Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chelsea v Liverpool

Liverpool head to Stamford Bridge knowing that a victory would not only bring an end to Chelsea's amazing unbeaten home record but it would also see them move clear at the top of the table.

Both sides are the only remaining teams yet to be beaten in England's topflight and even without their respective leading goalscorers in Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres, it promises to be the biggest game of the season to-date.

The Reds picked up a point at the Bridge last season but were knocked out of both the Carling Cup and the Champions League on the Blues' home turf.

Rafael Benitez will feel his side are due a turn of luck against Luiz Felipe Scolari's team and Sunday's clash would be the perfect time for it to happen.​

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
the absence of torres and drogba shouldn`t change too much on the reds and chelsea while both sides have other options upfront. look at their abilities in scoring last week.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
3-2

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
We are doomed Kuyt is comming after being rested against AM :moan:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
If Alonso and Mascherano can control the midfield like they did against Man U, I think we can win (of course Chelsea's midfield is 10x better then the scums even without Essien).

Considering Chelsea have been unbeatable at home for god knows how long and we have a few injuries/players doubtful, I'd happily take a draw right now although I hope the players don't take this attitude and they take the game to Chelsea.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
both teams have some injuries, so they have only advantage that they `ll play at home. otherwise, we should have the same opportunities to win this game.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
They dont get unbeaten for 86 games if they are crap.

Chelsea 3
Liverpool 0

Then again... :pp
f** hell, what`s wrong? :D
you always predict our team to lose even if we are able to win or it`s against a weaker team.

hopefully we win this and prove you wrong. ;)

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
I'm going 1-1, or 0-0. Mascherano to shut down Chelsea. Kuyt to miss to chances, and one penalty not given.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
f** hell, what`s wrong? :D
you always predict our team to lose even if we are able to win or it`s against a weaker team.

hopefully we win this and prove you wrong. ;)
Hey mate, i'm superstitious. Every since last season when i predicted a win against a suposedly weaker opponent, we freaking lost that bloody game.

So far this season, its like "Well, i'll predict a lost and if we win, let me just continue with it thou its gonna piss a few fans alike" Well, it is working so far (except for that fvcking draw i got correct against stoke:mad:) and i aint gonna stop! :pp

PS: I love to have that unbeaten home record. :howler:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool

I am not confident of getting anything but I am a pessimist all the time, if we lose it won't be the end of the world and I'd hope we could bounce back straight away against Pompey and Spurs (I think). A boring 0-0 would suit me fine.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Yeah, crap time to play Spurs, they'll be getting the "new manager effect." Infact by the sounds of it so will Pompey.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
And then we will go on to lose against pompey cause they got a new manager and also to spurs cause houdini doing his act. And the papers will call it black november and our title challenge will be over with 3 straight losses. :yuck:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Can someone please confirm to me whether Torres is out or not? It seems strange, there's a small note of it on the pre-match build up on the BBC website saying he's 'definitely out' even though you would think they were talking about someone as minor as Philip Degen. I've seen no big headlines saying he's definitely out, and on one preview they said he faces a late fitness test, or is that out of date?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts