Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A replay of USA - Poland game, that was played in July? :D
Our team consists of domestic players only:

Goalkeepers: Artur Boruc (1980, Legia Warszawa, 5A), Marcin Cabaj (1980, Cracovia, 0A).

Defenders: Marcin Baszczynski (1977, Wisla Krakow, 18A), Arkadiusz Glowacki (1979, Wisla Krakow, 16A), Tomasz Klos (1973, Wisla Krakow, 59A-4 gole), Tomasz Kielbowicz (1976, Legia Warszawa, 6A), Dariusz Dudka (1983, Amica Wronki, 2A), Jaroslaw Bieniuk (1979, Amica Wronki, 6A).

Midfielders:
Radoslaw Sobolewski (1976, Wisla Krakow, 5A-1 gol), Piotr Giza (1980, Cracovia, 0A), Konrad Gołos (1982, Polonia Warszawa, 0A), Przemyslaw Kazmierczak (1982, Pogon Szczecin, 0A), Michał Golinski (1981, Dyskobolia Groclin Grodzisk Wlkp., 1A), Marcin Burkhardt (1983, Amica Wronki, 9A-1 gol), Marcin Zajac (1975, Dyskobolia-Groclin Grodzisk Wielkopolski, 10A).

Strikers: Bartosz Slusarski (1981, Dyskobolia Groclin Grodzisk Wlkp., 0A), Ireneusz Jelen (1981, Wisla Plock, 4A-1 gol), Tomasz Frankowski (1974, Wisla Krakow, 10A-6 goli).

·
Registered
535 Posts
The defensive line is more experienced than that team, and the strikers are top notch. I think this will be a better game than initially anticipated, and I plan to be there. Anyone else going?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hmmmm weird squad I do not like Kielbowicz why does Janas like him. Look forward to seeing Slusarski though he could play a part in our qualifiers I think he deserves to. 3rd best striker in the Polish league is my opinion after Zurawski and Frankowski

·
Registered
805 Posts
Smoga said:
The defensive line is more experienced than that team, and the strikers are top notch. I think this will be a better game than initially anticipated, and I plan to be there. Anyone else going?
Well, the midfield is really poor.

·
Registered
535 Posts
And now without Frankowski and Jelen the offensive line is poor as well. Oh well, at least Pawel Brozek will get a chance to shine, and it will be interesting to watch Slusarski live.

·
Registered
535 Posts
FT 1:1

My ad hoc impressions:

1st half: offensive and mid-field disaster. Excellent physical defense against smaller Mexicans by Klos, Glowacki and Baszczyski. All rock solid. Boruc very solid as well. Dudka good defensively, tried to create, but not much luck. Zajac...well, terrible.. let's hope it was his last time in the Poland uniform, but sorry to see him go out injured. Sobolewski was the only bright spot in the midfield, technically better than his Mexican opponents, I think with this appearance he played his way into the regular team. Brozek: some brilliant touches, he's going to be a star someday (this was the first time I saw him play, and he is good). Slusarski ran a lot, but not very productive; needlessly confrontational. Our entire offense in the first half consisted on long passes that seemed to be wither carried too far by the wind or end up over the right hand side touch line.

2nd half: Poland finally attacks, but its the Mexicans who score. Still don't know if it was a blown offside trap or just well played by the Mexicans. Boruc at fault for sure, came off his line at an awkward moment.

Much better second half by Poland though. Sobolewski played very well, the defensive line was very good again. Kielbowicz did a lot of running as well. Brozek's goal could have been off-sides, it was hard to tell, but he did show excellent ball control and a powerful, accurate shot. Props to Klos for a great pass. Also an excellent header from Klos from a free kick that could have won the game for us, but a miraculous stop by the Mexican goalie.

My grades:

Excellent: Klos, Glowacki
Good: Brozek, Sobolewski, Boruc, Kielbowicz, Dudka, Baszczynski
Average: Slusarski, Burkhardt
Poor: Zajac

I can't think of the rest, hopefully someone who had more sleep and less beer than I can do a better job at this.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Beautiful goal by Brożek :thmbup: :thmbup:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Smoga said:
I can't think of the rest, hopefully someone who had more sleep and less beer than I can do a better job at this.

More sleep?? I haven't had any because of this game :finger:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I just downloaded the highlights, I'm about to check them out. I hear Brozek's goal was a stunner!

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
MagicalEd said:
I just downloaded the highlights, I'm about to check them out. I hear Brozek's goal was a stunner!
Yes, indeed it was cool :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The game was very chaotic, but quite entertaining to watch.

As for the conclusions, I'd say Dudka should be more seriously considered alternative for Rzasa and Sobolewski proved he is much more versatile than Kaluzny.

Golos showed glimpses of good football and deserves to be observed. The same refers to Brozek, but it's only thanks to that magnificent goal. For most of the game he was as useless as Slusarski.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts