Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If form is anything to go by then Liverpool will be hoping to make it a magnificent seven when they face Bolton on Boxing day.

The Reds have beaten the Trotters on each of their last six visits to Anfield and will also be hopeful of doing the double over Gary Megson's men, having won 2-0 at the Reebok back in November.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is the toughest period of the season for the epl clubs, liverpool will play this Friday vs Bolton and then on Sunday vs WUFC.

i think this week will be a decisive in the epl, i predict at least one of top teams to drop and hopefully not to be our team. :hopeful::pp

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Need to win this one, our Anfield record is horrendous... :sigh:

Hopefully we'll see Fernando in the bench :hopeful:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
There are two changes to the Liverpool side for the visit of Bolton this afternoon as Rafa Benitez makes his dressing room return. Listen to our Match Day Live show online from 2.30pm GMT.
Sami Hyypia and Yossi Benayoun come in for Lucas and the injured Alvaro Arbeloa.

Though Benitez is back at Anfield, Sammy Lee is still likely to take a prominent role on the Reds bench.

The Liverpool XI in full is: Reina, Carragher, Insua, Hyypia, Agger, Riera, Benayoun, Alonso, Gerrard, Kuyt, Keane. Subs: Cavalieri, Ngog, El Zhar, Mascherano, Babel, Lucas, Darby.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
You've absolutely dominated this match. Gerrard and Alonso working quite well surprisingly, though they've had acres of space to operate and ping cross field balls. Benayoun has been excellent on the right hand side. His dribbling and smart passing game has been reaking havoc. I don't think he's gave the ball away once.

But, at 1-0 you are always in danger of getting caught so another goal is needed to settle things down I think. Bolton have been a complete non-entity.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Why can't we simply crush teams like this at anfield every time... :(

Robbie with a double, 3-0.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Easy game for Pool; Keane with some goals to his account. Bolton aside from their first minute chance have done very little going forward. Yossi was pretty good in this match

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Very good and important win, showed a very good character in this game, the whole team was awesome. Hopefully we will carry this form on to Newcastle and beyond.

Insua is incredible, Riera is class, Alonso is boss and great night for Keane.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Thought that we were excellent in the first half particularly, special mention goes to reira, alonso, insua and benyoun, very impressed with insua, if he was an arsenal youngster imagine the hype!

We needed to win and we did and keane looks to have hit form at exactly the right time.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Brilliant performance. In control of the match from start to finish. Every player was excellent, don't want to pick any out, although Insua again was impressive. I hope we can continue this level of performance and well done to Keane for his goals. £20 million doesn't sound so bad now.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Insua played very very well. Not afraid to shoot, not afraid to raid the lines. Definately one for the future. I wonder why must rafa spend 8 million quid for dossena when insua was always knocking on the door.

Carragher also played well at right back. Special mention to keane. I thought he was fantastic. :pp

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
We are unbeaten at home in league in the whole of 2008!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts