Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lads from the south come to visit Anfield in this game, got a Portsmouth fan at uni who keeps giving me stick about Liverpool's bad results and how they're going to thrash us in this game tomorrow (Tuesday, 14th December 2004) but I expect it'll be the opposite & I hope we keep our impressive home record in the league so far (only one defeat so far this season vs. Birmingham) and beat them.

Read that Dudek will be back in goal, as Kirkland has not been giving much confidence to his back-line and had some occasions when conceded goals which he should have done better, but Jerzy is back because Kirky has a back injury, therefore not mainly due to his performances, other than that Baros & Xabi should be in the starting line-up, Nunez according to what I read is doing average on the right and not up to the standard required yet, maybe we should move Gerrard to the right but still keeping his free-role as a driving force for the team when we go forward and play 2 strikers upfront?

My line-up:

--------Dudek------
Finnan-Hypia-Carra-Riise
-----Xabi-----Didi------
-Gerrard---------Kewell-
-------FSP-------------
------------Baros-----
Fsp as supporting striker and Baros as our main striker, I predict a 3-0 impressive win from the lads :shades:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Dudek back in goal, great news!

My team:

..................Dudek
Finnan...Carra......Hyypia...Riise
..............Alonso..Hamann
...FSP...........Gerrard.......Kewell
.....................Baros

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
We need to thrash them , simple as.

Too inconsistent for my liking we have been and also this is our important GAME I HAND . Need to win this , crucial match .

My team would be pretty much the one posted above this post .

I would like Alonso , Hamann and Gerrard all to play and not Diao . I remember the fulham game , 11 players including Diao 2-0 down , 10 players Josemi off diao subbed and 4-2 we won :D
Please no Josemi for this game.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
5mins to kick off, line up:

..................Dudek
Finnan...Carra......Hyypia...Traore
..............Alonso..Hamann
Nunez.............................Kewell
...............Gerrard
.....................Baros

·
Registered
996 Posts
Why Traore over Risse? Maybe he needs a rest otherwise it doesn't make any sense. Good to see Dudek back in goal and good to see Finnan over Josemi.

-Scott

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Dudek back in goal, don't know what to think of that, of course Kirkland is out of form, but still, it's just like a merry-go-round now, a goalie needs confidence from his manager to perform good, both don't have any confidence...

Anyway, still 0-0, C'mon you Reds!!!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Kewell has stunk the place out, you need to get him off and stick on Sinama, also Traore's pass completion rate must be under 10%, Nunez looks a bit iffy as well if you ask me.

·
63,337 Posts
you should thank me for slagging your players as they started playing better since my slaggingsl.

great goal from Gerrard, probably a sweeter hit than his one last week. :thmbup:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Your team had chances to wrap up the game.Unlike United yesterday when we played well in the first half and were piss poor in the second,you lot actually picked up in the second half.

Dudek cannot be blamed too much for the goal cause I don't think O'Neil meant it when he crossed the ball.Would have taken any GK by surprise and unfortunately Dudek's palm out fell kindly for LuaLua.

·
63,337 Posts
Lua-Lua was possibly the worst player on the pitch, everything he did was atrocious and then he scores, that's life.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Very hard result to deal with. Liverpool definitely deserved the 3 points. I keep hoping our turning point comes. Here's to hoping that this weekend will be it.

-Scott

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Lua-Lua was possibly the worst player on the pitch, everything he did was atrocious and then he scores, that's life.
Actually thats LuaLua!:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts