Xtratime Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Ok, we've discussed Bueno a million times, so no need to go there I guess. Let's just put it this way... 9 games in the league, 0 goals, and he's a striker.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
By the way, I was glad to see Ronny get a start. I like this player and since Tello can play many positions, it's good to get him in the games. He's definitely a massive threat from set pieces with that golden left leg of his.

Also, I know he came on today, but has something been wrong with Alecsandro from injury or something, Filipe? When he was getting the starts alongside Liedson, he was scoring goals and a few times was the best player on the pitch. I really like this player, Sporting should definitely try to sign him permanently if it's possible. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
FigoIsGod said:
Ok, we've discussed Bueno a million times, so no need to go there I guess. Let's just put it this way... 9 games in the league, 0 goals, and he's a striker.
Bueno participated in 7 of the 14 games of Sporting in the league so far

He played 390 minutes in those 7 games which gives an average of 55 minutes per game, i.e. 3 and a half games.

Obviously that he came to Sporting to score goals and he still did not do it (for the league). However he is starting to show signs that, from the 3 strikers that Sporting has to make a partnership with Liedson upfront at the moment, he is the one with better characteristics to fit into the Brazilian's game.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
FigoIsGod said:
By the way, I was glad to see Ronny get a start. I like this player and since Tello can play many positions, it's good to get him in the games. He's definitely a massive threat from set pieces with that golden left leg of his.

Also, I know he came on today, but has something been wrong with Alecsandro from injury or something, Filipe? When he was getting the starts alongside Liedson, he was scoring goals and a few times was the best player on the pitch. I really like this player, Sporting should definitely try to sign him permanently if it's possible. :thumbsup:
Yes, I agree that offensively Ronny is very good and very dangerous from set pieces but to be honest, from what I've seen and from what I've read, I think he should be getting much more chances of playing in the position that Tello played tonight and vice-versa. Ronny IMO still does not defend very well and if against teams like Académica that is not too serious when the opponent is stronger (like for instance Spartak) he is still a liability.

About Alecsandro I think that he is a good player but I don't think he is first XI material for us. He is a useful player to come in the second half but a bit too slow for Sporting's current tactical scheme.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Portuguese League 2006/07
14th Round

Estádio José Alvalade, Lisbon (41.411 att.)
16th December 2006
21:15 (local time)
Ref: Bruno Paixão (Setúbal)

SPORTING 1-0 Académica
(Liedson 27')

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SPORTING - Ricardo; Marco Caneira (Abel 58'), Tonel, Miguel Veloso, Ronny (Custódio 71'); Paredes, Rodrigo Tello, Nani, João Moutinho; Bueno (Alecsandro 68') and Liedson.

Subs not used: Tiago, Farnerud, João Alves, Yannick Djaló.
Coach: Paulo Bento

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Académica – Pedro Roma; Paulo Sérgio, Danilo, Kaká, Roberto Brum; Alexandre, Lino, Dame, Miguel Pedro; Filipe Teixeira and Nestor.

Subs not used: Douglas, Medeiros, Vítor Vinha, Pavlovic.
Coach: Manuel Machado.

Booked: Nestor (AAC 47’), Gelson (AAC 70’), Alecsandro (SCP 90+2’), Rodrigo Tello (SCP 90+3').

A great atmosphere in Alvalade with more than 40.000 :eekani: for the Xmas party game.

Sporting's first half yesterday, mainly the first 30 minutes of it, was probably the best period so far of our season in what concerns league games. Free flowing attacking football with all the immense talent that these players do have coming out at the same time. We could and should have ended that period easily leading by 2 or 3 goals: pure bliss.

Unfortunately the second half was quite different and it brought with it some of the problems that we've seen afflicting our game this season. Nevertheless globally it was a positive game with some good individual displays.

Miguel Veloso once again showed all his class in a game where he didn't have that much work to do.

Rodrigo Tello and João Moutinho worked like two ants never giving up.

Bueno, as I've said earlier in this same thread, showed once again that he is for me currently the best possible choice to partner with Liedson upfront.

And what to say about Levezinho? He is back to his good old self, constantly looking for the ball, an amazing team spirit and a killer instinct when most needed. :thumbsup:

Now, it's Cup time on Thursday against União da Madeira followed by three weeks of break that hopefully will be used to recharge batteries to keep putting the pressure on a very strong Porto.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts