Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Arsenal v Liverpool

Liverpool travel to London for what is only our second ever league visit to the Emirates Stadium.

Rafa and co have had mixed fortunes against the Gunners in recent years and our first visit to their new ground ended in disappointment, as the hosts ran out comfortable 3-0 winners.

There have also been some disappointments at home in the knockout competitions as a 3-1 reversal in the FA Cup was followed by an embarrassing 6-3 thrashing in the Carling Cup days later.

However, a 4-1 win at Anfield last season and a solid performance in a 1-1 draw earlier in the this campaign prove that we are more than capable of giving the Gunners a match.

A defeat for Arsenal would no doubt hand an advantage to Manchester United in the title race, and while this will no doubt chagrin many a reds fans, three points would also go some way to ensuring Champions League football will be played in the red half of Merseyside again next season.​

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
then we have to stay at the emirates .. that`s would be a likeable for us . i love those kind of games. :D

come on redmen :fero:

YNWA :proud:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an interesting game, we don't have that much to fight for here, being 5 points clear of Everton so there will be a lot of rotation I suppose. But Arsenals squad is a little thin because of all the injuries...

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i think Pennant showed very good game with the reserve team against everton , he can start this game with lucas and crouch as well .. 3 or 4 changes would be enough .

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
think gerrard and torres will get a run out of about an hour and then subbed, we should just try and aim for a draw here and put all our effort into europe.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i forget that mascherano will miss this game as well due to the suspension .
bring lucas in next to alonso .. or to play gerrard instead and use pennant and babel on the wings . i think this will be a bit better .

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
well we did eat you guys alive.

I am sure if you qualify by nicking a goal on counter and went on to win the UCL, the wednesday one would be one match you won't love telling your grandchildren to go watch and see how much dominating your team was in those days ;)

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i don`t want to mention many examples of big teams won big trophies despite they weren`t convincing sides during finals . for me i see liverpool dealt with last game superbly and got a goal away of anfeild and they know how to pass your team next tuesday . and you know too how liverpool is better than arsenal in like these european games.. last Wed wouldn`t change the fact of that while this Sat game in the epl is another issue .

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well we did eat you guys alive.

I am sure if you qualify by nicking a goal on counter and went on to win the UCL, the wednesday one would be one match you won't love telling your grandchildren to go watch and see how much dominating your team was in those days ;)
Of course not, we'd just tell them six times baby and Arsenal? :D

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
" 6 times son ..."
"great dad ..so where are the dvds?"
"who cares ...its 6 times"
"but dad ..did you even watch it yourself?"
"nah ..just checked the scores"

:pp

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
" 6 times son ..."
"great dad ..so where are the dvds?"
"who cares ...its 6 times"
"but dad ..did you even watch it yourself?"
"nah ..just checked the scores"

:pp
"Dad Arsenal play great football, how many times have they won the CL"
"big Z-E-R-O son"

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
Rafa Benitez could gamble on wholesale changes when Liverpool return to the Emirates Stadium for the second time in four days on Saturday.

The Spaniard has often been criticised for selecting his team to accommodate upcoming UEFA Champions League fixtures, but with the quarter-final against Arsenal so evenly poised, Benitez admits it is likely he will rest key players for the clash in the capital.

Striking sensation Fernando Torres was taken off in the final minutes of Wednesday's 1-1 Champions League draw and is highly unlikely to be risked again.

Benitez may also opt to rest skipper Steven Gerrard, Sami Hyypia, Jamie Carragher, Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel as his eyes gaze firmly at the second leg on Merseyside.

Think carefully

Benitez, who could play Peter Crouch and fit-again Andriy Voronin up front, said: "I will need to think carefully about my team for the league match.

"Torres and Gerrard will need to be strong for the second leg, and Kuyt ran himself to a standstill on Wednesday.

"Some players recover in two or three days, others need four. Maybe we will need to change some players.

"The age may be the key. Fernando can recover in two days, but Sami could take five. We will have to wait and see.

"I am expecting to make changes, I cannot expect them to play three times like that in seven days, certainly with the very high tempo of the games.

"It is impossible to play these same players three times in a week. Impossible."
Maybe this?
Reina
Arbeloa, Carra Skirtle Risse
Pannent Lucas Alonso Yossi
Crouch Voronin

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
pointless game..arsenal will win rafa will rest the three good players he has
:nono: We dont have to win this game a draw would be fine
so we will concentrate on kicking your players knees, how about that.

Tuesday is the big one :fero:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts