Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
off the offal

Liverpool make the short trip to Manchester for their 500th Premier League match to face a City side playing well under new manager Stuart Pearce.

Only a late equaliser from Charlton prevented Manchester City from getting their first win under Pearce as the match ended in a 2-2 draw last week.

Liverpool will come up against a former hero in Robbie Fowler and will be hoping he has a rare off day in front of goal.

With Everton not playing until Sunday this gives Liverpool a great incentive to beat City and go fourth in the Premiership. Even if Liverpool were to draw the Reds would still go fourth as they have a better goal difference.

At the start of this season Liverpool came from a goal down to beat City 2-1 with Steven Gerrard scoring the winner.

Last season at the City of Manchester Stadium Liverpool drew 2-2 when Fowler, of all people, scored an injury time equaliser.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I went to the home game missed Baros's

Anyways hopefully some more of the same, won't be easy what with all the injuries, but we should hopefully win and keep the pressure on the bitters.

Alonso isn't in the squad for the game is he?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
www.liverpoolfc.tv said:
PELLE AND NANDO BACK FOR REDS AT CITY
Mark Platt 09 April 2005
Mauricio Pellegrino and Fernando Morientes have been recalled to the Liverpool starting eleven for this afternoon's vital FA Barclays Premiership clash at Manchester City.
The pair were ineligible for Tuesday's Champions League tie against Juventus and they come back into the side at the expense of Sami Hyypia and the suspended Milan Baros.

The only other change made by Rafael Benitez is at left-back where Stephen Warnock replaces Djimi Traore.

Team in full: Carson, Warnock, Finnan, Carragher, Pellegrino, Gerrard, Biscan, Riise, Garcia, Le Tallec, Morientes. Subs - Dudek, Hyypia, Smicer, Traore, Welsh.
I'm liking the side Rafa has stuck by Carson and shown faith in Pellegrino's recent from by dropping Hyypia despite his goal against Juve. Good to see Warnock and Morientes back also, I really feel that Warnock can make that left back slot his own if he gets a decent run of games.

COME ON REDMEN!

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Unfortunatly I can't watch the match but from what I can tell Warnock and Carson have been our best players from a pretty poor first half, looks like Warnock is going to be a top notch left back for us IMO.

Oh yeah it's 0-0 at half time :D

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
And 1-0 at full time.

I don't get why Benitez brought Morientes off and put a midfielder on. Seemed really odd. What did you think of that?

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Well, all I know is that we played bad (as is the case in our league games recently).

Congratulations TGO on the win, don't know if it was well-deserved or not, but nevertheless, congrats on the first win under Pearce, read the fans gave him a standing ovation, he was quite a good player, too bad he didn't manage to score 100 goals (remember he missed a penalty in his last game, tough :eek: )

And about Rafa's decisions, I don't know, he made similar decisions in the CL game vs. Juve but we were 2-0 up, today such move was weird, but it could be that Mori was still suffering from his injury & due to not having any fit or available & recognizable strikers he put on a midfielder.

Anyway, wishing for the best in Turin for us :angel:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Surprising result ! :eek:

But Liverpool's line-up wasn't the best either, it's kinda unbalance.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
But Liverpool's line-up wasn't the best either,

ya i agree wif u :drunk: :drunk:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Wonder how long untill people turn on Morinetes?

People are quick to jump on Baros but he's playing no worse then El Moro, some of our players need to pull finger out their arse and start working for their pay check, only a few players can hold their head up high today e.g. Carson, Warnock etc.

·
Banned
130 Posts
What a bloody joke, everytime city attacked they caused trouble, cant this bunch of muppets learn to draw matches FFS, PATHETIC.

its all and nothing with these big time charlies, many should leave in the summer, you would think at some point this season we would put a run together of several games unbeaten ala 4wins 3draws or even 5 wins and 2 draws, its not impossible, yet this team just cant do it.

blow 4th and rafa can sell anyone he wants, it wasnt tactics that lost us the game it was lazyness and unprofessionalism by the players

·
Registered
302 Posts
Kyro the Red said:
What a bloody joke, everytime city attacked they caused trouble, cant this bunch of muppets learn to draw matches FFS, PATHETIC.

its all and nothing with these big time charlies, many should leave in the summer, you would think at some point this season we would put a run together of several games unbeaten ala 4wins 3draws or even 5 wins and 2 draws, its not impossible, yet this team just cant do it.

blow 4th and rafa can sell anyone he wants, it wasnt tactics that lost us the game it was lazyness and unprofessionalism by the players

Well said. None of these players look like they care when they play away. Its like they need Anfield to get their tails up. What poor finishing by Gerrard on his chance in the 2nd half.

Well done to Scott Carson, Riise and the back four, but where was the rest of the team?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Kyro the Red said:
I would only except the 30 million if Raffa could get the likes of Ballack and Vincente as replacements

ballack??? nice suggestion.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Get ballack, and bring back diouf, they'd be a perfect combination.

I do think £30m would give you a chance to rebuild a bit though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts