Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

STOKE CITY V LIVERPOOL

The last time Liverpool visited Stoke's Britannia Stadium we came away with an emphatic triumph.

That was back in 2000 when we thumped the Potters 8-0 on our way to securing the Worthington Cup in Cardiff.

Such a one-sided scoreline may be much harder to come by this time around, but with Liverpool looking to sustain their challenge at the top, they will need to hit the goal trail once again, if they are to avoid a similar disappointment to the one we endured when Stoke visited Anfield back in September.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
we are the favourite side to win this game in addition that it is a must win.
i think most of our players will be available in this game. :)

i don`t forget that our main rivals this season (chelsea vs manutd) will be next sunday. let us hope for a draw. .:hopeful:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Hopefully we have better luck breaking these ***** down then we did at Anfield, we seem to be creating more clear cut chances now which is good but Keane can't finish his dinner and I wouldn't risk Torres against these butchers.

Be interesting to see if Insua retains his place with Aurelio back, considering he is 5 foot nothing and Stoke are made up of 6 foot bruisers. Expect the rest of the defence to stay the same.

Same midfield and attack for me ( if Alonso and Mascherano are fit), with either Benayoun or Kuyt coming in for Babel. Personally I'd say it would be Benayoun, I think his craft and inventiveness could be key here. Maybe bring Kuyt in for Keane as the lone striker, it worked against Newcastle and Keane clearly has zero confidence in front of goal right now.

A win here is a must considering one or both of United and Chelsea will drop points.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Hopefully we have better luck breaking these ***** down then we did at Anfield, we seem to be creating more clear cut chances now which is good but Keane can't finish his dinner and I wouldn't risk Torres against these butchers.

Be interesting to see if Insua retains his place with Aurelio back, considering he is 5 foot nothing and Stoke are made up of 6 foot bruisers. Expect the rest of the defence to stay the same.

Same midfield and attack for me ( if Alonso and Mascherano are fit), with either Benayoun or Kuyt coming in for Babel. Personally I'd say it would be Benayoun, I think his craft and inventiveness could be key here. Maybe bring Kuyt in for Keane as the lone striker, it worked against Newcastle and Keane clearly has zero confidence in front of goal right now.

A win here is a must considering one or both of United and Chelsea will drop points.
I think we should fare better playing away to teams like this rather than at anfield, they will have to have an intention other than parking the bus especially being at home, as soon as they come at us we'll hit them on the break. Need to win this game.

As for Keane I don't know what to make of him, its obvious he has quality, that goal against arsenal for example but then he misses the easiest of chances, his display against preston took the piss,I was hoping that goal against arsenal would be his defining moment when he went on a goalscoring roll for the rest of the season.

Strange strange player that robbie lad but I like him.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i like this form to start it.

Reina

Carra
Hyypia
Agger
Aurelio

Mascherano
Lucas

Kuyt
Gerrard
Riera

Torres

============
the 3 pts.. :hopeful:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Torres from the start? I think its to early for him, we don't wanna risk another injury, and especially playing him against all those 6 footers!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
1-4

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Martin Skrtel makes his first start since October as Liverpool look to move six points clear with victory at Stoke City. Listen live from 5pm GMT.
The centre back comes into the side in place of Daniel Agger as Rafael Benitez makes six changes from the side that beat Preston in the FA Cup.

Dirk Kuyt, Pepe Reina, Fabio Aurelio, Yossi Benayoun and Lucas Leiva also return.

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Carragher, Aurelio, Hyypia, Skrtel, Mascherano, Lucas, Benayoun, Riera, Gerrard, Kuyt. Subs: Cavalieri, Keane, Torres, Dossena, Babel, Plessis, El Zhar.

----------

No Agger...!

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Every single player has been awful especially Carragher. I hope we get Keane and Torres on for the second half.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Every single player has been awful especially Carragher. I hope we get Keane and Torres on for the second half.
Carra worse then Lucas?

I dont think so.

Benitez's starting 11 tell's me he is worried about delaps throw ins and stokes punting, then has confidence in his own team to score more.

why does he tinker so much:yuck:

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Carra worse then Lucas?

I dont think so.

Benitez's starting 11 tell's me he is worried about delaps throw ins and stokes punting, then has confidence in his own team to score more.

why does he tinker so much:yuck:
Carragher has been awful. Every time he touches the ball it goes out of play. Gerrard has been invisible though i don't blame him, Mascherano's just very lethargic.

And can you please stop with the boring tinkering shite. The team put out was very similar to the one v Newcastle. I bet you weren't complaining then.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
This match is basically Liverpool without Alonso. Easily you most important player.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts