Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
International
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the few trophies which we have a theoretical (Thanks zico) chance of winning.

For Paw's prediction league, click here.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
in the 2002 season, we went out to Arsenal at Highbury if I'm not mistaken, the match that had that infamous incident, Carragher throwing back a coin at the crowd, last season, we somehow managed to get a replay at Anfield after drawing with C. Palace away (a match we SHOULD have won), they won the replay at anfield :mad:, and that was in the 4th round as well,
this season we have to play against our main contender (sp?) for that 4th spot, in the 4th round (maybe we should change the name of the forum from Liverpool to 4th, as everything that has to do with the team has something to do with # 4 :tongue: )

seriously, I don't expect an entertaining game, a 1-0 boring win, and the lone goal scored by St. Mike, and I'd be satisfied,
but since the Liverpool - Newcastle fixture has been tradiotionally exciting with lots of goals, than I predict us winning 3-2, in extra time :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
liverpool4ever said:
[BI predict us winning 3-2, in extra time :) [/B]
There wouldn't be extra-time if we end in a draw. We will go to St James for another game and GH will cite fatigue as an excuse when we lose to Birmingham.:D

paw;)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
the big guns are back and they should deliver! no excuse! we must win.......!:fero:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
NUFC: Given, Harper, Hughes, Bernard, Griffin, Woodgate, O'Brien, Bramble, Speed, Robert, Jenas, Solano, Viana, Ambrose, Shearer, Dyer, Ameobi, Chopra.
*Bellamy and Bowyer are back in full training but aren't being risked.
*Woodgate is passed fit after calf, back and hamstring soreness.

I think we're at least worth a replay.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
dyertribe said:
I think we're at least worth a replay.
I would be more optimistic than that considering all things.

Unpredictable match i think.Dont know whether there will be some decent football at Anfield for a change or if it will be the usual.Result wise i feel we could be in for a royal hiding.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Another one that is difficult to predict, Newcastle got a draw the last time they came to Anfield if I'm not mistaken. One thing I can say though is that after queueing for nearly two hours in the freezing cold, I'm be bloody pissed off if the result is anything but a 3-0 walkover! :D

Hope we go with this XI:

--------------------------Dudek---------------------------

Finnan-------Henchoz-------Hyypia-------Carragher

------------------------Hamann---------------------------

---------Murphy-------Gerrard-------Kewell-----------

-------------Heskey------------Owen--------------------

Murphy and Carragher could be swapped for Riise and Cheyrou/Smicer depending on fitness but the rest should be definites.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Our Matchday Squad: Dudek, Finnan, Henchoz, Hyypia, Carragher, Kewell, Cheyrou, Murphy, Hamann, Gerrard, Biscan, Traore, Heskey, Owen, Jones, Riise, Le Tallec, Welsh, Otsemobor.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Yes bloody brilliant.Cheyzou with a brace ;)

Cheyrou in the second minute with a left footed shot on the edge of the box.Robert in the 3rd or 4th from a freekick that if Dudek stayed still he would of saved.Cheyrou i forget when with a header after a Gerrard cross from the left.Brilliant, Carra played great and even won a corner and had a shot, Finnan offered width and was great aswell.Pretty even 1st half Geordies edged it maybe, Second half we played them off the park until the last 10 minutes with expected onslaught that always seems to happen to us.Le Tallec came on for Heskey at HT and played well.Hamann got a kick in the head from Woodgate and played with a rag in his mouth and i think he's lost teeth.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Hamman was very brave,he could see Woodgate was going to kick him in the face but carried on just to stop the danger :thumbsup:

good second half show from Liverpool :star:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
King of the Kop said:
I would put Cheyrou in for Murphy, other than that your lineup is the best possible i think.
Good call! :D

Bloody brilliant game! Best atmosphere there's been on the Kop this season for me.

Great to see Bruno finally starting to live upto some of his potential and his runs from midfield into the box that have got his four goals have been timed to perfection.

The best thing about the match that I saw was the defence. Looked watertight and Hyypia and Henchoz never gave Shearer a second, and with the help of Didi, Dyer never got any space running at the defence. Like you say KOTK, Finnan and Carragher were just brilliant, Finnan offered us more going forward that any right midfielder has since Diouf at the start of the season. Carragher was solid in defence and powerful in the tackle, he also got forward which was a welcome change. :thumbsup:

All I can say is that if we can keep this XI fit and finally get a settled defence with Didi and Gerrard in front we'll go a long way in the Cup.

MOTM: Cheyrou for his match winning runs into the box and overall top workrate in attack and defence. :star:

Bring on the Toffees! :fero:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Maybe KOTK should advise GH on some team selection issues.:D

paw;)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I didn't watch the game for I expected us to get a poor result and it is simply not worth it for the sleep.:eek: But I was pleasantly surprised and wrong. For one, I saw match reports that we were hungry, more so than Newcastle. For another, we looked (from reports) that we were throwing everything forward while Newcastle sat back. For yet another, GH threw in Le Tallac in Heskey's place and paid dividents. Of course, Cheryou started which mattered from the 2nd minute. Nonetheless, we needed to win and won.

It sure will give the team more confidence, beating fellow 4th place contenders. :)

Just watch... We will promptly screw up against Toffees (not that I am hoping.:D)

paw;)

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
paw said:
Maybe KOTK should advise GH on some team selection issues.:D

paw;)
anyone with half a tactical brain could figure that one out ;)

haha i'm kidding. but seriously we could see Cheyrou has lots more to offer than Murphy

1 - 20 of 59 Posts