Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the one we've been waiting for, two giants meeting again in the world's biggest competition for the first time in 20 years. The last meeting resulting in a very unfortunate way, the Liverpool will be the underdogs going into this match with an injury plagued season. But that will not stop us, bring on Juve! THIS IS ANFIELD

You'll Never Walk Alone

MEMORIA E AMICIZIA
In Memory of the 39

·
Registered
302 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
This is the one we've been waiting for, two giants meeting again in the world's biggest competition for the first time in 20 years. The last meeting resulting in a very unfortunate way, the Liverpool will be the underdogs going into this match with an injury plagued season. But that will not stop us, bring on Juve! THIS IS ANFIELD

You'll Never Walk Alone

MEMORIA E AMICIZIA
In Memory of the 39

Memoria E Amicizia

I am hoping for a great match and a great spirit of friendship to fill Anfield Tuesday night.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
we would beat them if most of our squad wasn't injured/cup tied.

Wanted to go to this game but couldn't get ****ing tickets, has all the ingredients to be a brilliant game- the players, two great tactical managers history, rivalry, great fans etc. Hopefully nothing stupid happens between the fans.

You'll Never Walk Alone

MEMORIA E AMICIZIA
In Memory of the 39

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If we can get 2-0 or 3-1 we have a good chance in my opinion, 1-0, 2-1 3-2 or draws will not be good enough. The Italians may sit back a bit at Anfield and if they do we need to take full advantage

I read talk of Stevie G being played pretty much up front as a second striker - anyone heard this or news to the contrary?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
With only one fit/eligible striker it could go one of two ways.

1) Assuming Welsh did enough and Rafa thinks he's ready.
Code:
                   Baros

Riise                              Garcia
                  Gerrard
         Biscan           Welsh

Traore       Hyppia      Carragher     Finnan
or

2) If he doesn't feel Welsh is ready

Code:
                   Baros

Riise                              Nunez
                  Garcia
         Biscan           Gerrard

Traore       Hyppia      Carragher     Finnan
With the number of injuries I don't really see too many more options unless he settles on 442 with Garcia and Baros upfront.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Juve has the edge in this tie, even if it's an away fixture for them :scared: Pool have only one fit striker for this game and Juve players were rested over the weekend as Serie A games were postponed in remembrance of the passing of the Pope.

I'm still putting my money on you guys nicking a narrow 1-0 win :hopefull:

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to call it but to sum up everyone's thoughts we will need to win this one if we want to proceed into the the semi's. God i just want us to play well and hopefully score 2. Aggregates will be key, we need to keep a clean sheet.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Well good luck. It will be a tough match for both sides.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think Le tallec should be given a chance to start with baros up front. I was impressed with him before and thought he did well when he came in as a sub in the Bolton game.

Liverpool to win 1 - 0. Riise to score

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
we need to keep a clean sheet.
That does not happen to be Dudek's strong point...

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Gladly.(eh! Still wrong spelling amigo!)
If only he moves....
Then, with a good striker like Mori, good midfielders like Gerrard and Alonso, and a good Keeper..
The team will be invincible!! Nahahahaah!!!!!!1 *diabolical laughter*

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
beat juventus..make my day and night sweeter:) :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts