Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so after our draw against tottenham, bolton is one point ahead of us and Everton can potentially jump 6 points ahead if they defeat ManU. Things aren't looking that great point wise but i'm sure the boys can do it.

Pompey has a new manager in Perrin who drew with Birmingham City this weekend. They are currently 15th.

It's there for the taking, and even though we've always had trouble with Redknapps teams, he's no longer running Pompey so we have to win. After a promising display against Tottenham we'll be wanting more of the same on wednesday night.

Cisse and Alonso are almost back to full health which gives us many more "possibilities" ;)

Milan Baros I believe still has one more match to serve in his 3 match ban for that stupid tackle on Stubbs back in March.

Predicted Lineup

--------Dudek----
Finnan-Hyypia-Carra-Traore
Nunez-Gerrard-Alonso-Riise
-------Garcia---------
--------Morientes-----

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
Everton can potentially jump 6 points ahead if they defeat Arsenal.
mmmm :googly: highly task.....hope they back with nuthing against arsenal :excited: :excited:

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alonso is looking sharp though. They're on their way I guess.

Ps. They are playing Manutd on the 20th, not Arsenal, they were to play Arsenal this weekend but that was postponed due to FA CUp

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we've got on fine without him before.

Dont' get me wrong I think he is great but he doesn't fit into the system that well.
Since the beginning of the season we've wanted him to be more a team player but he hasnt' taken teh chances.
That said, I'd love for him to come off his high chair and start keepin his head up

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
we've got on fine without him before.

Dont' get me wrong I think he is great but he doesn't fit into the system that well.
Since the beginning of the season we've wanted him to be more a team player but he hasnt' taken teh chances.
That said, I'd love for him to come off his high chair and start keepin his head up
Yeah I understand you loud and clear. But he truly has the GREAT SKILLS of a striker. Did you guys see what he did in the EURO 2004 for the Czech Republic? :thmbup:

One word: WOW
That's why he's my favorite player

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yerevan United said:
Yeah I understand you loud and clear. But he truly has the GREAT SKILLS of a striker. Did you guys see what he did in the EURO 2004 for the Czech Republic? :thmbup:

Agree, about the skills

But Have you seen what he's done AFTER the EURO2004 for the CzechRepublic? :(

Scoring some but missing many others.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Yerevan United said:

he fluffs his lines and never lifts his head up, he's a muppet and he can piss off in the summer for less then 10 million as far as Im concerned.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
I'm still upset at that last-gasp draw at Anfield with Pompey, and I hope that our European side appears in the EPL for a change..
Winnable game, but might not be easy, but at least Harry Redknapp is not in charge anymore :)

COME ON REDS! :boxing:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
reddddddddddds.......3 points from this match......plzzzzzzzzz :strong: :strong:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Baros back from his suspension tonight. He got it in the Everton-game right? After that Liverpool has played: Bolton, Man City and Tottenhem.

I think he's playing. And for the first time in a ages Benitez has several forwards to choose from. I wonder if Cissé is ready to be in the starting 11?

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
skamen said:
Why is Gerrard on the bench? Does he have a minor injury again or something?

-Scott
Probably needs a breather, don't blame Rafa, i think he's a bit fatigued mentally.

Fernando with the opener! 4' with his right foot from point blank

1 - 20 of 33 Posts