1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

LIVERPOOL-----CHARLTON

VENUE: ANFIELD

---SQUADS-----------------------------------------------------------
Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Kromkamp, Carragher, Hyypia, Agger, Riise, Traore, Warnock, Luis Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Hamann, Kewell, Crouch, Cisse, Morientes, Dudek.

Charlton (from): Myhre, Young, Hreidarsson, Perry, Powell, Ambrose, Holland, Kishishev, Smertin, Thomas, Hughes, M Bent, D Bent, Euell, El Karkouri, Spector, Andersen, Randolph, Bothroyd, Bartlett, Fortune.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
LIVERPOOL TEAM (PROBABLE)

4-2-3-1

------------------Reina--------------------
Finnan------Carra-----Hyypia------Riise
------------------------------------------------
----------Didi/ Gerrard-----Xabi----------
Gerrard/ Garcia---Morientes----Kewell--
---------------Cisse/Crouch---------------

or
4-4-2

------------------Reina---------------
Finnan----Hyypia---Carragher----Riise
----------------------------------------------
-------------Xabi--------Gerrard/Didi------
Gerrard/ Garcia---------------------Kewell
---------Crouch/ Cisse----Moro-----------

Liverpool have recently encountered good performances but a lack of goals have been problematic as games that should be won more convincingly are left tighter than it should, the rot needs to be stopped on a permanent basis, the following serial of fixtures can really shape our season, so we need to build momentum and continuing winning. Playing at home we need to be tough and take the iniative from the start, play high tempo and deadly infront of goal, step forward Liverpool as a team :proud:, now we need really kicking on together more than ever with a tough glut of fixtures. We need to cut out mistakes and build up on a winning run again, as we are entering a tough glut of fixtures which can swing our season. We also need to keep close in our battle for 2nd place. The final pass and finishing needs to be worked on as well as the creative part of our game, no doubt Rafa will have spotted it and will work on this, hopefully it pays dividends on the pitch :hopefull:
  • Rafa has stated now that he has a fully fit-esque squad for a sustained period in his Anfield tenure, though Bolo is out for the season, hard luck as he was finding form. Fowler's goal presence will be missed so the others will need to really start knocking the goals in a liveup to there name's, Moro especially as he is suffering form bad loss of confidence
  • Gerrard I feel will play in the centre with Xabi in the middle and they are the two players who make the foundation solid and give the creative sparkand control the game. Garica playing out wide right (roaming) can offer a goal threat, though he can be hot and cold. Also Kewell may play left midfield roaming with Morientes in the central deep role and all 3 exchanging positions from time to time, with Kewell possibly as left winger he now seems to be finding his fitness and form. :thumbsup:
  • The strikers are unpredicatable as always :depress:, Morientes has lost his feet and seems to become less effective game by game, now at awful low :frownani: Benitez is using the Kewell model of giving Moro minutes to find his feet and form. When Crouch plays we focus on long balls :yuck: and the game goes by Moro, who is less effective as he cannot link play. Cisse is the unpredictable one, he can do some awesome things then miss a one on one sitter, but his pace and his enthusiasm and the fact he's the most dangerous striker suggest he should play. Fowler is back and really needs a goal, he can really set an example for the other strikers.
  • The importance of a win are high, considering the league is starting to take a rigid shape and we want to keep in touch with our rival (s), we had momentum and I'd love for us to sustain that again. We are third and if we win can closer to second :D:thumbsup: this would atleast show we're competing again.
  • A key part of us winning this match will be the defence, we have seventeen clean sheets in EPL a greater tally than what we had in EPL all last season, we should try and build upon that though we've started to make mistakes, if we cut out the defensive mistakes we can build on that as a foundation and go for the win.
  • We havent had a 5 game+ winning run in EPL for a long time prior to this season:eekani::frownani: I can't remember when we went on a major winning run last (2003?), but hopefully this can be a foundation and we can win and build momentum and go up the league.
  • We can win this match, it will be tough, but if we keep the ball and go forward and create chances while playing at high tempo, we can win, as lnog as we take our chances and cut out any mistakes, it's about the attacking side of our game, if we get it right we can win, though this isa statemnt of the obvious. :D
COME ON REDMEN!!!!!
YNWA!!!!!

INJURY FRONT and SUPSENSION front for
LIVERPOOL
Bolo Zenden- Out for a month, with a knee injury or something, really harsh as he was starting to find some good form forL:iverpool, hopefully i's a quick recovery

Momo Sissoko- Out for unkonwn time, with injured retina, very serious eye injury though not as bad as first espected, hopefully he gets better though ASAP. Get well Momo.
  • NO MAJOR FIRST TEAM SQUAD INJURIES, HONEST!!!!!
(FIRST SUSTAINED PERIOD IN RAFA'S REIGN) :eekani::eekani::eekani::eekani::eekani:

THE INJURY FRONT :D:tongue:

COME ON REDMEN!!!!!
YNWA

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
I think they are showing it on 2 hours delay here, doesn't matter to me only that the last time I watched us on delay we screwed up and lost!

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O-NRG said:
wots that suppose to mean? :fero:
it's more convinient for you international guys, us lazy buggers, dont have to wake up early besides the 12.30 kick offs :D.

NOTE: 12.30 on the weeken is early for me :D:pp

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
arfy05 said:
it's more convinient for you international guys, us lazy buggers, dont have to wake up early besides the 12.30 kick offs :D.

NOTE: 12.30 on the weeken is early for me :D:pp
haha i was joking. we better win too.

what are you talking about? your 1230 games are my 730AM games :eek:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I love Lunch Kick Off's, about 8pm for me.5:15's about 2:15 unfortunately.

Anyway im not as confiedent as i normally am going into this match, Charlton always put up a fight, im hoping a striker scores(Robbie).

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
0-0 at halftime, Fowler and Crouch upfront, Cisse's also playing.

We are much better and created several opportunities. Fowler had a really nice shot on target, could've been a great goal had it went in. Anyhow their keeper Myhre is the man of the match so far and that says everything.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts