• Draw

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Well, that's convenient!!!

Graham Poll was originally scheduled to take charge of the Man U V Liverpool game but has tonight cried off, apparently with an injury.

His replacement....MIKE RILEY!!!!!!

:mad: :skull: :mad: :skull: :mad:

Now, I'm no great maths whizz so maybe you can all help me out.

1)Poll is due to take charge of us V them

2)Poll tells it like it is and calls Gary Neville a whinging diving
C unt.

3)Poll develops sudden and mysterious injury

4)Poll pulls out of the game and is immediately replaced by Mike "7 pens in the last 8 games for Utd" Riley.

Doesn't add up.

Surely the red shite don't have the FA that deep in their pockets?!?!

fcking [email protected]

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
Manchester United vs Liverpool FC @ Old Trafford - OMT

Well boys, here is the motherlode, the big balooza, our second derby. traditionally one of the biggest matches in our fixture list every year, i think most of us believe we have a daunting task set for us. Last year's corresponding fixture gave us a 4-0 drubbing after hyypia got sent off after 10 mins. Hopefully this year we can put one over them, but frankly i don't see it happening. I'll still be watching though! :)

Match thoughts, reports, pre-games, possible lineups, rumours, please set here.

Paws prediction thread, look down on the main list.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Yeah he's the one.How pathetic does it look though.As CR said Poll's called Gary Neville a diver and theres been publicity and Neville and Fergie arent happy.He's pulled out, or replaced more like it and in comes the biggest manc bastard ref iv ever seen.Not only sent off Sami, the other "penalty" was outside the box.Just two of his idiotic and infuriating decisions for Man U in every game he refs for them.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Shoe on the other foot:

If Poll had came out and said that Diouf was a filthy cheat, or that Owen and Kewell were divers, would you have been happy for him to referee your next match? He's obviously going into it with a predetermined opinion.

It mystifies me that Poll is allowed to call Gary a diver and not have some action taken against him. If Gary had called him a crap ref he would have receieved a ban and a hefty fine.

And I think the line he came out with: "If I had the courage I would have booked him" - referring to Gary's supposed dive, says a lot more about him as a referee than Gary as a diver. He's saying that he bottled a decision, therefore he can't be trusted to do his job and should be sacked immediately.

Incidentally, I don't like Mike Riley either, but he's marginally better than Poll despite the ABU comments.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
the biggest prick is Ellerey, denied us 3 blatant PKs and awarded them one for NO foul on Giggs in the "Return of Cantona" - the game we ate the mancs alive. Still stuffed them at Anfield later on that season, but who knows how much of a boost we would've gotten before the FA cup final that year had we finished them off at OT... Games like that mean a lot. Remember how MU stole the quaterfinal in the dying minutes and later on went to achieve that historic treble?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shoe on the other foot:
How's this for shoe on the other foot.

Poll calls Diouf and Kewell cheats, he get's replaced by a ref with a blatant Liverpool bias who has awarded them 8 penalties in the last 7 matches.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mike Riley again :(:(:(

Graham Poll has been forced to pull out of refereeing this weekend's clash between Manchester United and Liverpool with injury.
He will be replaced by Mike Riley, who sent Sami Hyypia off after four minutes of the corresponding fixture last season.

Keith Hackett, general manager of the referees, said: "I got a call from Graham and he told me that the thigh muscle problem which he has been carrying all week was still troubling him.

"Graham has been having treatment from a physio since the weekend but is still feeling a twinge.

"He is due to take control of the prestige friendly between Italy and Spain next week and the last thing he wanted was for the injury to blow up in his face.

"His attitude is perfectly understandable and one I fully support."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N144644040423-0851.htm

Greets,

D

·
0 Posts
Poll's not injured, the FA have given into Manure and changed the ref. Mike Riley means we are going to have at least one penalty given against us.

D

·
0 Posts
SuicideDD said:
Shoe on the other foot:

If Poll had came out and said that Diouf was a filthy cheat, or that Owen and Kewell were divers, would you have been happy for him to referee your next match? He's obviously going into it with a predetermined opinion.

It mystifies me that Poll is allowed to call Gary a diver and not have some action taken against him. If Gary had called him a crap ref he would have receieved a ban and a hefty fine.

And I think the line he came out with: "If I had the courage I would have booked him" - referring to Gary's supposed dive, says a lot more about him as a referee than Gary as a diver. He's saying that he bottled a decision, therefore he can't be trusted to do his job and should be sacked immediately.

Incidentally, I don't like Mike Riley either, but he's marginally better than Poll despite the ABU comments.
No, Chuckle would have been "Warned about his future conduct for the third time this season".

Poll is a very good ref, prob the best in the league. Manure are a team of diving cheats and it's about time some1 said something.

Riley is one of the worst refs in the league, only Alan Wiley is worse. He's the most blatantly biased ref in the league. 8 pens for Manure last season, not 1 of them was a pen.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Poll's not injured, the FA have given into Manure and changed the ref. Mike Riley means we are going to have at least one penalty given against us.
How many penalties have we had this season in relation to how many we've missed out on? Not many.

Wheras Liverpool have had a huge amount of undeserved penalties, unfortunately you've missed most of them though.

D

·
0 Posts
How many times has Mike Riley reffed you this season? once, how many pens? 1. Was it deserved? No. Did you score from it? No.

Not our fault your lads have no bottle from 12 yards.

What pens haven't we deserved?? we've deserved every pen, and about 10 we haven't been given! Not our fault teams can't handle FSP's pace, Diouf's quick feet, and Owen in general.

Stevie G has been booked once this season, for diving, when his legs were CLEARLY kicked from under him in the box.

D

·
0 Posts
Lightoller said:
Well, at least Houllier has his excuse worked-out for him. :tongue: :D

I hadn't even thought of that! He'll be a nightmare after the game unless we get a result. although this time, instead of it being complete shit, it'll actually be true.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
How many times has Mike Riley reffed you this season? once, how many pens? 1. Was it deserved? No. Did you score from it? No.

Three times. Fulham, Charlton and Northamton. Charlton was one of the most poorly refereed games of the season IMO. Ronaldo was being hacked down every time he moved by Kishishev and Stuart but no action was taken. Similarly Jason Euell was booked for a nothing tackle on Howard. No penalties despite an obvious foul from Kishishev inside the box, which even Charlton supporters said was a pen.

Fulham he did alright, quite fair. But it wasn't a dirty match at all and 6 cards were shown. Ruud trailed down by a clumsy Zat Knight - no penalty.

He's quite a poor referee, but I don't think he's biased towards us. Most of the penalties we got from him, were actually penalties IMO.

This year I think he's definitley aware of the hype around him giving penalties for us and is over-compensating to show he's not biased towards us, albeit subconciously perhaps.

Not our fault your lads have no bottle from 12 yards.
:howler:

What pens haven't we deserved?? we've deserved every pen
Off the top of my head - Portsmouth in the cup.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah, i remembered the Pompey game after i posted, BUT, Milan didn't dive, nor did anyone of our players appeal for a penalty.

most of the pens you got last season WERE pens?? nonsense. They were reviewed on SKY and Andy Gray that there was one that was a half decent shout and the rest were dives or bad judgement by the ref(Sami fouling RVN outside the box, pen and red given, Rvn hadn't even got control of the ball!)

Are you talking about the game at the Valley?? Ronaldo was diving everytime he got the ball, and won freekicks 90% of the time. all you did was play longball muck in that game, the ball was never in the Charlton box so you couldn't get a pen.

Knight didn't foul the Horse, the Horse dived.

gave you a pen for nothing against Northampton, missed by Forlan.

RVN has missed what?? 4 pens this season?? bottler.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts