Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Everton v Liverpool

Liverpool travel to Goodison Park determined to ensure the 208th Merseyside derby ends in triumph.

Rafael Benitez's men have made a solid start to the 08-09 campaign and will be aiming for a similar result to the one they secured the last time they crossed Stanley Park to face their neighbours.

On that occasion Dirk Kuyt was the hero, netting two spot-kicks to clinch a dramatic 2-1 victory.

The Reds were left frustrated last weekend after they were held to a 0-0 draw at home to Stoke and will be looking to bounce back with victory over one of our closest rivals.​

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
0-1

Daylight robbery, 94th Min, Gerrard scores from a penalty after a classic dive in the box.

I wouldn't want more! :D

No Seriously, hope we put in a decent performance and improve upon our recent games.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
well done Deo, thanks:).

its timing will be a bad for me.. i.e, to be the 1st game this week in epl. Also, so early at 12.45 gmt.

come on you reds.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
0-1

Daylight robbery, 94th Min, Gerrard scores from a penalty after a classic dive in the box.

I wouldn't want more! :D

No Seriously, hope we put in a decent performance and improve upon our recent games.
haha it would be more exciting if torres who dives in the box and then gerrard scores it. :D

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
we must win this game for obvious reasons. It`s a derby, 3 points which are able to recover our drop against stoke city last week, also, to beat everton at GP will be extremely sweet and magnificent. :lick:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
we won the two games last season and I should keep that this season because we have to keep wining in any game if we want to fight for the title. I know Liverpool fans are still upset we lost 2 important pts against stoke at home, but let us put that behind and to concentrate more in coming game and to start from this game.

regarding to the best XI for this game, I know it`s difficult to predict with rafa lineup every game but I like to see this line-up start the game.

----------------------------Reina-----------------------------------
Arbeloa------------Skrtel--------------Carra------------Dossena
---------------------------------Mascherano------------------------
Babel---------------------Gerrard-------------------------Riera---
----------------Keane(kuyt)*-------------------Torres-------

I put kuyt because we know it`s rarely to see rafa drop him.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
agree with ya..macherano also keeps showing great efforts and so i prefer him. i do like to play one of them behind gerrard.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
I watched last game for everton vs hull.. they were a bit lost in the 1st half and hull did possess and scored twice. But, there was a clear improving for everton in the 2nd half. I think their upfront has become more dangerous after the come back of players like Cahil, Saha. So, Skrtel and Carra will have important role to control them..

We have better midfielders, players like gerrard, mascherano and riera will be our key players in the game, they have to control the midfield and don`t give the space and chance for arteta and cahil to build up and or create balls.. at the same time, they have to build the be more creative for our strikers up front, to try shot from different positions on the pitch( we have missed such things in last few games).

We need the best out of Torres and as every game we hope keane`s 1st goal to be in this derby.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
:howler:

you always predict liverpool to lose.
Thats the idea. A couple of seasons back i keep predicting that they win and got thru a black november. So far so good this season eh? :pp Except for that pathetic freaking draw with stoke which i got correct. :yuck:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
we won the two games last season and I should keep that this season because we have to keep wining in any game if we want to fight for the title. I know Liverpool fans are still upset we lost 2 important pts against stoke at home, but let us put that behind and to concentrate more in coming game and to start from this game.

regarding to the best XI for this game, I know it`s difficult to predict with rafa lineup every game but I like to see this line-up start the game.

----------------------------Reina-----------------------------------
Arbeloa------------Skrtel--------------Carra------------Dossena
---------------------------------Mascherano------------------------
Babel---------------------Gerrard-------------------------Riera---
----------------Keane(kuyt)*-------------------Torres-------

I put kuyt because we know it`s rarely to see rafa drop him.

The funny thing is when rafa reflect on last year's win at everton, dirk is a sure starter even thou how crappy he played against stoke.

Well, i gave up hoping and predicting the lineup as rafa is know for chopping and changing. I do hope to see agger come in at some point as we could do with his accurate scud missiles... :pp

·
Banned
790 Posts
Why bench Alonso? He's been great in the last couple of games.
have u seen any of his games against everton?

they run around at like 90 mph snapping at our heels and alonso always gets caught on the ball, always

On this game I would sooner win 1-0 and keane scored then win 3-0 and keane didnt score if you see what I mean

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
-----------------Pepe

--Dossena---Carra---Skrtel---Arbeloa--

--Riera------Xabi----Gerrard----Kuyt--

-----------Nando------Keane

No Masch or Benayoun on the bench.

Worried about the midfield.

Kick off.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts