Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No OMT? It was quite surprising. I thought many would already be here and post comments like vultures going for dead meat.

Let's get the knives out and start the word-fight again ppl.

I have a few questions:
- how late was the news on the injuries to Nando, Dudek & Kewell to not be match fit was released? I only found out that they weren't playing when I watched the 2-hr delayed telecast.
- how would you guys have played the formation personally?
- how did you find Pelle's performance?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
They were all doubts for a few days.

Not suprised we lost, 4 more first teamers injured and out of a squad already missing players doesn't help (down to third choice keeper today).

We have very few players in the squad that haven't had a longish injury (Carra, thankfully, being one of the few)

Injured players this season;

Kirkland
Dudek
Josemi
Finnan
Traore
Hyppia
Gerrard
Hamann
Alonso
Smicer
Kewell
Nunez
Garcia
Cisse
Baros
Mellor
Pongolle
Morientes

18 players 4 of which are out for the season, 10 who have missed a month or more.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
It's a mixture of injuries and the available 'big players' not performing I guess..

About Rafa, I'm getting extremely frustrated with his away games tactics but I must say that's how it was during his Valencia days but Valencia had better counter attacking players and it worked much better. For him it's get 3 points at home and a draw away is a good result..

Things look bad, we might be 11 points behind Everton by tommorow but remember we've played one game less(after tommorow I mean), our next 3 league games are home games, including the derby and they have to play Arsenal and United aswell so I won't give up. Not yet atleast..

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
CardiffRed said:
They were all doubts for a few days.

Not suprised we lost, 4 more first teamers injured and out of a squad already missing players doesn't help (down to third choice keeper today).

We have very few players in the squad that haven't had a longish injury (Carra, thankfully, being one of the few)

Injured players this season;

Kirkland
Dudek
Josemi
Finnan
Traore
Hyppia
Gerrard
Hamann
Alonso
Smicer
Kewell
Nunez
Garcia
Cisse
Baros
Mellor
Pongolle
Morientes

18 players 4 of which are out for the season, 10 who have missed a month or more.
You're making a long list of players when some have missed a match or two. Are you Houllier in disguise?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
MoMo said:
It's a mixture of injuries and the available 'big players' not performing I guess.. ..

About Rafa, I'm getting extremely frustrated with his away games tactics but I must say that's how it was during his Valencia days but Valencia had better counter attacking players and it worked much better. For him it's get 3 points at home and a draw away is a good result..

We need wins and the tactics are worrying, the away tactics have been all season and the results reflect it.

MoMo said:
Things look bad, we might be 11 points behind Everton by tommorow but remember we've played one game less(after tommorow I mean), our next 3 league games are home games, including the derby and they have to play Arsenal and United aswell so I won't give up. Not yet atleast..
Everton have been able to grind out results, for me the difference between them this season and last is a little more hard work and luck. I don't mean they've been lucky to be where they are but you need quite a bit to win so many games 1-0 (8 is it?)

Hope isn't gone but I think we have to be realistic and assume we won't catch them, had we won yesterday I'd be optimistic but in reality we're running out of games fast and still depend on them losing more than we do and by the looks of it they now have the slightly easier run in albeit with Man Utd and Arsenal to play

Liverpool remaining games

H Blackburn (16th)
H Everton (4th)
H Bolton (7th)
A Man City (12th)
H Tottenham (9th)
A Portsmouth (15th)
A Crystal Palace (17th)
H Middlesboro (6th)
A Arsenal (3rd)
H Aston Villa (10th)

*Total position points 99 (home 52, away 47) - average position 10th (home 9th, away 12th)

Everton remaining games

H Blackburn (16th)
A Liverpool (5th)
A West Brom (20th)
H Crystal Palace (17th)
A Arsenal (3rd)
H Man Utd (2nd)
H Birmingham (13th)
A Fulham (14th)
H Newcastle (11th)
A Bolton (7th)

*Total position points 108 (home 59, away 49) - average position 11th (home 12th, away 10th)

*rough indicator of difficulty of remaning fixtures

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Carson-6.5: Didn't have much to do, but what he did have he dealt with. Don't know if he will be in net against Bayer Leverkusen because of experience but if he is I believe he will do well.

Finnan-6: Pretty poor by the high standrads he has set this season.

Carragher-7: Solid as a rock again, Hyypia is a burden on his shoulders having to cover for him all the time.

Hyypia-4: LIABILITY!

Pellegrino-7: First half he was immense, second half so, so.

Riise-5: Passing was poor, didn't really seem to get in the game,

Garcia-4: Poor performance yet again, just as he started to look to be getting better he goes shit again.

Biscan-7: Good performance IMO, looked solid in the Hamann role.

Gerrard-5: Blah :nono:

Smicer-5: Made a few runs but didn't seem to get nowhere.

Baros-4.5: Pretty obvious he wants out and with performances like that good riddance, if you cant be arsed to play don't complain when you're dropped.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Owzat said:
You're making a long list of players when some have missed a match or two. Are you Houllier in disguise?
Think you'll find I stated at the bottom the number of long term injuries, obviously you hadn't managed to get that far so I'll let you off this time.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Think you'll find I stated at the bottom the number of long term injuries, obviously you hadn't managed to get that far so I'll let you off this time.
Actually I read the whole post but I'm sure other clubs can cite 18 injuries of poxy proportions ie missed one game. So obviously you make idiotic assumptions

My point was you're overdoing the injury thing, yest we have bad injuries but Houllier did that last season by saying we had half a squad out and that was only part true

And I'd change your tone if I was you, you're in no position to let people off as you so ignorantly put it :nono:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Obviously you haven't read it as you wouldn't still be banging on about 'poxy injuries' although I'm glad that you find losing 10 players to injuries of more than a month and 4 who are out for the season insignificant.

10 long injuries to an already threadbare squad is a hell of alot. Utd fans put the fact they didn't win the league last year to missing one player from a full squad (Ferdinand). We've missed 10 alot of who'm would be in the starting 11 (only Smicer, Nunez, Mellor, and Pongolle after Morientes signing wouldn't).

Perhaps a comparison with other teams around us is in order?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Obviously you haven't read it as you wouldn't still be banging on about 'poxy injuries' although I'm glad that you find losing 10 players to injuries of more than a month and 4 who are out for the season insignificant.
For the second time since you obviously can't read I read your whole post and just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I haven't. Perhaps instead of trying to be a clever dick and coming up front half short you could change your tone

CardiffRed said:
10 long injuries to an already threadbare squad is a hell of alot. Utd fans put the fact they didn't win the league last year to missing one player from a full squad (Ferdinand).
So what if manu "fans" go on about Ferdinand, their defence has been no different with or without him this season but you can't tell them anything. You're not a manu fan are you perchance.................?

Premiership appearances (28 matches possible, doesn't allow for suspension etc)

20 +

Hyypia 28
Carragher 28
Riise 27
Hamann 25
Finnan 25
Gerrard 23
Garcia 21
Traore 21
Baros 20

Keeper 27 - Dudek (17) or Kirkland (10), they've missed one between them

Even Alonso has played 19 matches. I'm not saying we haven't had injury problems but obviously you are not seeing what I'm saying which is you can band any figure around including players who bruised their little finger and misrepresent the situation. Morientes has missed how many matches?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
So we've managed to get 9 players to play over 20 games 6 of whom are defence minded players. As a top four or 5 team that is a shockingly low amount and highlights even further our injury problems.

you are not seeing what I'm saying which is you can band any figure around including players who bruised their little finger
For the last time, that is why the last few sentences highlights all those players with long injuries of over a month

:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
CardiffRed said:
For the last time, that is why the last few sentences highlights all those players with long injuries of over a month

:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:
Good idea, go bang your head against a ****in' brick wall, I'll help you!

Let's agree to disagree, regardless of a sentence at the end of your list it still gives the impression we've missed 18 players for significant periods since you haven't bothered to individually cite the extents of each players absence (and generalising doesn't do that before you start boring me with a repetition of what I've already seen)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Tip - Pay paticular attention to the bits in bold

VERY interested to know how exactly that gives the impression that we've had 18 long injuries.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Tip - Pay paticular attention to the bits in bold

VERY interested to know how exactly that gives the impression that we've had 18 long injuries.
I've read your post and you've repeated the same statement over and over. And FYI I'm pretty sure Hyypia hasn't been injured, he missed a game recently and I believe he had flu or some such illness. Morientes has missed how many matches exactly

And before you repeat the same ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz statement again perhaps you'd care to read my initial reply again

Owzat said:
So smartarse, where in your list does it state several of your list have missed a match or two? I don't believe those stats anyway, for starters if you're including Cisse and Alonso in your four who've missed the season perhaps you'd care to specify that Alonso was injured in the reverse of the opening fixture which happens.............. halfway through the Premiership. Cisse played 10 games so technically most of your statement is crap anyway, not that you'd know that :rollani:

LET'S SEE IF YOU CAN RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO REPLY WITH EXACTLY WHAT YOU'VE SAID MANY TIMES OVER :rollani:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Let's not try and blame me for your inability to read, process and absorb information shall we.

PS: Are Alonso, Cisse, Pongolleand mellor or are they not out for the rest of the season?

The very fact you can't even grasp the basics is worrying.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Let's not try and blame me for your inability to read, process and absorb information shall we..
Seems to me you're the one with a problem, I read your poxy comments at the bottom FIRST time (shouldn't have to keep repeating it but obviously you're too retarded to take it in at first attempt

CardiffRed said:
PS: Are Alonso, Cisse, Pongolleand mellor or are they not out for the rest of the season?
I understand what you're trying to say but you didn't say they're out for the rest of the season. Having given minimal information your "stats" are sh1te

CardiffRed said:
The very fact you can't even grasp the basics is worrying.
simple/basic about sums you up, one list of players with a general statement at the bottom which still misrepresents the whole picture to people who don't already know and to those that do it's pointless

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Alright I'm closing this post, this is not even about the game but rather you are insulting each other's intellects. Do it via pm, don't make the rest of us read it.

Consider this a warning, and do not let this spill over into other threads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.