1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LIVERPOOL-----EVERTON

VENUE: ANFIELD

---SQUADS----------------------------------------------------------
Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Kromkamp, Carragher, Agger, Hyypia, Warnock, Riise, Traore, Garcia, Gerrard, Alonso, Hamann, Sissoko, Kewell, Fowler, Morientes, Crouch, Cisse, Dudek.

Everton (from): Wright, Hibbert, Weir, Stubbs, Yobo, Valente, Naysmith, Osman, Cahill, Neville, Arteta, Carsley, Davies, McFadden, Beattie, Ferguson, Kilbane, Van der Meyde, Turner.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
LIVERPOOL TEAM (PROBABLE)

4-2-3-1
-------------------Reina--------------------
Finnan---Carragher--Hyypia---Traore
----------------------------------------------
----------Gerrard----Xabi/ Didi---------
Garcia--------Morientes-------Kewell--
---------Cisse/Crouch/ Fowler---------

or
4-4-2

------------------Reina----------------
Finnan--Carragher--Hyypia--Traore
-------------------------------------------
--------Gerrard------Xabi/Didi------
Gerrard/ Garcia----------------Kewell
----Crouch/Cisse--Moro/ Fowler----

Liverpool have recently started to regain momentum since with a positive wins and performance which yielded some much needed goals :cool:, the momentum needs to be continued on a permanent basis, the following run of fixtures can really shape our season, so we need to build momentum and continuing winning. Playing at home we need to be tough and take the iniative from the start, play high tempo and deadly infront of goal, step forward Robbie Fowler
, he has returned (got his first goal of his 2nd stint, hopefully first of many) and now is needed now more than ever. We need to cut out mistakes stop conceding goals and build up on a winning run again, as we are entering a tough glut of fixtures which can swing our season. We also need to keep close in our battle for 2nd place aswll as bragging rights, beating the bittera will announce ourselves and be a MASSIVE win both in terms of the league and the momentum we can reap. The final pass and finishing needs to be worked on as well as the creative part of our game, no doubt Rafa will have spotted it and will work on this, hopefully it pays dividends on the pitch
  • Rafa has stated now that he has a fully fit-esque squad for a sustained period in his Anfield tenure, though Bolo is out for the season, hard luck as he was finding form. Garcia was missed, his goal presence and movement is really important for a Liverpool team who has strikers who contribute very little at this current moment
    . Xabi was suspeneded and in recent weeks has recovered to something near his known level of performance.
  • Gerrard I feel will play out wide with Momo and Xabi in the centre, they are the two players who form the foundation of our team and give the creative spark and control the game. Garcia I think will play wide right but will always be roaming in attemtps to open the opposition defence up and getting into goalscoring positions. Also Kewell may play left midfield roaming with Morientes or Fowler in the central deep role and all 3 exchanging positions from time to time, with Kewell possibly as left winger he now seems to be finding his fitness and form.
  • The strikers are unpredicatable as always
    , Morientes has lost his feet and seems to become less effective game by game. When Crouch plays we focus on long balls
    and the game goes by Moro, who is less effective as he cannot link play. Cisse is the unpredictable one, he can do some awesome things then miss a one on one sitter, but his pace and his enthusiasm and the fact he's the most dangerous striker suggest he should play. Fowler
    is our hope for goals, plus his fitness is starting to get better and Rafa has stated he sees Fowler as an impact player off the bench and possibly as a starter. Fowler's impact in the fulham goal was massive, his goal and his contribution in the play using his intelligent play was a key part of our winning performance, this is an ideal situation fixture for our other strikers to rise to the occasion and start to score more goals and continue our momentum
  • The importance of a win are high, this is for local pride, the stakes are high, hopefully we rise to the occassion, plus considering the league is taking a rigid shape and we want to keep in touch and also gain momentum a win would allow for us to keep some pressure on 2nd place, we had momentum and I'd love for us to sustain that again. We are third and if we win can closer to second
    this would atleast show we're competing again.
  • A key part of us winning this match will be the defence, we have nineteen clean sheets in EPL a greater tally than what we had in EPL all last season, we should try and build upon that though we've started to make mistakes, if we cut out the defensive mistakes we can build on that as a foundation and go for the win.
  • We havent had a 5 game+ winning run in EPL for a long time prior to this season
    I can't remember when we went on a major winning run last (2003?), but hopefully this can be a foundation and we can win and build momentum and go up the league.
  • We can win this match, though it will be tough, we'll need to be at our best. Being intense and strong from the start being up for the fight and winning every 50-50, this will allow for us to gain a foothold in the game. We need to play at a high tempo and really attack, the Anfield crowd can also push us on and give us the extra gear to push that extra bit more. Then we need to take our chances, because they will not be at a premium, we need to be solid and cut out defensive mistakes and take our chances when they come, then hopefully we'd win. Though this is a statement of the obvious :D
COME ON REDMEN!!!!!
YNWA

INJURY FRONT for LIVERPOOL
Bolo Zenden- Out for a month, with a knee injury or something, really harsh as he was starting to find some good form for Liverpool, hopefully i's a quick recovery
THE INJURY FRONT :D:pp

COME ON REDMEN!!!!!
YNWA

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Both teams have scored a lot lately, which means it will probs be a scrappy 1-0 for one of the teams or a bore 0-0.

Either way, good luck.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Red Bed said:
Both teams have scored a lot lately, which means it will probs be a scrappy 1-0 for one of the teams or a bore 0-0.

Either way, good luck.
it will be tight ,both teams will give everything although if we whack everton and stroll around I won't complain but thats hardly likely. :howler:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think thats where we have to match them, i think we leasrned the lessons f lst season, at goodion this season we fought and ran when need be and played football when need be. :) Keeping the ball, fighting back and taking our chances will determine the game for us. :D

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
COME ON LIVERPOOL ,COME ON REDMAN ,LETS BEAT THESE BLUESHITE BASTARDS .i AM ALL EXCITED.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We need to keep the ball and get into every tackle and be tough, Sissoko will be important IMO, I hope he plays and can nullify the opponent by giving as good as he gets. Taking our chances is important, we have been scoring but we know derby games are always different and chances may not be at a premium.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts