Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Liverpool have an immediate chance to avenge their first defeat of the season when they return to White Hart Lane for the fourth round of the Carling Cup.

The Reds conceded two late goals to slump to a 2-1 defeat against Harry Redknapp's side earlier this month and Rafa and co will be eager to set the record straight.

The Spaniard is likely to make full use of his squad for the trip to the capital - and although that may hand some of the initiative to Spurs - the home side must be wary of the famous occasion when Liverpool's youngsters knocked them out of the competition on penalties back in 2004.

:star: YNWA :star:​

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
1-4

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
at the WHT and only 10 days from the last game against in epl.
i hope Rafa to rest some tired players which i predict him to do too, maybe 3 or 4 players.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I could not care less if we lose. i want to see the reserves and kid to play.

Give Ngog, pennant, lucas all a chance.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know our concentration is more on the epl and ucl. but i don`t want to be knocked out early by spurs. we don`t forget our 1st lose in the epl last week. :nono: :stuckup:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
I think Rafa may use a mixture of first teamers and fringe players with the odd youth/ reserve. Last year against Reading he played Torres in the Carling Cup. I think he'll do the same this year as Torres needs minutes in Rafa's eyes to regain his fitness and sharpness. This is a big game for Lucas ans Benayoun IMO, especially the former who after a decent first year, needs to grow and enhance himself in the team. I think more than anyone: Gerrard, Mascherano, Carra, Arbeloa and Kuyt need to be rested.

I think we'll probably play:

-------------Cavalieri----------------
Darby--Hyypia----San Jose*--Dossena
---------Lucas-----Plessis----------
---Benayoun----------------Babel---
-------------Torres------N'Gog------

Centre backs the area I don't know whether Rafa will rest both Agger and Carra and use a youth player or play one of Carra or Agger.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually i don`t have updated news about nemeth whether he has recovered from injury or not. :rollani:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I have no care for this game, if we win thats nice but if we don't then who cares?

We have to put all our effort into the league this season.

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
I think Nemeth is back for the Wigan(reserves) game, next week.

I really hope Rafa gives the kids a game, would like to see this team.

Diego
Degan Hyypia Agger Insua
Pannent Lucas Plassis El Zhar
Babel Torres(Ngog second half)

I will honely go mental at Rafa is he plays Dossena ahead of Insua. Dossena has had his chance to impress and hes been shite.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Fernando Torres returns to the Liverpool team to face Tottenham Hotspur in the Carling Cup this evening as Rafael Benitez makes a host of changes from the side that faced West Brom.

Andrea Dossena comes into the side in place of Fabio Aurelio at left-back, while Philip Degen replaces Alvaro Arbeloa on the opposite side of defence and Damien Plessis gets a start in the centre of the park.

The Liverpool team in full: Cavalieri, Degen, Agger, Hyypia, Dossena, El Zhar, Lucas, Plessis, Babel, Ngog, Torres. Subs: Gulacsi, Riera, Darby, Insua, Benayoun, Carragher.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts