Discussion Starter #1
Oh Rafa Rafa
Whatever will be, will be
We're playing the Toffees next
And they're gonna get stuffed!

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I'm expecting the Toffees to implode from a massive nose bleed in time for this match, I think we'll give them a thrashing to bring them back down to earth- 4-0.

Is Garcia back for this match?

Dudek should start in net btw

·
Registered
664 Posts
Garcia not 100 %. doubt you'll see him. look for this lineup.

Finnan, Sami, Carra, Riise
Nunez, Xabi, Didi, Kewell
............Stevie............
............Baros..............

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Don't be this confident.Could explode in your face.

Remember Olympiakos were a very poorly managed side on the night and the players lost the plot simply!

Everton will be a different cup of tea and David Moyes has an extremely efficient machine functioning at the blue half of Merseyside.The 5 point gap in points clearly shows the difference in performance between the sides and if anything Everton will start as favs for the clash.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Shaf you talk about Doc, or is it suicideDD, being disillusioned by bitterness and hatred but I think you have to look at yourself. What we did against Olympiakos was not down to "poor management" but a class effort by our players who put everything into the 2nd half, I dont no why you want to take that away from us. Also how are Everton favourites, they may have more points but the gulf in class is obvious- we will be favourites and if we play like we can we will win.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
SMO,not taking anything from you lot.The result and the way it was achieved was something special.The efforts of all the Liverpool players were magnificent but Olympiakos clearly lost the plot in second half.They kept sitting deep and inviting pressure onto them and the players were losing balls cheaply all over the pitch.

Everton are sitting third on the League after 16 games on merit.They are above us in the table...does it mean they have a better squad than us?Its just that their performances have been solid and more consistent than ours.iIf you think Liverpool are coming of a magnificent result then Everton also had a great result the last time played and with each passing game the belief of the team is getting stronger.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Well , to be realistic , they will be very tough to beat .

The tiredness is the only factor that can make us lose the match . But then again , We have captain fantastic .

·
Registered
170 Posts
shaf,

the key is the consistency bit. both us and manu have got better teams than them, but we've both had spectacular gaps in form at some point in this half of the season, hence the point deficit.

bluenoses will be hard to beat primarily because they're hard to score against, while we always seem to concede against the run of play. being able to bag a few is going to be key. with that said, given our recently found form and a much healthier looking starting 11, i believe we can give it a solid shot. they will definitely be outclassed, its just a question of us matching their commitment and not doing anything assinine, ala conceding from the only chance the opposing team is able to come up with.

-p

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
we can win this....should not be that difficult but knowing us when we are on roll shit does happened just like the Birgmingham game!

But this time we win!!!

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi eymc.. Actually I believe it WILL be difficult to beat Everton..

They aren't where they are in the table on luck alone.. they lost heavily to Arsenal on the opening day.. and ever since, have been rock hard to handle.. Man U failed in scoring at OT against them.. and many other teams have had similar frustrations.

Of course I do hope we can win.. and it is acheivable.. after all, a derby game is totally different than any other game.. and whoever wants to win it more will get it done..

I actually feel bjb's formation is excellent.. if I would make a change to it.. it's Traore for Nunez.. with Traore as left back.. Riise left midfield.. Gerrard on the right and more... while Kewell would be Baros' support..

It's early.. but I haven't been impressed by Nunez.. someone mentioned this.. the lad goes to the ground too easily expecting fouls.. that doesn't happen in England.. furthermore I don't feel he has the creativity or flair that we'd want for him..

Kewell on the other hand has made a turn for the better.. he's not back in form yet... but scored to break his goal drought last week.. played well and supported with an assist against the Greeks.. so I hope that continues..

·
Registered
170 Posts
imo, we need to play harry on the left. his assist came when he was playing on the left too. i am very hopeful that it's only going to get better for him from now on and even though he may not be fully in form yet, he works hard and does his bit defensively as well and is a good option on the left. i'd like riise at LB in that case, because he's got better distribution out of defense than djimi does. this is key for us if we are to maintain possession and keep the pressure up, which will be essential against the blueshite.

nunez is not playing well enough currently. i'm prepared to give him time to adjust though, he's only played two competitive first team games since he came back from extended injury leave. i believe garcia will be back in the side instead when he is fit again instead of nunez, unless he improves. currently, i would play finnan at RM, but unfortunately we don't have anyone better than him for RB (rafa, please don't play josemi on sat!) so it's a case of playing the best combination of players we can. he is also decent distributing the ball out of defense, which is crucial.

i believe gerrard will be playing in the advanced, behind the striker free role again, with didi returning to the side after being suspended for the CL match. with didi playing DM in front of the back four, xabi will be free to make plays and stevie will have license to roam offensively.

i believe baros will start, with us possibly adding fsp or bringing fsp on for him later in the game. i would really love to see fsp and baros play together, as i think they would be incredibly dangerous and too much for everton to handle if fsp plays nearly as well as he did in the oly match. however, this is only likely to happen if we are losing, with hamann coming off (that's what i would do, but rafa is unpredictable ;])

-p

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Its never easy playing them..whatever the form of both teams going into the derby...

we must really dig in...

my team:

Kirkland

Finnan Carragher Hyypia Traore

Hamann Alonso Riise
Gerrard
Kewell

Sinama Pongolle

·
Registered
170 Posts
erm, what are both harry and jar doing in the midfield? or are you wanting to play gerrard on the right?

-p

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Josemi has dissapointed me , he is defending absolutely shite! I was so nervous whenever the ball went on the right after we went up 3-1.

Nunez ? Are you sure this is a good game for him to play ......Because i certainly i am not.

Harry ON The left would be fine but PONGOLLE has got to start .....

Baros needs to pass more , in a match like this he cannot run with the ball .

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Too many chances missed.

Pongolle --- Poor
Gerrard ---- Alright
Diao --- good enough
Hamann --- good enough
Josemi --- shite.
Kirkland -- shaky.

Don't have time to write more

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
Also how are Everton favourites, they may have more points but the gulf in class is obvious- we will be favourites and if we play like we can we will win.
Yes - the gulf in class in terms of team work is obvious, which kind of sums up my post-match point that Liverpool were never going to score 4 goals against us.
Not a classic match at all, but both teams could see there was too much to lose and were really cautious in the first half. Looks like the turning piont came when Hamann was subbed; it created more space in midfield for the goal. In the end - the result is most important for us :D

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I dont think we deserved anything from this game.

JK didn't look confident in goal at all. The commentators were suggesting he should have done better with Carsley's shot but in all fairness he was unsighted. Perhaps his positioning was unsound. Anyway, big scope for improvement there.

Our midfield was coping reasonably well. very good match for Diao who did exactly what was required. I was disappointed when Didi was taken of. And the effect was almost immediate. carsley scored of just the kind of position which Hamann routinely covers: just around the penalty box boundary. And Nunez as usual did little of significance. I think Rafa should wait until he is back to match fitness before bringing him on and play him against weaker teams (or in matches where we already have a 2-0 lead). Hes not the kind of player you'd want in a derby game, not in his present condition and form.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts