Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course, this will be Poland's 'B' team.

Players called up:

Goalkeepers: Jerzy Dudek (Liverpool FC), Lukasz Fabianski (Legia Warszawa)

Defenders: Seweryn Gancarczyk (Metalist Charków), Marcin Kus (Queen's Park Rangers), Dariusz Dudka (Wisla Krakow), Tomasz Klos (Wisla Krakow), Marcin Baszczynski (Wisla Krakow), Jacek Bak.

Midfielders: Jacek Krzynowek (Bayer Leverkusen), Jakub Blaszczykowski (Wisla Krakow), Radoslaw Sobolewski (Wisła Kraków), Piotr Giza (Cracovia), Sebastian Mila (Austria Wieden)

Strikers: Ireneusz Jelen (Wisla Plock), Lukasz Sosin (Apollon Limassol), Dawid Janczyk (Legia Warszawa)

It's interesting to see Gancarczyk. First time I've heard that name. A bit sad to see Dudek, Mila and Krzynowek. An obvious proof of situation in their clubs - they aren't really needed there...

I don't understand why Burkhardt wasn't called up. Janczyk a bit too early to my taste, but why not...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Janczyk out(injury) Brozek in (Wisla Krakow), Gancarczyk missed the flight...:googly:

·
Registered
153 Posts
SleepyM said:
Janczyk out(injury) Brozek in (Wisla Krakow), Gancarczyk missed the flight...:googly:
I heard that plane from Ukraine to France arrived to late and he missed the flight to arabia, i'm curius how he fell right now :(

·
Registered
805 Posts
My theory is Gancarczyk doesn't even exist :)

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
1-1 so far. We were leading 1-0 after goal of Sosin (goal in first NT match :thmbup:) and good center-pass of Jeleń. Saudians equalized after freekick and header.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Did anyone happen to see the game, just want to know what style of football the saudis play cause their ukraines opponent for the wc. Shouldn't be too worried if they lost to your seconds

btw Seweryn Gancarczyk is a regular starter for Ukrainian club Metalist Kharkiv, They have had a good run and are six in the league, competting for a uefa cup spot :thumbsup:

·
Registered
532 Posts
You shouldnt be worried, Saudi Arabia didnt show anything special, Poland too tbh although I thought they have quite skillfull forwards.

What a boring game. It could easily be draw and they could even win. We played quite poor :(. Only bright spots for me were Sosin, Jelen and Dudek. Wow isnt it great to have a goalie who actually can kick the ball and does it very accurate (yes Boruc Im looking at you :tongue: ) . Defence was worrying as usual. But worrying is also our two potential starters form, Krzynowek and Sobolewski.

But its good we won so I wont complain.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Saudi Arabia defended very poorly and apparently they aren't used to tough physical football played by European teams. Ukraine will slaughter them.

As for Poland, well...

----------------- Dudek --------------------

Baszczynski-----Klos-----Bak---------Dudka

Blaszczykowski--Sobolewski---Mila--Krzynowek

--------------Sosin---------Jelen------------

The players in bold are likely to start for Poland the WC. What did they show? Not much.

I agree that Dudek looked quite convincing, but I still can't believe Janas is going to make his no.1 a player who's played only few (4? 5?) official games since June last year :eekani:

Defence looked terrible. Wisla players are off form, that's a fact. Poor marking, lack of pace, and Bak was no better.

Sobolewski is only a shadow of a player he used to be last year. Still, I hope that Petrescu's boys will find proper form again. I have doubts if Krzynowek can find it though. He's still a classy player, he knows where to be and how to cross but he's OH-SO-SLOW. It's hurts to see him being unable to dribble past Arabian defenders, something that Jelen did easily.

As for B players, Both Sosin and Jelen made their WC squad bid. Jelen's versatility is quite impressive. A good alternative for Gorawski I guess.

Sosin did his job as well. I believe many people see him as an alternative for Rasiak, but I'd say he's very different from him. A headache for Janas, that's for sure.

Blaszczykowski showed nothing special, but his time will come. Mila was disastrous, poor ball control, inaccurate shooting, hardly any pace at all. It'll be a joke if goes to the WC :(

I fear that selection is done. Otherwise, I can see no reason behind calling up Giza (instead of Burkhardt and Iwanski) and Brozek (instead of Kryszlowicz, who is Wisla's driving force now).

·
Registered
805 Posts
Prewitt said:
Still, I hope that Petrescu's boys will find proper form again.
Is that so? :finger:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts