Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Fulham v Liverpool

Liverpool travel to Fulham hoping to extend their advantage in the race for fourth place ahead of Tuesday's crucial Champions League semi-final with Chelsea.

The Reds have been in fine form of late and will be aiming to complete the double over Roy Hodgson's side after beating them 2-0 at Anfield earlier in the season (when Lawrie sanchez was at the helm).

But Rafa and co will have to be wary as the Londoners need all the points they can get as they teeter on the brink of relegation to the Championship, and former Red Danny Murphy will have the added incentive of getting one over on his old club.

If Liverpool can remain focused and play their normal game, they should pick up the points that will see them go some way to confirming fourth place and Champions League football at Anfield for next season.​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know, just want to know if we can finally claim 4th for us and see some youngsters like Nemeth and Insua...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,302 Posts
well , today everton v chelski .. Rafa said on LFC tv that if everton lose this game then , he may use some of our reserve team in the next game which will be against fulham .. of course fans eyes are towards players such as nemeth , insua and plessis in particular . :)

but , do you think Rafa will really do it and start them ?
i don`t know if i should consider this thing as a promise from him or not :pp
 

·
Premier Player
Joined
·
5,940 Posts
I wouldn't be over confident.. Craven Cottage has rarely been a good hunting ground for us.. and Fulham are fighting for their lives..

Now I agree we should rest some of the regulars (although I'll take a hell of a hit in the fantasy league I'm in! :D).. but I'd be careful about how many I rest.. and who.. here's how I think we'll play:

Reina (90% chance), Itandje (10% chance)

Arbeloa, Hyypia, Skrtel, Insua

Pennant, Lucas, Plessis (60%) or Xabi (40%), Riise

Crouch, Voronin

Maybe some of the kids will be on the bench (San Jose as an example).. but I don't think Rafa would gamble more than that.. he'll go in with more of the 2nd string than the young lads..

From Fulham's side.. McBride's return is a worry.. he has a good eye for goal.. i watched chunks of the game against Reading and Bullard, McBride and co. were actually playing some decent footie..

If we win, we're 8 points clear of Everton.. with 3 games to go meaning it'd require a disaster for us to lose out on 4th spot.. but I remember last year's game at Craven Cottage where we were in the same spot.. going for the CL.. and towards the end of the season.. and Rafa went for a make shift formation.. I think it ended 1-0 to Fulham (Dempsey scoring).. but we were no where near being a danger to the Fulham goal (Kewell had the best chance on his return from injury).. so I'm a bit worried..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,622 Posts
Peter Crouch and Andriy Voronin will lead the line for Liverpool at Craven Cottage this afternoon.
Meanwhile, Sami Hyypia has been named captain on his 300th league appearance for the club.

The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Skrtel, Riise, Benayoun, Pennant, Mascherano, Lucas, Voronin, Crouch. Subs: Itandje, Torres, Aurelio, Alonso, Carragher.
Line up is a joke, not even going to bother watching the game. Not one fucking youngster:rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,302 Posts
what a brilliant goal by Pennant and good pass from Lucas . ;)



after 20 minutes .. and it still 0-1

GO LIVERPOOL .. :star: :fero:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,302 Posts
30 minutes so far . the reds have more possession .

i think there is only one chance for Fulham at the minute of 29 , otherwise liverpool have more chances and able to score more goals .. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40,302 Posts
pennant is doing a wonderful game till now . he seems hungry to prove himself again ..any attack starting from him .
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top