1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Birmingham-----LIVERPOOL

Venue: St Andrews​

---SQUADS-----------------------------------------------------------​
Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Kromkamp, Carragher, Hyypia, Agger, Warnock, Traore, Luis Garcia, Alonso, Hamann, Kewell, Morientes, Crouch, Cisse, Dudek.

Birmingham (from): Maik Taylor, Melchiot, Cunningham, Martin Taylor, Clapham, Pennant, Johnson, Butt, Lazaridis, Heskey, Kilkenny, Forssell, Vaesen, Tebily, Clemence, Dunn, Jarosik, Painter, Latka.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
LIVERPOOL TEAM

4-2-3-1

-------------------Reina--------------------
Finnan---Carragher--Hyypia---Traore
----------------------------------------------
-------------Momo-------Xabi------------
--Gerrard-----Luis Garcia-------Riise--
------------------Crouch-----------------

Liverpool have recently started to regain momentum since with a positive wins and performance which yielded some much needed goals :cool:, the momentum needs to be continued on a permanent basis, the following run of fixtures can really shape our season, so we need to build momentum and continuing winning. Playing at away we need to be tough and take the iniative from the start, play high tempo and deadly infront of goal, step forward Robbie Fowler
, he has returned (got his first goal of his 2nd stint, hopefully first of many) and now is needed now more than ever. We need to cut out mistakes stop conceding goals and build up on a winning run again, as we are entering a tough glut of fixtures which can swing our season. We also need to keep close in our battle for 2nd place aswell as giving ourselves a chance at the FA Cup, beating the blues will announce be a MASSIVE win both in terms of the momentum we can reap and which we can use in the league. The final pass and finishing needs to be worked on as well as the creative part of our game, no doubt Rafa will have spotted it and will work on this, hopefully it pays dividends on the pitch
  • Rafa has stated now that he has a fully fit-esque squad for a sustained period in his Anfield tenure, though Bolo is out for the season, hard luck as he was finding form. Garcia was missed, his goal presence and movement is really important for a Liverpool team who has strikers who contribute very little at this current moment
    . Xabi was suspeneded and in recent weeks has recovered to something near his known level of performance.
  • The strikers are unpredicatable as always
    , Morientes has lost his feet and seems to become less effective game by game. When Crouch plays we focus on long balls
    and the game goes by Moro, who is less effective as he cannot link play. Cisse is the unpredictable one, he can do some awesome things then miss a one on one sitter, but his pace and his enthusiasm and the fact he's the most dangerous striker suggest he should play. Fowler
    is our hope for goals, plus his fitness is starting to get better and Rafa has stated he sees Fowler as an impact player off the bench and possibly as a starter. Fowler's impac tin the fulham goal was massive, his goal and his contribution in the play using his intelligent play was a key part of our winning performance, this is an ideal situation fixture for our other strikers to rise to the occasion and start to score more goals
  • The importance of a win are high, considering the league is taking a rigid shape and we want to advance us to the semi's of the cup and also gain momentum a win would allow for us to keep some pressure on 2nd place, we had momentum and I'd love for us to sustain that again. We are third and if we win can closer to second
    this would atleast show we're competing again.
  • A key part of us winning this match will be the defence, we have nineteen clean sheets in EPL a greater tally than what we had in EPL all last season, we should try and build upon that though we've started to make mistakes, if we cut out the defensive mistakes we can build on that as a foundation and go for the win. We need to stop the recent habit of conceding goals.
  • We havent had a 5 game+ winning run in EPL for a long time prior to this season
    I can't remember when we went on a major winning run last (2003?), but hopefully this can be a foundation and we can win and build momentum and go up the league.
  • We can win this match, though it will be tough, we'll need to be at our best. Being intense and strong from the start will allow for us to gain a foothold in the game, then we need to take our chances, because they will not be at a premium, we need to be solid and cut out defensive mistakes and take our chances when they come, then hopefully we'd win. Though this is a statement of the obvious
COME ON REDMEN!!!!!
YNWA!!!!!

INJURY FRONT for LIVERPOOL
Bolo Zenden- Out for a month, with a knee injury or something, really harsh as he was starting to find some good form forL:iverpool, hopefully i's a quick recovery

Mohamed Sissoko- BACK!!!!! :D

John Arne Riise- BACK!!!!! :D
THE INJURY FRONT :D:pp

COME ON REDMEN!!!!!
YNWA

·
Registered
746 Posts
We should have no problems in our current form, but freaky things happen in the fa cup!!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
birmingham are a terrible bogey team for liverpool ,I don't think we have beaten them since rafa has been in charge ,it doesn't matter how crap they are they will still give us a game ,pennant will play brilliant and to make it worse the game is away.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
exactly, when we played them at Anfield it was soooo one sided it was unbelievable then they got a lucky OG, we havent beaten them under Rafa although we should have in reality, hopefully we set the record set in FA Cup just like we did in the previous round. :)

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here's something interesting, do we stick with this new 3-4-3 or do we go 4-4-2/ 4-2-3-1. I think we'll go back to a back 4 with probably Crouch and Morientes palying upfront with Garcia to the right.

---------Reina---------
KK/Finnan-Carra-Sami-Traore
---------Xabi---Gerrard----
---Garcia---Moro----Harold
----------Crouch---------

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Let's take this one home (not literally, i'm not hoping for a replay :D), semi finals is always huge and it's been too long since we've been there. not since our last cup. :googly:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this match will not have any replays Raan, the fa in there wisdowm in attemtpting to help sex organ erection :D have decided to shorten the calendar so the Q/Finals will be a single fixture that can go all the way too penalties :eekani:

I hope to be going to this game, I've got lots of work this week, but hopefully can make some time. :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
arfy05 said:
this match will not have any replays Raan, the fa in there wisdowm in attemtpting to help sex organ erection :D have decided to shorten the calendar so the Q/Finals will be a single fixture that can go all the way too penalties :eekani:

I hope to be going to this game, I've got lots of work this week, but hopefully can make some time. :D
wtf?
change the rules for one fixture? How stupid. Oh well better that way, this ensures we will play for the win like we can and should do come on you reds!!!!!!!

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Well my worry is on that left back spot.. Warnock got knocked a bit by Ramage in the Newcastle game.. so I'd guess Traore would get the nod..

I wouldn't mind seeing the same formation as the Newcastle game.. with Xabi in for Hamann.. I like the idea of Kromkamp as the wing back.. and Cisse although some times frustrating plays better when he gets a full game (rather than the 10 minute cameo role).. give him the chance to prove his worth rather than Moro who I believe has had more than the chances he deserves..

·
Registered
746 Posts
BIRMINGHAM CITY v LIVERPOOL

Liverpool's record in the F.A.Cup:

Pld. 387 Won: 205 Drawn: 86 Lost: 96 Goals For: 626 Against: 363.

FA Cup head to head: Pld 8, Liverpool 6 wins, Birmingham 1 win, 1 draw.

Previous FA Cup meetings:

1906-07 Rnd 1 Liverpool 2 Birmingham 1.
1919-20 Rnd 3 Liverpool 2 Birmingham 0.
1924-25 Rnd 3 Liverpool 2 Birmingham 1.
1930-31 Rnd 3 Liverpool 0 Birmingham 2.
1946-47 Rnd 6 Liverpool 4 Birmingham 1.
1994-95 Rnd 3 Birmingham 0 Liverpool 0.
Replay Liverpool 1 Birmingham 1 (Liverpool won 2-0 on penalties).
2001-02 Rnd 3 Liverpool 3 Birmingham 0.

·
Registered
747 Posts
We have to win, I hope the strikers carry the form over to this match that they've acquired from the past 2 league wins against Fulham and Newcastle (and for Fowler his goal against Wigan Reseverves should be a lift for his confidence).

C'mon Anfield!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm just worried about Pennant, he stands out the most in Birmingham, he might cause chaos on our left side :undecide:

·
Registered
163 Posts
we should be ok down the left side with stevie warnock :thumbsup:
Liverpool to win 2-0 Cisse and Morientes :thumbsup:
my starting line up would be:

---------------------------Reina-------------------------------------
Finnan----------Carra--------------Agger------------------Warnock

-----------------------Alonso---------Gerrard-------------------------

Garcia -------------------------------------------------------Kewell

----------------Cisse-------------------Morientes--------------------

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
sissoko back in the squad ,and maybe even the team ? now that would be a huge shock and quite emotional for the lad ,thats the rumours doing the rounds anyway :thumbsup:

--------------------------Reina

Finnan---------Hyypia-------------Carra---------Riise

Gerrard............Momo............Alonso..................Kewell

.....................Crouch--------Morientes

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
MATCH PREVIEW DONE:D:D:D:D:D

LIVERPOOL Starting XI

---------Pepe----------
-Finnan--Carra-Sami-Traore-