Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Liverpool v Everton
In recent years there has not been much more than local pride at stake when Liverpool and Everton have locked horns in the Merseyside derby...

But times they are a changing.

The Blues' renaissance under David Moyes is well and truly under way and they are no strangers to finishing above the Reds - they secured fourth place in Rafa's first season at Anfield in the 2004/05 season.

This year there is a similar situation developing at the top, as we battle it out with Everton for the fourth and final Champions League spot.

Many believe the result of the 207th Merseyside derby will go some way to determining who takes their place amongst Europe's elite, although that wasn't the case back in 2005 when the Reds won 2-1 at Anfield but ended up finishing fifth.

Liverpool have already beaten the Blues this season after Dirk Kuyt's double from the penalty-spot clinched a 2-1 success and they will be aiming to send Moyes and his men home empty-handed on this occasion, to secure not only the double over their nearest rivals, but also a psychological edge in the race for fourth.​

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Biggest game of the season for me, the bitters at home. :happy:

Losing to the scum has took the edge off it for me now though, can't really get excited about it. Absolutely must win though.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
I`d like to see this form in this game :

-------------Reina-----
Arbeloa --- Carra---Skrtel ----Riise
----------------Alonso---------------
Pennant ---Gerrard -------Babel ---
-----------Torres ----------------
----------------------Nemeth :hopeful:-----

this game will be at home and no way to lose it .. for me it`s more than the 4th position . i would love to beat them twice a season . :D

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Lucas won`t be an offensive factor.. we need someone who adds to our attack .

there is a possibility to see him start .. if we start as :

Gera -- Lucas -- Alonso -- Babel

otherwise he will start in the bench .

·
Registered
996 Posts
Torres may not play in this derby due to injury :wallbang:
He started for Spain didn't he? I had heard about an injury after the Man U match but then I saw that he played for Spain. Did he pick up an injury playing against Italy?

-Scott

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
I think he'll play. With Masch suspended and Momo now gone I do fear our midfields lack of an enforcer might hinder us in this match. Gerrard has really lost the intensity in his game in the past few years and this season e just see the footballer Gerrard but not Gerrard the fighter, he needs to step up and start adding fire to his game again, at OT his football wasn't there but in the past he had the fire and intensity to make up for it, however he didn't have it at OT and you saw players take advantage of it. He needs to be more of a bastard, that doesn't mean go and [email protected] someone like Carsley and get sent off but be able to handle the fight and to give and dish some.

The style of the Derby is the one reason I have doubts over Lucas' participation from start to finish. I do hope whoever plays are up for it and can fight as much because thats half the match won there. We need to trust in our football as well, having just fire in the belly won't be enough and can be a hindrance if we lose our cool. So we need to move the ball fast and use the wings. Also not to concern ourselves with the rough treatment too much, sure the ref may let a lot of things slide and we can have a right to argue but we saw last week that the right to argue can affect the overall result, so we need to do whats best and that is to just stand up and let the football reply to thre butchers and destroyers.

First goal is imperative and the ability to really start off with a high intensity. :hopeful:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
yup ,
the first goal will be so important and if we score in 1st half , i think we `ll be able to score more . i predict who will score first will win this derby :pp .
but , there will not be many goals in this game . :)

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
If Masch and Torres both don't play I think Everton have perhaps their best chance in recent years to beat you.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
If Masch and Torres both don't play I think Everton have perhaps their best chance in recent years to beat you.
how does it that ?
how many times beat us in recent years ?

there is no doubt Torres and Mascherano have huge impact but we have to trust our available players who will start this game .

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
how many times beat us in recent years ?
awww, come on man, you sure remember.

1-0 carsley, that season we finished 4th and of course the marvelous, unforgettable, 3-0 with reina playing volleyball.

a red mate i met yesterday said torres is gonna play.

to a good game and a blue win. ;)

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
3-2

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
awww, come on man, you sure remember.

1-0 carsley, that season we finished 4th and of course the marvelous, unforgettable, 3-0 with reina playing volleyball.

a red mate i met yesterday said torres is gonna play.

to a good game and a blue win. ;)
how are you ... why don`t you put Genoa name next to your teams ? ;) :pp

wait .. :D.. but i did remember your win which was last season i think :wth:

but , i remembered the last game very well when liverpool taught you a very good lesson and won by Kuyt`s goals .

have you forgot it ? :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts