Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Liverpool v Reading

Liverpool welcome struggling Reading to Anfield hoping to gain revenge for their 3-1 defeat at the Madejski Stadium back in December.

It was the Reds' first league defeat of the season and also ended our 100 per cent record against the Royals.

Prior to that match we had won all four of our previous meetings with the Berkshire side including a 4-2 - Fernando Torres inspired - Carling Cup success in September.

The Reds would not be adverse to a similar scoreline this time around either, as they look to maintain their winning streak in the league to five matches.

In contrast, a run of seven games without a win at the start of 2008 saw Steve Coppell's men slump into the relegation places and although they were buoyed by a 2-0 win over Manchester City last weekend, Liverpool know only a victory will suffice if they are to remain on course for fourth place.​

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Hopefully a win and a chance at redemption, the loss in december derailed our season domestically and the effects were felt for a long time. only now do we see a recovery. they also kicked, kicked and kicked us all night with the **** referee helping them. time for us to redeem that loss :hopeful:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but he has disappeared lately... where the hell is he, injured again?

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
I want us to go with the same formation we used against both Inter and Newcastle.. simply.. its working.. I'd love to see an actual winger on the right instead of Kuyt.. the way I'd want it to be in midfield would be:

-----Masch---Xabi

Babel--Gerrard--Kewell/Yossi

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing a 4-3-3 with Kuyt hugging the line (he is working his socks off.. but Pennant has to give him tips as to how to cross!).. and Crouch and Torres playing..

The last thing I want to see is Torres or Gerrard rested at this stage..

arfy, is there something u know about Kewell?

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
I mean I agree that I don't think Rafa will renew Kewell's contract.. but I think we should utilize him while he's here..

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Yeah but he has disappeared lately... where the hell is he, injured again?
yeah he came on against barnesly but was extremely poor. even stuff elementary to him such as control an interplay deserted him. he looked a finish player, im afraid to say.

then played a reserve game after asking rafa how he can get back in the team, but not seen since.

now apparently I think he's realised he's not got a future (was not on bench vs inter, but even returning from semi-LT injury Voronin was on the bench) and decided to seek other pastures: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=214746.0

its a sad story, he was the fantasy player we so badly needed. but we bought him at a time where the houllier team was dying and he had a very good first 6 months, then the injury came and it continued through Rafa's years. bad luck for both parties.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One of my all time favorite players, such a shame :sigh:

Yasir you stole my avatar! :stuckup:

Just kidding :D, here's a better version of mine if you want to use it:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
I predict we are going to win this game . our team have been in progress in the last few games . we should learn from our result against them this season and to compensate that in this game .

Kewell's Liverpool career is over
honestly , I haven`t missed him in recent games .

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Skrtel, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Babel, Kuyt, Torres: Subs: Itandje, Riise, Hyypia, Crouch, Benayoun.
Reina,
Arbeloa, Skrtel, Carragher, Aurelio
Mascherano Alonso,
Kuyt, Gerrard Babal
Torres

Subs: Itandje, Riise, Hyypia, Crouch, Benayoun.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Reina, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Skrtel, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Babel, Kuyt, Torres

Subs: Itandje, Riise, Hyypia, Crouch, Benayoun.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
lol .. I think this form was immense against inter last Tuesday .. i mean with babel and Kuyt on the wings . i like in games which are at home to play at least 2 strikers .
i hope babel and kuyt do a huge impact with torres .. and gerrard too !

come on you LIVERPOOL ! :strong:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shit defending, exactly how we scored against Chelsea in the CL last season.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
bad luck about the goal.

torres had a 1on1 with the kepeer but right into him. dang

1 - 20 of 50 Posts