Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from Offal
Liverpool welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Anfield in another crucial Premiership encounter with the Reds looking to reduce the gap to Everton by one point.

With Everton not playing until next Wednesday Liverpool have a good chance of putting the pressure back on them after missing the chance at Manchester City last week.

Liverpool and Spurs drew 1-1 on the opening day of the Premiership season with Djibril Cisse marking his debut with a goal, while Jermaine Defoe equalised.

The Reds beat Spurs in the Carling Cup quarter-final at White Hart Lane when the youngsters did the club so proud.

Following the short lived reign of Jacques Santini in charge of Spurs Martin Jol is now in the hotseat and has assembled an attacking team. In Jermaine Defoe Spurs have one of the most exciting talents in the Premiership and don't forget Republic of Ireland's record goalscorer Robbie Keane, a boyhood Liverpool fan, too. Egyptian striker Mido is also a real threat.

At the back the classy Ledley King has had a great season while England Number One goalkeeper Paul Robinson has showed his capabilities.

Tottenham beat Newcastle 1-0 last Sunday to go seventh in the Premiership and are just four points behind Liverpool.

This is another massive game for Liverpool who need to take three points to keep up their ambitions of finishing fourth this season.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
It will be a fast tempo game, with a lot of running by Spurs.

We'll come out in the open, and try to take advantage of the spaces that might be left open by SPurs.

Close game. Us by 1 goal.

Cheers. YNWA

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
a must must must win game :strong: :strong: ....... draw will vanish our CL dream :googly: :googly:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Lu-Is Gar-Cia
He Drinks San-Gri-A
He Came From Barca
To Bring Us Joy
He's 4 Foot 7
He's Football Heaven
Oh Please, Don't Take Our Luis Away

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
1-1

A half fit Xabi Alonso yet again the best player on the pitch by a country mile, think we'll see Djib in the 2nd half.

COME ON REDMEN!

·
Registered
471 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
Lu-Is Gar-Cia
He Drinks San-Gri-A
He Came From Barca
To Bring Us Joy
He's 4 Foot 7
He's Football Heaven
Oh Please, Don't Take Our Luis Away
LOL
Awesome
The best part is "He Drinks San-Gri-A" :D
I also liked "He's 4 Foot 7"

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I really really like LG :) I remember people were making fun of him all the time only a few weeks back, but with his recent goals you have to admit this guy was a very good purchase.

We are playing much better then Spurs IMO, their goal was a total fluke. Hopefully we can get the 3 pts.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
owenjnr said:
we just conceded now a penalty to us
Gerrard with one of the worst penalties I've seen in a while...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
What a bomb by Sami :cool: 2:2 now get the third!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
owenjnr said:
he fully fuked up the kick i was prayin to god the experienced el moro would take it

ya....gerrard......dunnu what to tell ..... :wth: :wth:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts