Xtratime Community banner

OMT: Fulham v Liverpool @Craven Cottage 19th Apr 15:00 GMT - Fixture 34

756 views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  Mutu 
#1 ·

Fulham v Liverpool

Liverpool travel to Fulham hoping to extend their advantage in the race for fourth place ahead of Tuesday's crucial Champions League semi-final with Chelsea.

The Reds have been in fine form of late and will be aiming to complete the double over Roy Hodgson's side after beating them 2-0 at Anfield earlier in the season (when Lawrie sanchez was at the helm).

But Rafa and co will have to be wary as the Londoners need all the points they can get as they teeter on the brink of relegation to the Championship, and former Red Danny Murphy will have the added incentive of getting one over on his old club.

If Liverpool can remain focused and play their normal game, they should pick up the points that will see them go some way to confirming fourth place and Champions League football at Anfield for next season.​

See less See more
#8 ·
well , today everton v chelski .. Rafa said on LFC tv that if everton lose this game then , he may use some of our reserve team in the next game which will be against fulham .. of course fans eyes are towards players such as nemeth , insua and plessis in particular . :)

but , do you think Rafa will really do it and start them ?
i don`t know if i should consider this thing as a promise from him or not :pp

#15 ·
I wouldn't be over confident.. Craven Cottage has rarely been a good hunting ground for us.. and Fulham are fighting for their lives..

Now I agree we should rest some of the regulars (although I'll take a hell of a hit in the fantasy league I'm in! :D).. but I'd be careful about how many I rest.. and who.. here's how I think we'll play:

Reina (90% chance), Itandje (10% chance)

Arbeloa, Hyypia, Skrtel, Insua

Pennant, Lucas, Plessis (60%) or Xabi (40%), Riise

Crouch, Voronin

Maybe some of the kids will be on the bench (San Jose as an example).. but I don't think Rafa would gamble more than that.. he'll go in with more of the 2nd string than the young lads..

From Fulham's side.. McBride's return is a worry.. he has a good eye for goal.. i watched chunks of the game against Reading and Bullard, McBride and co. were actually playing some decent footie..

If we win, we're 8 points clear of Everton.. with 3 games to go meaning it'd require a disaster for us to lose out on 4th spot.. but I remember last year's game at Craven Cottage where we were in the same spot.. going for the CL.. and towards the end of the season.. and Rafa went for a make shift formation.. I think it ended 1-0 to Fulham (Dempsey scoring).. but we were no where near being a danger to the Fulham goal (Kewell had the best chance on his return from injury).. so I'm a bit worried..

#16 ·
Peter Crouch and Andriy Voronin will lead the line for Liverpool at Craven Cottage this afternoon.
Meanwhile, Sami Hyypia has been named captain on his 300th league appearance for the club.

The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Skrtel, Riise, Benayoun, Pennant, Mascherano, Lucas, Voronin, Crouch. Subs: Itandje, Torres, Aurelio, Alonso, Carragher.
Line up is a joke, not even going to bother watching the game. Not one fucking youngster:rolleyes:

#31 ·
What the f**k are you talking about?

It's amazing how everyone hates Voronin so much. Never before have I witnessed a Liverpool player get so much unwarranted criticism, from his own fans. No doubt if we bought him for 10 million everyone would be leaving him messages on myspace offering encouragement.

He was decent today. His off the ball movement is far better than both Kuyt and Crouch, and he has much more of a footballing brain than Kuyt.

#28 · (Edited)
2-0 Full Time

Reina-7-Looked composed and positioning was brilliant
Finna-7-Defended really well
Hyypia-6-Only played a half taken off for knock
Skrtel-7-Solid had hardly anything to do
Carragher-6-Solid
Riise-6-Linked up alright had a decent game
Pennant-8-Constant problem for them took the goal well and helped in defence
Benayoun-6-Was really quite
Mascherano-7-Played well breaking up Fulham attacks and even starting a few break aways himself. In the end of a few rough challenges.
Lucas-8-My MOTM
Voronin-6-Hardly involved but played alright
Aurelio-5-Not on for long enough
Alonso-5-Ditto
Crouch-7-Solid took goal well but keeper should have saved.

#29 ·
congratulation to all lfc fans . i think the new form for the team did a very good didn`t suffer to gain the 3 pts .. it was a bit boring game with some chances for both sides .
good to see some players took a real chance such as lucas , yossi , pennant , crouch and voronin and at the same time we rested other players for the cl . :)

#30 ·
I'm happy that this 'joke' of a line up actually did well..

Sorry Aggy but I think this team wasn't a joke at all.. yes, they would be second best to Arsenal, Man U and co... but I think they showed that they were solid against a Fulham side battling against relegation..

I thought Skrtel did very well.. same for Masch & Lucas.. Voronin moves around really well.. but his finishing has a lot to be desired of.. and he keeps trying to go for the spectacular.. Crouchie's heading was better than normal.. and Yossi's intelligence was excellent.. For what is being called our 2nd string.. they did us proud..

We're 8 points clear of the blue noses.. meaning we need a point from our last 3 games to secure 4th.. hope we get it then give some of the lads a breather..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.