Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Liverpool travel to the Reebok Stadium looking to maintain their impressive start to the league season.

The Reds have lost just once - in their last away game at Spurs - and they will be keen to continue that proud record against the Trotters.

It's not been the happiest of grounds for and Rafa and co over the years, but they did win 3-1 here last season, and another three points will be vital if they are to keep pace at the top of the table.

YNWA​

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after we lost in carling cup vs spurs, now it`s time to concentrate in epl games.

this will be the 4th game during only 10 days. but although of that, we must win it in order to keep our chances big to win the title. :hopeful:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
1-5

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i watched some highlights of bolton`s last game vs hull city(0-1). the thing which attracted me the most was the great performing for Jaaskelainen who made some of the best saves which could be seen in the epl. actually, i do rate him highly among the epl stars. he was man of the match easily after he helped bolton to snatch an important win away of the reebok stadium.

who did watch the game? :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
i watched some highlights of bolton`s last game vs hull city(0-1). the thing which attracted me the most was the great performing for Jaaskelainen who made some of the best saves which could be seen in the epl. actually, i do rate him highly among the epl stars. he was man of the match easily after he helped bolton to snatch an important win away of the reebok stadium.

who did watch the game? :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyOHSaAgkLo&feature=related

:pp

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Bolton aren't what they once were, I expect nothing less then three points and a convincing performace.

I'd love to see;

Reina

Arbeloa - Carragher - Agger - Aurelio

Alonso - Mascherano
Gerrard - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Riera

Torres - Keane

Which I think is easilly our strongest XI. Although I'm expecting something more like;

Reina

Alonso - Mascherano

Kuyt - - Gerrard - - Riera

Torres

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bolton aren't what they once were, I expect nothing less then three points and a convincing performace.

I'd love to see;

Reina

Alonso - Mascherano
Gerrard - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Riera

Torres - Keane

Which I think is easilly our strongest XI. Although I'm expecting something more like;

Reina

Alonso - Mascherano

Kuyt - - Gerrard - - Riera

Torres
i like the 1st lineup too. but i predict Rafa to start with the 2nd.. i.e, Rafa always depends on Kuyt.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Eh, forgot Arbeloa is suspended. I'd give Darby a go at right back but more realistically it'll be Carragher at right back and Hyypia in the middle with Agger. Can see a few problems at the back here considering how bad Hyypia looked in mid-week, the fact that I don't like Carragher at right back and I'm never convincd by Agger against this sort of side... if Dossena plays as well.:scared:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I think more likely that rafa will stick with dossena at right back and have carra at central with agger in the middle.

Rafa have a persistent character to stick with players who perform badly in the previous game. In a way its good as it will give confidence to the battered player.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eh, forgot Arbeloa is suspended. I'd give Darby a go at right back but more realistically it'll be Carragher at right back and Hyypia in the middle with Agger. Can see a few problems at the back here considering how bad Hyypia looked in mid-week, the fact that I don't like Carragher at right back and I'm never convincd by Agger against this sort of side... if Dossena plays as well.:scared:
yes hyppia and agger looked a terrible partner in the carling game vs spurs. :yuck:

but we can`t predict any other options than what you said.

carra---hyppia---agger--aurelio

Liverpooldian said:
I think more likely that rafa will stick with dossena at right back and have carra at central with agger in the middle
has dossena played as a RB?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Fernando Torres only makes the bench for our lunchtime clash with Bolton as Rafa Benitez makes nine changes from the team that faced Tottenham. Listen to full commentary online on our 'Match Day Live' show from 12.15pm GMT.
Only Daniel Agger and Sami Hyypia survive from the midweek defeat in the Carling Cup.

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Carragher, Hyypia, Agger, Aurelio, Gerrard, Mascherano, Riera, Kuyt, Alonso, Keane. Subs: Cavalieri, Darby, Lucas, Babel, Torres, Dossena, Benayoun.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Agger and Hyypia only looked bad because they were defending way too much space, the fullbacks were playing like wingbacks and Sami and Agger were up shit creek.Two mindless idiot fullbacks getting caught out constantly with huge amount's of space behind them that the centre halves had to keep an eye on the whole match.Dossena in particular, wasnt doing anything going forward which raises the question why was he chasing back while Lennon was running into open space all the time? Absolute crap positioning, Riise never gave wingers that much space.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
This man marking job on Gerrard is fascinating. I mean, Gerrard is a complete non-factor at the moment.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
But it hasn't worked because they've been completely outplayed. Bolton are a horrible footballing team.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts