Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Reds go into this match looking to register their fifth consecutive league victory over Manchester City at Anfield.

Fernando Torres scored the decisive strike to see off the sky blues in this fixture last season, but Mark Hughes' side will be out for revenge this time around after what was a remarkable 3-2 turnaround at the City of Manchester Stadium earlier in the season - they were leading
2-0 at the break.​

Match pointers

Liverpool have lost only two of the last 17 league meetings home and away with Manchester City

Since the inception of the Premier League, Liverpool have won 12 of the 23 meetings, with City winning three

Albert Riera played 19 times in all competitions for City in the latter half of the 2005-06 season, after joining on loan from Espanyol, scoring once. He could come up against his team mate of last season at Espanyol Pablo Zabaleta

Dietmar Hamann scored eight goals in 191 league games for the Reds. Three of those came against Manchester City

The last Liverpool player to score a hat-trick against City was Michael Owen in September 2002 at Maine Road

Liverpool’s biggest ever league win against Manchester City came at Anfield in October 1995 - they won 6-0​

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I can see us really struggling without Alonso and Gerrard. City are shite but it would be typical for them to turn it on, on Sunday, they've got the talent to hurt anyone if they click.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i see our team a bit under pressure after manur made a gap 5 pts a head of us. so this game to be a must win for the reds. :fero:

·
Banned
295 Posts
I can see us really struggling without Alonso and Gerrard. City are shite but it would be typical for them to turn it on, on Sunday, they've got the talent to hurt anyone if they click.
That might actually help us aslong as they dont score as they will leave their :ass: gaping:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Moderator Action: Stop it.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i`ve just read that gerrard won`t play this game but most probably to start against real madrid in the ucl.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Those two goals for City were top quality. Love the reactions of Ireland to hit that volley.

Anyways, should be a good match on Sunday

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
their 2nd goal ( freekick ) was awesome. btw, liverpool showed a great performance till the last minutes of this game. :star:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Moderator Action: Stop it.
Fernando Torres ...u started back again ur f*cking job :finger:... no rules here saying here that we cant predict results over here... so mind our own business :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if both alonso and gerrard are already out of this game, then it supposed to see lucas next to the monster.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
don`t put prediction here.. :nono: :pp

then, gerrard won`t play this game unfortunately. :moan:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Non-LFC fans can predict as much as they want, but since I've started deleting/editing ac's 'predictions', we're having good results, so :finger:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts