Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Liverpool v Blakcburn

Liverpool host Mark Hughes' Blackburn Rovers looking to bolster their grip on fourth place in the Barclays Premier League.

The Reds have won seven and drawn two of their last 10 league outings and will be aiming to continue their fine form by extending their winning streak at Anfield to seven league matches.

Rovers arrive in L4 on the back of a run of two wins and three draws from their last six matches and will be hoping to go one better than their 1-1 draw at Anfield last season and improve their hopes of finishing in the UEFA Cup places.

The two sides met at Ewood Park back in November when Liverpool missed a whole host of opportunities in a dour 0-0 draw.

Benitez will be hoping his side have their shooting boots on this time around as he looks to wrap up fourth with games to spare.​

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
well done Deo :) .

never mind for some changes in the line-up for this game .
I trust our side will get the 3 pts of this game . ;)

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Paul Hassall 12 April 2008

Stephen Warnock insists he has nothing to prove as he prepares to face Liverpool at Anfield for the first time since joining Blackburn in 2007.
The Rovers full-back, who made 67 appearances for the Reds, says it will be a strange experience to run out in front of the Kop as an opposing player but is adamant he is happy with the decision that saw him make the move to Ewood Park.

"It's my first time back there so it'll probably feel quite strange," he said.

"But I've been here for over a year now and I've moved on. I've enjoyed my time here.

"I don't wish I was still there. I'm playing regularly at Blackburn now and that's something I didn't really do at Anfield."

The 26-year-old admits that he expects to get a good reception from the home support on Sunday but insists his sole focus will be on trying to help Blackburn upset the form book.

"The Kop always welcome old boys back but it's not about that for mebut I just want to go there and play well for my manager at Blackburn.

"If I have anything to prove it's to Mark Hughes, to show him that it was the right decision to bring me here. I try to do that every game and it will be no different on Sunday .
i think he was a bit unlucky with the reds . at least he was a contender for the LB position with Riise ..

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
even thought Everton drew:howler:, we cant take a risk, we'll need to but a strong team out.

Reina
Arbeloa Carra Skirtle Risse
Lucas Alonso
Yossi Gerrard Babel
Torres.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We don't have to take any risks, we don't have to play in mid week.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
any form to start this game would be acceptable for me . i want to see some players take chance in such games. :)

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I hope Bentley has a bad game and makes Rafa think twice about signing him.

I think he'll give Crouch another go upfront with Torres, with Gerrard partnering Alonso in the middle and Babel taking Gerrards place on the left.

However I'd like to see;

Reina

Arbeloa - Carragher - Skrtel - Insua

Plessis - Alonso

Benayoun - Gerrard - Babel

Torres​

Subs; Itandje, Hyypia, Lucas, Kuyt, Nemeth

bounce

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Why does no one want to sign Bentley? He is quality IMO.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I think he's better as big fish in a little pond or whatever the saying is, I don't think he'd look anything special here although surely a big improvement on the likes of Pennant or Kuyt. I do think we'll sign him, so I hope he proves me wrong and makes the step up.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn SM, you got me excited, I thought you posted the official line-up :wallbang:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reina

Arbeloa - Carragher - Skrtel - Aurelio

Alonso - Lucas

Kuyt - Gerrard - Babel

Torres​

Subs: Itandje, Riise, Hyypia, Voronin, Benayoun.

Official lineup.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Why does no one want to sign Bentley? He is quality IMO.
i think we talked too much about his move to the reds . i really don`t see him that impressive player who we look for , he has nothing better than pennant`s or Babel , at all .. i agree with SM in what he said . let`s look at higher abilities players . :smileani:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Reina

Arbeloa - Carragher - Skrtel - Aurelio

Alonso - Lucas

Kuyt - Gerrard - Babel

Torres​

Subs: Itandje, Riise, Hyypia, Voronin, Benayoun.

Official lineup.
very good line-up and it has been proving its worthy .
arbeloa in the RB instead of carra who drops to be a CD next to skrtel .
actually , i like to show some tribute for hyypia who played brilliant games in the ucl games and to start with him as well in this one .
also , lucas in for mascherano who is still out of epl due to suspension .

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
Seems a bit quite in here today.

It was a well crafted goal with Gerrard and Lucas being involved in the build up he put it through 2 Blackburn defenders and finished it neatly.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
fantastic goal.

great assist by gerrrard and great finish by torres

fantastic pressure play by gerrard and the other forwards... who one timed it back to gerrard for the cross?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts