Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Reds welcome Fulham to Anfield confident of picking up another three points.

The Cottagers have never won at Anfield and in 27 visits to L4 they have only managed seven draws.

Last season Rafa's men left it late to clinch a 2-0 victory with both goals arriving inside the last 10 minutes courtesy of Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard from the penalty spot.​

:star: YNWA :star:​

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Has Torres even been called up?

I'd go for;

Reina

Arbeloa - Carragher - Agger - Aurelio

Alonso - Mascherano
Kuyt - - - - - -- - - - - - - - Riera

Torres - - Keane

4-0, Torres x2, Keane, Alonso

·
Premium Member
40,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the latest news for the three lions.

Both Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard reported to England camp on Sunday night and were assessed by the medical staff. Steven has a groin injury, Frank has a rib injury.
he won`t play for england vs germany this wednesday.

Fulham's Jimmy Bullard and West Ham's Scott Parker have been called into the squad

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
With Gerrard carrying an injury I would leave him out altogether and give him a good rest especialially with christmas on its way we need to look after him, plus we are playing at home so its the time to go a bit more attacking. I would go for a 4-4-2 for this match, keane and torres upfront, midfield of kuyt, alonso, masherano and reira and the defence with arbie, carragher, agger and aurelio and of course reina.

·
Premium Member
40,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With Gerrard carrying an injury I would leave him out altogether and give him a good rest especialially with christmas on its way we need to look after him, plus we are playing at home so its the time to go a bit more attacking. I would go for a 4-4-2 for this match, keane and torres upfront, midfield of kuyt, alonso, masherano and reira and the defence with arbie, carragher, agger and aurelio and of course reina.
completely agree. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Last year this match was a lot harder than we expected and Fulham are a better team. We need to improve our play at home and be more clinical in both our finishing but also chance creation. We need to sustain pressure better and be able to press home advantage we have in play into goals from an early period. I think this may be a game for Babel or Benayoun to stake a claim in the side.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
According to Rafa, Gerrard will miss this game, so will most probably see this:

---- Torres ---- ----
---- ----- Keane----
Riera ------------Kuyt
Xabi --- Masch
Aurelio -- Agger - Carra -- Arberloa
Reina​

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
TBH i dont know why people or Rafa want to play Keane from the start, so far he has played 20 games and has hardly done anything while Babel is offered much more then him when he has played, With Gerrard not playing i would like to give Torres-Babel partnership a try. Babel deservers a start out of all the strikers, he has improved a lot from last season, hes passing has improved, his crossing, he seems to play more 1-2, etc and his attitude has changes, hes chasing loose ball and closing the defenders down.

Would like to see

Reina
Arbeloa Carra Agger Aurelio (please no Dossena)
Kuyt Masch Xabi Riera
Babel
..........Torres

but i thin Rafa will play will bench Keane move Kuyt alongside Torres and play Yossi right.

·
Premium Member
40,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think cuz we paid too much to sign him, we see must fans want him play and ask him to prove himself. otherwise, he still doesn`t show a great efforts for the reds.

·
Premium Member
40,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i like K5-H17M4N`s lineup, so my starting XI for this game will be:

--------------reina------------
arbeola ------carra----agger---aurelio
-------mascherano-----alonso-----
kuyt----------------------------riera
---------------------babel------------
-------------f.torres--------------

this will be awesome formation on the pitch. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
i like K5-H17M4N`s lineup, so my starting XI for this game will be:

--------------reina------------
arbeola ------carra----agger---aurelio
-------mascherano-----alonso-----
kuyt----------------------------riera
---------------------babel------------
-------------f.torres--------------

this will be awesome formation on the pitch. :thumbsup:
Looks good.

We need to get the goal difference up. Liverpool is always the opp of what you would expect. When u expect the boys to thumb the opp, the draw or win by the odd goal. But if u dont expect a win... they win.

Well,
Liverpool 7
Fulham 0

Then again, i'll take the 3 points. :pp

·
Premium Member
40,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
we will win it. :pp

i watched fulham`s last game vs tottenham.. they did a very good game at home and did possess in most of the game`s events. i respect their upfront players, zamora and johnson. they created many chances while they were keeping annoying spurs defenders. hopefully carra and agger to be a strong wall in front of them.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts