Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Liverpool face Arsenal hoping to pick up a maiden win at the Emirates and further enhance their title credentials.

The Reds endured a miserable first visit to the Gunners' new ground when they slumped to a 3-0 defeat in December 2006.

Since then they have shown improved form, picking up two 1-1 draws within three days of each other last season, in the Premier League and the Champions League respectively.

:star: YNWA :star:​

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Perhaps it has been said before many times but Arsenal are like a wounded lion, Chelsea and Man U will tell you that. People look at their performances like Stoke, Hull, Middlesborough, etc and think they can walk over them. When you have players like Nasri, Ade, RVP and specially Cesc you always have a chance to pull out a win. But Arsenal do make things difficult for themself by having Bendtner, Denilson, Song, Gallas and Almunia in their team.

Benetiz is probably a master motivator and probably let his players know how important it is to get a result and NOT repeat Man U and Chelsea's mistake. Tough one to predict but hope it turns out to be a good game nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perhaps it has been said before many times but Arsenal are like a wounded lion, Chelsea and Man U will tell you that. People look at their performances like Stoke, Hull, Middlesborough, etc and think they can walk over them. When you have players like Nasri, Ade, RVP and specially Cesc you always have a chance to pull out a win. But Arsenal do make things difficult for themself by having Bendtner, Denilson, Song, Gallas and Almunia in their team.

Benetiz is probably a master motivator and probably let his players know how important it is to get a result and NOT repeat Man U and Chelsea's mistake. Tough one to predict but hope it turns out to be a good game nonetheless.

which did really annoy me that liverpool made a wonderful results against rivals, but they didn`t against those mid-table teams, at home too. e.g, stoke, west ham.. etc which cost too much!!
i think players have a great role too in terms of motivating themselves, they did well vs rivals this season, so hopefully they forget Hull`s game and focus in this one.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Thing is this season, everything seems to play into Liverpools hand but for some reason you guys are not taking all 'needed' points (example Wham, last weekend, etc) when the other big boys drop points. Arsenal seems to be getting all the points from the big boys but very inconsistent against smaller side, Chelsea have a very poor home record and are far cry from their early season form but I think 100% away record, Man U are teh only serious rival for the title who are getting points but they have shown so far this season they are not so invinciple as last season.

I'm sorry I'm not taking a swipe at Liverpool but not many ppl are taking you guys serious because you performances has been very unconvincing so far (well you were perfect against Chelsea and Man U) but getting a result against Arsenal might prove few of those doubters wrong (like myself) but then again wasting them (like Spurs, WHam, last weekend not sure who you played) and you're back to square one. So the only good thing (and perhaps most interesting thing) so far in the EPL is no one is taking all the points, it seems all the big 4 (well 3) are staring at one another before making an serious claim for the title.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Arse 0-LVERPOOL 1,
deflected goal from robbie keane?

hope he's playing and we play 2 up front

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thing is this season, everything seems to play into Liverpools hand but for some reason you guys are not taking all 'needed' points (example Wham, last weekend, etc) when the other big boys drop points. Arsenal seems to be getting all the points from the big boys but very inconsistent against smaller side, Chelsea have a very poor home record and are far cry from their early season form but I think 100% away record, Man U are teh only serious rival for the title who are getting points but they have shown so far this season they are not so invinciple as last season.
that`s what i referred to previously. we had some chances to make a very good gap of points with chelsea and manutd. they had dropped in some games, we beat them, but unfortunately we didn`t invest that when the reds lost many points against hull city last week and of course the defeat from tottenham.

I'm sorry I'm not taking a swipe at Liverpool but not many ppl are taking you guys serious because you performances has been very unconvincing so far (well you were perfect against Chelsea and Man U) but getting a result against Arsenal might prove few of those doubters wrong (like myself) but then again wasting them (like Spurs, WHam, last weekend not sure who you played) and you're back to square one. So the only good thing (and perhaps most interesting thing) so far in the EPL is no one is taking all the points, it seems all the big 4 (well 3) are staring at one another before making an serious claim for the title
this game no doubt a tough and to win will push the reds towards the the title race strongly and to wait for another drop for chelsea and manutd, hopefully.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Robbie Keane said:
Wish we had Torres for this one... we'll miss his pace.
the fact that we miss torres in any game he does not play it. :(

who do you think will start upfront?
and i wish to see babel start this game.

·
Registered
210 Posts
welcome back, redheart. :smileani:
Thanks,
miss this forum already...

well , Arse raise their game against top team..

I hope they don't treat us like top team :pp,
I won't mind cause they sucks playing so-called lesser team :pp

considering that we perform better on the road than anfield this season,
I think we'll win this one,the worst draw

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks,
miss this forum already...

well , Arse raise their game against top team..

I hope they don't treat us like top team :pp,
I won't mind cause they sucks playing so-called lesser team :pp

considering that we perform better on the road than anfield this season, I think we'll win this one,the worst draw
nice to see you optimistic, but i think it will depend on more on which form and players will rafa use in this game. actually, i don`t trust 1 or 2 players to have a positive impact on the pitch for our team.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would like to see this team:

Reina
Arbeloa Carra Agger Aurelio/Insua
Mascherano Xabi
Kuyt Gerrard Riera
Keane
i like your formation but i would like babel to play in such game. he has more possibility to score against arsenal.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts