Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Liverpool v Chelsea

The Reds entertain Chelsea looking to strike a psychological blow in the title race.

Rafael Benitez's men broke their Stamford Bridge hoodoo with a 1-0 success over the Blues back in October and a win in L4 would secure our first double over the Londoners since 1990.

Three points on this occasion would go some way to strengthening the belief that we can end our 19 year wait and pick up championship number 19.​

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Honestly, after drawing against Wigan, it seems that we've lost it. But I still have faith, at least we should hang on to it longer, we should put pressure on United because the best and most important part of the season has yet to start, and if there is ANY game that could be the turning point, then its this one, home against Chelsea.

I think this is the game where we should stand behind the team and support it as much as we can, and we should for those 90 minutes forget everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks, and just concentrate on winning this one.
This is the game that could close this dark winter chapter of our season and start a comeback of which we all could be proud off at the end of the season, even if we won't win the EPL.

Sure it looks grim, with our confidence shattered team, facing a renewed Chelsea, while a seemingly unstoppable United are facing Everton at home, but lets not forget that in Football, everything is possible, and although it probably won't happen, that shouldn't be the reason to just give hope.

I know a lot of here have lost faith in Rafa, but I don't and honestly I hope that at least most of you will have faith in him, and especially the team for the rest of the season.
Let's not forget what this man has done for the club in the last five years, to what he has build this team, and sure, he has made many mistakes, every manager does but this is the worst moment where we should give our support for him and the team away.

This one is a big game, we're not facing some team which will try to bully us the whole game but this is a team which will come to Anfield to get all 3 points, and I hope, no, in fact I'm sure that the whole team will be fired up for this one, because everyone knows that his game is the decider.

:hopeful:

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Nicely put. I think last night i might have overreacted a tad bit (don't think i should post straight after a match). I've not completely lost my faith yet so even though right now i just don't care about Chelsea i'm sure by Sunday i'll have the butterflies back :)

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
I hate being paranoid, but the stats show that our fouls have increased and the number of fouls committed by our opposition has decreased since the Rafa rant. Why is that? Liverpool are not a dirty team. Due to our superior talent we don't need to be physical to win matches as say compared to Stoke. So again why is there a dramatic increase in Liverpool being given fouls against and a dramatic fall in fouls committed by more physical oppositions?

I think the refs are using Liverpool as an example to show there is no favouritism towards big teams. In doing so, they're penalising Liverpool disproportionately for fouls they've not committed.That's my opinion and i'm sick of Liverpool being made an example of out of all the big clubs. Rafa was right about what he said but he was wrong to say it and i think he knows it. It's backfired badly.

Anyone know who's the ref for Sunday? I like Howard Webb but he was awful for the Everton game so not sure if i want him.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I said I had a bad feeling about the Everton game and said I wasn't confident for the Wigan game so I hope it's comforting to know I think we'll win this one. :)

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
believe me or not, i don`t care now whether our game is at anfield or away. i think most would agree with me, that`s because i haven`t see the reds invest this aspect to play in front of the kop recently.

we need to reget our 1st position in the leauge table, unfortunately our team that look at any drop for manutd now!!

of course it won`t be an easy game for us, but i still have confident in liverpool players, actually more than rafa to do sth superb in this game.

YNWA...

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
we just haven't made it easy for ourselves have we? hopefully teh class of 08/09 proves up to the job and takes the necessary steps to grab the 3 points.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
a draw in this game and if villa win, they will become the 2nd..
also we may see the reds 4th.:scream:

a win and nothing else.

come on,

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
cowdungs....plz give an explanation before delete any post....

Forum Manager: No one wants to hear your bloody predictions, thats why and I didn't even feel the need to give you an explanation because it so ****ing obvious why.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
acmilan2005 has been predicting in liverpool games thread for long time, and sometimes his prediction add some interesting atmosphere. :pp

so, why this one in particular?

might be because our team and fans are under pressure these days.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
acmilan has been predicting our results since before 2004/05 final. in fact it's not an official match thread without his predictions and smilies.

people have their superstitions. he's not trying to wind you up or anything. in fact, i bet against the team for every time in the run up to 04/05 cl final... and i didn't break that just because we had a roll, i kept it up to the final. Yup, we won the final cause of me :)

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
acmilan has been predicting our results since before 2004/05 final. in fact it's not an official match thread without his predictions and smilies.

people have their superstitions. he's not trying to wind you up or anything. in fact, i bet against the team for every time in the run up to 04/05 cl final... and i didn't break that just because we had a roll, i kept it up to the final. Yup, we won the final cause of me :)

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
mantud won, arsenal drew with west ham and aston villa drew too.

so, we must win this game if we really want to challenge for the title.. otherwise, it `ll be extremely tough to come back.

------------reina-------
arbeloa---carra---skrtel----aurelio
gerrard------masch--alonso----riera
----------keane---torres--------

I fear another draw... 1-1 :lala:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Keane dropped from the squad apparently, read a Spurs in the know says they are trying to wrap up a £15 million deal for him - bite their ****ing hands off!

Benitez needs to grow some balls here and go all out for the win, it's all or nothing, a draw wont do.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, and honestly, we should let him go, he just doesn't fit in the system.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts