Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emile Heskey might be back in Blue, and Luis Garcia is suspended for this Match.

Expecting

Baros - Morientes
Riise-Hamann-Gerrard-?
Traore-Hyypia-Carra- ?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
Emile Heskey might be back in Blue, and Luis Garcia is suspended for this Match.

Expecting

Baros - Morientes
Riise-Hamann-Gerrard-?
Traore-Hyypia-Carra- ?
Why the question mark on right back? Why wouldn't it be Finnan? Is he injured?

-Scott

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Well, last season we beat them away 3-0 if I am not mistaken :lala:, personally I remember being delighted at the result as it increased our chances in keeping the CL 4th spot, but I got carried away and forgot it is only Birmingham only! Nevertheless, we deserved the win, and in our meeting last year at Anfield we dominated, but Anderton came out from nowhere (actually he came off the bench) and scored the only goal of the game :(. We have won the last 3 games I think and hope we can make it 4 out of 4 :thmbup: while the Brummies have lost to Man Utd last week but apart from a win over Sotton their form has been poor and they are in midtable, I expect us to win it, and hopefully Heskey won't score against us :D

3 - 1 to us!
COME ON REDS! :boxing: :fero:

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I don't know why Liverpool manager Rafa, don't go for Bangol on the right, while Garcia is out, and maybe put Baros on the left and give Morientes a bigger role upfront as striking force, it would take too much out of the speed of Baros + Bangol

it would be a ruff game for the reds

I see it 3-2 for Liverpool, Morientes + Baros + Gerrard will be the goal scorers
blues goals will be for Pandiani + Anderton

Visca el Barca :strong:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
the team is something like

.................Dudek
Finnan.....Carra...Hyypia...Traore
............Hamann..Biscan
.Baros.........Gerrard.......Riise
.................Morientes

****ing stupid playin Milan there if you ask me

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Birmingham 1 - 0 Liverpool [37 - Pandiani (pen)]

Liverpool's old boy Bruno Heskey wobbled and tripped over Hyypia's outstretch leg. The referee awarded a PK :googly: and The Rifle made no mistake from the spot.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Birmingham 2 - 0 Liverpool [45' - Gray]

Traore lost the ball to Jermaine Pennant in the area, Pennant beat Riise with a quick change of pace, delivered a delicate cross from the right and Julian Gray hammered the ball home from 6 yards at the far post.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Half time ****in crap, get Smicer on for Biscan and switch to 4-4-2

dudek
finnan carragher hyypia traore
smicer gerrard biscan riise
morientes baros

Come on Reds!

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
0-2 Hard mountain to climb
and its raining makes it harder

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Amzing having 4 defender and 3 of them aint much good.

Namely Finnan,Hypiia and Traore.

We should replace 2 of them in the summer

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Alter Ego said:
0-2 Hard mountain to climb
and its raining makes it harder
What's happened? :eek: You were so confident that this would just be such a stoll in the park for Liverpool and would end up 2 points behind us with no problems at all ;)

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
With Upson, Pandiani and Pennant, Birmingham is absolutely not an ordinary team. Very different from what I saw from last season.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
I thought we could have won it due to Birmingham's poor form of late, but now it is back to the drawing board :wallbang:
Chelsea beat Everton but we could not take advantage of that.

From what I read and heard apparently it was a totally poor performance by the lads today but I think and hope it's just a bad day, we must fight til the end and get that precious 4th spot.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
very poor game. starting Milan on the right didnt' make too much sense to me.. he wasn't as effective. 4-5-1 system didn't seem to be too effective but neither was 4-4-2, blues were just more industrious then us.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Benitez isn't the sort of coach that allows the players to dictate the system and right now he has to play Gerrard as a playmaking type midfielder and simply put the captain's maybe the 198th best in the world at doing that and you won't win jack playing this ad hoc system.

One thing that Benitez always had was a cynical and brutal defence (Ayala), a tactically intelligent midfield of maybe one player like Aimar, one anchor and another player who came forward as "surprise", always into space, one touch shoot. He also had Vicente.

Don't see any of that atm. Hamann looks a spent force, much as I admired him and Gerrard is such a headless chook and useless tryhard when the team is playing badly - it's like nobody else on the team knows how to play except him and he needs to do it all. I wish Benitez had the balls to drop him for a game or two.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts