Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Liverpool v Wigan

Liverpool welcome Wigan Athletic to Anfield determined to banish their Steve Bruce hoodoo in the Barclays Premier League.

The Reds have endured a series of frustrating results against the former Manchester United defender, both in his time at Birmingham City and against his current side Wigan.

But Rafa and co will head into the contest in confident mood and will be aiming to banish the memories of the 0-0 draw with Stoke by claiming a third win in four league matches so far this season, at the expense of the Latics.​

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
3-0

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We should learn from the mistake against Stoke and win this one, that would be 9 points from the last 3 games :lick:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Lets just hope all of our players come back from international duty unscathed and raring to go for the title.

My prediction will come closer to date. :howler:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
at home and against wigan, so we must win this game if we want to keep fighting at least for the 2nd. this doesnt mean i underrating of wigan team at all.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
This is one of the challenges we must past, Bruce somehow manages to always get results from us. We need to rectify this and really grow, last year the way they got a point off us was so bloody annoying, we need to have purpose and more importantly get the three points, whats vital is we have the right approach and go to close the game if the opportunity is there.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Jamie on Zaki and Dan on Heskey, keep them quiet. But each year they do get something off us, i remember last year they got that point and it pissed me right off, these are the kind of games we must win

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Jamie on Zaki and Dan on Heskey, keep them quiet. But each year they do get something off us, i remember last year they got that point and it pissed me right off, these are the kind of games we must win
i see both zaki and heskey are slow strikers, but they are strong physically and they are dangerous only on the penalty area.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
as i had said that both wigan strikers aren`t fast, so hyppia or agger can deal with any of them well.

i want to see degen play some minutes in such these games?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Degen has two broken ribs mate he must be struggling to breathe in right now.

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
Biggest test of the season, bigger then manu, everton or man city IMO, last season we failed to beat smaller teams like Wigan home or away, we have already failed to beat one small team and if we fail to beat them then we are simply not going to win or challenge for the title this season.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts