Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts

Man Utd v Liverpool

Rafael Benitez takes his Liverpool side to Old Trafford still looking for his first win against the Red Devils since taking charge in the summer of 2004.

The Reds boss may well have seen his team beat Alex Ferguson's men on the way to FA Cup glory in 2006 but in the league there have been a string of disappointments.

In seven matches we have lost six and drawn one, scoring just one goal in the process.

It's hardly inspiring stuff, but with Liverpool in magnificent form of late, the prospect of our 50th win against United in what will be the 150th league meeting between the sides, looks ever more possible.

The Travelling Kop will no doubt be out in force hopeful of securing our first win on enemy soil since Danny Murphy's penalty gave us a 1-0 victory back in April 2004.

One thing's for sure, with United locked in a tussle for the title and Everton breathing down our necks for fourth - neither side can afford to lose.​

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Deo said:
Rafael Benitez takes his Liverpool side to Old Trafford still looking for his first win against the Red Devils since taking charge in the summer of 2004.

The Reds boss may well have seen his team beat Alex Ferguson's men on the way to FA Cup glory in 2006 but in the league there have been a string of disappointments.

In seven matches we have lost six and drawn one, scoring just one goal in the process.

it`s a disappointing record to be honest !

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
No matter what we do the mancs always beat us, yet I always have a good feeling before playing them that we'll get a win. And then as par usual we get beat.

So long as we perform better than that INEPT performance against them at Anfield this season. Playing like that gets you no where, Benitez just has to go for it.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
No matter what we do the mancs always beat us, yet I always have a good feeling before playing them that we'll get a win. And then as par usual we get beat.

So long as we perform better than that INEPT performance against them at Anfield this season. Playing like that gets you no where, Benitez just has to go for it.
honestly that what most of liverpool fans think right now before the kick off .
i think we were better than them in many previous game in last few seasons . we had very good possession and many chances while they snatched a goal and we didn`t . of course i wish i `ll be wrong and we win this game . :hopeful:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RAWK has over 1000 posts already! :howler:

They need like 3 threads for one match

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
shit. our record against the scum is scumtastic. it seems everytime we outplay them we get beat. why don't we just play like shit and score a goal? seems to work for them..

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
only 9 friggin posts? Where's the damn it passion ? :scream:
Some of us show passion by going to games, cheering the team on and stuff rather then posting on an internet forum. :mute:

Posting a load of these smilies ":devil::mad::fero:" or what ever it is you do isn't really showing passion imo.

·
Registered
653 Posts
honestly that what most of liverpool fans think right now before the kick off .
i think we were better than them in many previous game in last few seasons . we had very good possession and many chances while they snatched a goal and we didn`t . of course i wish i `ll be wrong and we win this game . :hopeful:
many chances...which matches have you been watching?. Just go and check the last three matches highlights on youtube, I bet you will edit your post.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I agree with previous comments, our record against united in recent years has been absolutely dire , every year I psyche myself and make a big speech as arfy will testify and what happens?, well we usually outplay the mancs and then they hit us with a sucker punch and get some undeserved win with a last minute goal , I simply cannot be arsed this time getting all het up over the inevitable which is usually a draw or win for that lot. It ****ing does my head in, it puts me in a bad mood all week and I cannot bear watching or reading the media either.

Although saying this we'll probably win! I'd love torres to have a stormer against that lot so I can love him even more and he can cement legend status.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
I try to get excited but then I realise the fact we seem to have the worst luck when we play them, especially because in a lot of matches we don't deserve to lose and in others we should have won by a few (last year Anfiel, season before that at OT) but one thing we continue to do and get caught out by them i on set pieces. They always expose us on freekicks from the sides or such, they study us and always either go for the three runners strategy (2 blockers, one headerer) or the decieving freekick where everyone is sucked into he goal and the free man exposes us. this was how they got the tevez goal IIRC.

We need to be very aware in the set pieces and also in trying to grasp control of midfield but not just that, but applying pressure and making control and such count in terms of goals and such. I think it will be tight and probably if there is a winner it may be on a set play. I hope that we can do it and break this serial of bad results against them, maybe the win could lead to something almost impossible but just slightly possible if fate transpires that way. :hopeful:

This is the game where we see if the current model (4-2-3-1: Gerrard off Torres etc) is a feasible long term winning solution. Hopefully we do it, make us dream redmen, Liverpool red ;).

1 - 20 of 223 Posts