it's always good to read your insightful opinions about my club.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nem is sent off after his second yellow. After the own goal now this. Luckily he's not playing against Benfica in the next round :howler:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
SPORTING 3-0 Sp. Braga (FT)

A very poor Braga indeed but another good game by our offensive players :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Very good game by Sporting but let's be fair, Braga was really terrible tonight. It seems they are playing one good game followed by one bad game, and you can't do that and expect to make it into Europe again next year. They had a great UEFA Cup game mid-week, then this massacre.

Moutinho - :star: That's all that really needs to be said. Such composure and concentration on the ball, it's incredible the poise he has.

Oh, and my boy Djalo was wreaking havoc like usual. In terms of getting a pass from the midfield, turning, and running at the defenders, he may be the best at it in the entire league.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Portuguese League 2006/07
9th Round

Estádio José Alvalade, Lisbon (29.511 att.)
6th November 2006
19:15 (local time)
Ref: Pedro Henriques (Lisboa)

SPORTING 3-0 SC Braga
(Luís Filipe 12'OG, Nem 32'OG, Alecsandro 63')

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SPORTING - Ricardo; Marco Caneira (Abel 31'), Tonel, Anderson Polga, Rodrigo Tello; Custódio, Farnerud (Nani 59'), João Moutinho, Yannick Djaló; Alecsandro (Miguel Veloso 72') and Liedson.

Subs not used: Tiago, João Alves, Romagnoli, Bueno.
Coach: Paulo Bento

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SC Braga – Paulo Santos; Luís Filipe, Nem, Irineu, Pedro Costa; Ricardo Chaves (Bruno Gama 77'), Andrés Madrid, Vandinho (Frechaut HT); Marcel, Césinha (Matheus HT) and Maciel

Subs not used: Eduardo, Paulo Jorge, Carlos Fernandes, João Pinto.
Coach: Carlos Carvalhal

Booked: Nem (SCB 27’+82'), Marcel (SCB 57’), Miguel Veloso (SCP 74’).
Sent Off: Nem (SCB 82')

What a crazy game this was! I honestly can't remember having seen in my long life of Sporting fan two own goals in our favour in the same match! :howler:

In any case, although it is true that Braga was pityful, we had a pretty good game, showing that the bad luck of the last four games and the defensive blunders of the last League game in Aveiro are things of the past.

Negative: we've seen that Liedson is still in his curve of bad form and we also saw Caneira leaving the pitch with only half an hour played due to a groin injury that will probably keep him away for a couple of weeks. Luckily that's exactly the time that the League will now stop for the games of the NT and he will be able to rest.

Positive: a very good display of everybody in the midfield, especially Yannick Djaló, who showed being a very good option as number 10 when the opponent back line is on the slower side.

The Man of the Match this time was the Brazilian Alecsandro. He scored one and was involved in the plays of the two own goals and showed once again that he really is the kind of player that can, when Liedson gets back to his normal self, make with 'Levezinho' a deadly pair upfront. His simple but powerful football reminds me somehow the one of a pretty good English striker that passed through Sporting in the 80s, named Raphael Meade.

Now the League stops for two weeks which I think will be a good thing for us as there is a clear need to recover some energies for the big games coming in the Winter.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts